Change up the exterior facade and make it more engaging with the rest of downtown. Take that beige plain walls off and get some style going on it. I really like designs like they did with the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Something very contemporary that really pops.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luminare said:

Change up the exterior facade and make it more engaging with the rest of downtown. Take that beige plain walls off and get some style going on it. I really like designs like they did with the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Something very contemporary that really pops.

Dido on changing the exterior. The Summit looks better from the outside than TC. More glass allowing pedestrians to see what's going on inside.

7 hours ago, Naviguessor said:

I believe that Tilman will, also, develop some surrounding areas and create more of entertainment district around Toyota Center. 

Which I imagine means China Garden's days are numbered.

2 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Honestly a mid size stadium, like BBVA, for a pro sports team would work really well in Midtown. 

Oh God.

You know what I think would be really neat and unique in a sports stadium? Being paid for by the team, not taxpayers.

Edited by Reefmonkey

• 1 year later...

Houston Rockets players murals were going up Saturday. Their motto this year is "One Mission", went to my first game on Wednesday night, pre season vs. San Antonio Spurs, Rockets looked like they had jet lag from their trip to Japan and they lost the game.

xc9dGwv.jpg

BaSPIKF.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
42 minutes ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Would be a good time to start on that “major overhaul” that Tilman mentioned in 18”

Nice! 

They need to rip those maroon seats out and go black and give the arena a Staples Center and Madison Square Garden feel by dimming the lights. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kennyc05 said:

Nice! 

They need to rip those maroon seats out and go black and give the arena a Staples Center and Madison Square Garden feel by dimming the lights. 

I agree 100% about the seats.

The facade is where majority of the work is needed. Extend the facade closer to the street on both Polk and La Branch with a more modern look and materials. I’d like to see it squared off similar to Little Caesars arena in Detroit. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, nate4l1f3 said:

I agree 100% about the seats.

The facade is where majority of the work is needed. Extend the facade closer to the street on both Polk and La Branch with a more modern look and materials. I’d like to see it squared off similar to Little Caesars arena in Detroit. 

I would love to see them do something with the exterior as well!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Would be a good time to start on that “major overhaul” that Tilman mentioned in 18”

Best news I've read in a while!

Maybe we can at least get the place cleaned.  I can't believe Toyota doesn't complain.

Edited by mattyt36
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, mattyt36 said:

I know this is counterintuitive, given the whole point of going public is to raise money, but it's strange this happened today and the supposed leak to Forbes was a banker.

Fertitta Entertainment seeks to terminate Fast Acquisition deal - Houston Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

Yeah I saw this this morning on Clutchfans.

• Like 1