Aris At Market Square: 32-Story High-Rise At 409 Travis St.

Mab

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Nole23 said:

Awesome. I remember when Aris, Market Square Tower, and The Catalyst high rises were just parking lots. I can't wait until they're complete and leased up.

Yep.  And I can remember when discovery green, minutemaid,  Vic and anthonys's /hotel, Toyota center, Hess, Hampton Inn, embassy suites, Hilton, greenstreet?, and sections of the GRB where "parking lots" too.

we should revel in the accomplishment while we  keep touting for more.

• Like 1

I can remember riding the train from Union station to Ohio and everything was buildings and hotels and small businesses, before the Texas Eastern project was proposed, There wasn't a freeway on the east side either. Then they decided it would be easier to develop if everything was just vacant lots, unfortunately.

16 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

Is that beige brick on the upper floors, or some other material like EIFS? Wasn't this supposed to have red brick at some point? Would be good to have a little more contrast with all the other skin-colored buildings.

It's a beige brick.  I thought it was all going to be the color of the brick at the base of the building myself.  I'm willing to see what the final product is before judging it, but I really do like the color of the brick at the base.  

• Like 1