The Good Life Grill And Bar At 510 Gray St.

Charles Z

The name sounds terrible, and the drinks in mason jars angle looks hokey. Something about trying too hard comes to mind.

And, that drink with a glob of strawberry jam in it? Holy jesus, that is nasty! Looks like someone hacked up a piece of their lung into the jar!   :blink:

I went last night and ordered a different calamity, some gin drink that comes with a spoon of honeycomb and Honey Nut Cheerios on top. The drink was fine, but what the hell am I supposed to do to mix a honeycomb and Cheerios into a mason jar cocktail full of big ice cubes?? Or do I just eat a spoonful of honeycomb? The place is odd. The grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup was fine. Not much desire to go back.

• 4 weeks later...

Been a couple times.  Decent food, especially for a bar.  It's upbeat and a good change of pace from some of the other bars.  I stuck with beer, so I can't elaborate on the specialty shots except that they look neat.  It's ideal if you don't want go to a nice restaurant but don't want to stay at home. 

I went there 2 nights ago. I liked the overall concept and atmosphere. Their specialty drinks were not worth the money though. Bad recipes and come in a jar full of ice. If I'm paying 10 bucks for a drink, I don't want 15 ice cubes melting in it as I drink it. I think the place has potential if they iron out the kinks.

• 8 months later...

I've heard the renovations lie before. Businesses that are locked in to a lease will sometimes say this so they can extract all their furniture and equipment before the landlord changes the locks.

The Good Life joins Warhal's in the list of bars that have both opened and closed in 2013 in Midtown.

Edited by kylejack

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to The Good Life Grill And Bar
  • The title was changed to The Good Life Grill And Bar At 510 Gray St.