Tremont Tower Condominiums At 3311 Yupon St.

johncoby

Angry resident paints giant lemons on her condo's windows in protest Homeowner associations taking homeowners to court is not unusual - certainly in Harris County. This story has a different twist. It's a condo board taking a condo owner to court. They were seeking an injunction against a large window display, but the case goes deeper that what's visible to the eye.

Angry resident paints giant lemons on her condo's windows in protest

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a lot of temproary housing in houston.

Let the residents live in Tremont Towers hardly any one else does. There are about 66 units that have been vacant for a couple of years... :( They won't be inhabitable for very long, but some of the units might be livable for a while.

I would hate for anyone to live there, but given the circumstances I finally can recommmend tremont homes for something. They cerrtainly won't be long term. I would offer my Tremont house but it was leaking so badly and was full of toxic mold...I had to move out.

Katrina was an act of God, it made homeless people.

Tremont/Stature makes homeless people because of greed and incompetence. :(

• 1 month later...

Last weekend I went to a party, and conversation turned to new development in Montrose and Midtown. A couple of the guys were professional interior designers (hold the jokes, please) and they were very emphatic about the horrible design of the units in this building ("weird" and "hopeless" are the words that stick in my mind.)

This was completely aside from the legal and health controversies of Tremont Tower, of which they were unaware.

(Oh, and FYI: The 'Tuscany look' has been done to death. That's all their clients ask for, though... :rolleyes: )

Last weekend I went to a party, and conversation turned to new development in Montrose and Midtown. A couple of the guys were professional interior designers (hold the jokes, please) and they were very emphatic about the horrible design of the units in this building ("weird" and "hopeless" are the words that stick in my mind.)

This was completely aside from the legal and health controversies of Tremont Tower, of which they were unaware.

(Oh, and FYI: The 'Tuscany look' has been done to death. That's all their clients ask for, though... :rolleyes: )

Actually, the black matte of toxic mold is perfectly set off by a sandstone finish and can add a splash of organic minimalism to provide one with a sense of a sun-splashed hillside. How charming!

I think your friends just don't "get" the place.

From the article:

"The builder, Jorge Casimiro, is the managing partner of Tremont Tower L.P. -- the condo building's developer -- and serves as president of its homeowners association. (Casimiro also was appointed by Harris County Judge Robert Eckels last year to the Harris County Housing Authority.)

Meanwhile, People magazine featured Casimiro's Tremont in a story called "Contractors from Hell," and the Better Business Bureau revoked the company's membership, along with that of other related companies connected to Casimiro."

Question:

Is Jorge Casimiro STILL on the Harris County Housing Authority Board? If so, WHY?

Judge Eckels, what are YOUR connections to this man and why would you want to be associated with him?

Who ELSE has been appointed by Judge Robert Eckels to sit on the HAB?

Tremont Towers in the news again...

WATCH 'EM

Months after the initial report, graffiti is still an eyesore on property

Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

TODAY'S FOCUS: Several readers have written about Tremont Tower, a Montrose-area midrise property on Yupon, that has graffiti on its walls and high weeds growing on one side of the property. Heather Mickelson wrote, "Tremont still has failed to clean up the graffiti

Graffiti could only be an improvement to this eye sore of a mold infected monstosity.

The best thing that could happen is to have someone with some integrity and conscience aquire the building, strip it to it's bones and re-do it in the way it should have been done in the first place. It's so sad that so much money was spent so badly.

:mellow:

Day 2: Typical Tremont arrogance !!

Nov. 3, 2005, 12:12AM

WATCH 'EM

Writing's on wall to remove graffiti, city tells Tremont Tower owners - Day 2

TODAY'S FOCUS: On Tuesday we reported about graffiti on the Tremont Tower, a Montrose-area midrise property on Yupon. Several readers wrote to complain that the property owners have let the graffiti remain on one wall of the complex for months. The city's Neighborhood Protection Division spokeswoman, Jodi Silva, said Monday that the division investigated the property Aug. 12 and sent the property owners a notice in early September that said they had until Oct. 12 to clean it up. The graffiti was still there on that date, so they referred the property to the Mayor's Anti-Gang Office.

STATUS: Patricia Harrington, of the Anti-Gang Office, told us Tuesday that police officers talked to the property managers several times and offered them free abatement that's available from the city. The community has even offered to get rid of the graffiti during a neighborhood clean-up project recently, Harrington said. "They pretty much turned them down every time we offered our services. ... We've pretty much done our good-faith effort to give them free services out of the Anti-Gang Office," she said. The problem was then referred back to the Neighborhood Protection Division for enforcement. Silva said the division was speaking to the property owners again to let them know that since the graffiti is still up, the city will clean the property and put a lien on it. "We're prepared to move quickly on this," Silva said. We'll follow up.

WHOM TO CONTACT: Dial the city's hotline at 311 to report similar problems or call the Neighborhood Protection Division at 713-218-5500.

GOT A PROBLEM IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD? Call us at 713-362-2636 or e-mail us at watchem@chron.com.

STATUS: Patricia Harrington, of the Anti-Gang Office, told us Tuesday that police officers talked to the property managers several times and offered them free abatement that's available from the city. The community has even offered to get rid of the graffiti during a neighborhood clean-up project recently, Harrington said. "They pretty much turned them down every time we offered our services. ... We've pretty much done our good-faith effort to give them free services out of the Anti-Gang Office," she said. The problem was then referred back to the Neighborhood Protection Division for enforcement. Silva said the division was speaking to the property owners again to let them know that since the graffiti is still up, the city will clean the property and put a lien on it. "We're prepared to move quickly on this," Silva said.

Applause for the current (city) administration!

Looks like Tremont management has been given every opportunity to fix the problem yet, inexplicably, they prefer to be jerks. I'm glad that the city is putting the screws to them, and to others who won't even minimally maintain their property. 'Property Rights' has to be balanced by responsibility of ownership.

Hope this trend continues and grows.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility."

- "Little Edie" Beale in Grey Gardens

THURSDAY'S HOUSTON CHRONICLE:...Writing's on the wall at Tremont Tower

Tremont has cease to amaze me with their arrogance.

Their proclivity toward misdeeds and misconduct continue to make the news.

Unfortutantly, no matter how unethical their behavior,

no matter how much bad press they recieve,

or how many families, neighborhoods, and communities they eggregiously effect... (by their defective building and behavior), they continue to be issued permits.

All the while... the Attorney General's office continues to take complaints and make files, and our leader's run for re-election, and the home owners go into bankruptcy and foreclosure.

As consumers we live in perilous times.

You're kind of a one-trick-pony. Don't you ever participate in any discussions that don't involve Tremont? There's a lot more to the forum than just being a place for you to vent your frustrations.

I can not stress enough the dangers of buying a new home in Texas. If I am instrumental in saving one person from bankrupscy and foreclosure, this one -trick- pony is satisfied.

I can not stress enough the dangers of buying a new home in Texas. If I am instrumental in saving one person from bankrupscy and foreclosure, this one -trick- pony is satisfied.

I appreciate the forum. It is just one more way I can continue to provide a public service. I keep on the subject because nothing is being done. Thousands of houses are being thown up in Houston... and this is temporary housing.

These homes are not like your grandmother's house. They wil not be a place of peace and wonderful memories. These will not be homes that are enjoyed generation after generation. I talk to people everyday caught in this horrible situation and there is nothing I can do to help them. It is flustrating, so maybe you are right... I do vent. I wish there was more I could do.

Applause for the current (city) administration!

Looks like Tremont management has been given every opportunity to fix the problem yet, inexplicably, they prefer to be jerks. I'm glad that the city is putting the screws to them, and to others who won't even minimally maintain their property. 'Property Rights' has to be balanced by responsibility of ownership.

Hope this trend continues and grows.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility."

- "Little Edie" Beale in Grey Gardens

Thank You Patrica Harrington, it is refeshing to see someone take their job seriously.

It is flustrating, so maybe you are right... I do vent. I wish there was more I could do.

What is "flustrating" is reading the same thing over and over. There is more you can do. Take your fight where it does some good...the legislature.

Oh, and find some new dirt. All you ever do is re-write the same thing over and over. Printing new information is one thing....telling us for the 100th time that it is shoddy construction with no new facts is another. In other words, you have managed to annoy the very people who were sympathetic to your cause.

What is "flustrating" is reading the same thing over and over. There is more you can do. Take your fight where it does some good...the legislature.

Oh, and find some new dirt. All you ever do is re-write the same thing over and over. Printing new information is one thing....telling us for the 100th time that it is shoddy construction with no new facts is another. In other words, you have managed to annoy the very people who were sympathetic to your cause.

Redscare, I did go to the legislature and to all our represenatives and senators and I email them updates once a week. I did go to Austin. I have put my time and effort in alot more places than the forum. I also have been before the city council twice. If you will read the Legal court review you will see this is an on going battle and the homeowners in Houston are losing.

This is not old news it is contiuing news. Tremont made the HoustonChronicle Monday and Thursday of this week. I am just trying to keep people informed. I want everyone to get sick of this problem until there is enough of an outcry that something is done. You have no idea how sick I am of this subject.

Please be patient because I will not stop until our represenatives in this city and state, that are surpose to serve and protect us do their job. The only way I can do this is to bring information to the public. Maybe the next legislative session... bills like HB3404 won't get shot down in committe and never even make it to the floor. But the only way this can happen is if people are made aware of bad builders and Tremont just happens to be the poster child.

I appreciate the forum. It is just one more way I can continue to provide a public service. I keep on the subject because nothing is being done.

So, what are you doing other than filling this forum with redundant messages? Have you started a web site? Have you filed legal papers? Do you write letters to the editor (not me)? What about your ward/city/county/state regulators?

So, what are you doing other than filling this forum with redundant messages? Have you started a web site? Have you filed legal papers? Do you write letters to the editor (not me)? What about your ward/city/county/state regulators?

The websight to check is HOBB.ORG.

The messages are updates on current events.

We have filed legal papers.

We have sent numerous letters to the editor,

We have written and met with Ms Wong, who told Jorge Casimiro to come in for a meeting and he refused.

We have met with Senator Ellis.

We have gone to Austin.

We have met with Garnet Coleman

appeared before the city council twice,

filed charges with the Attorney Generals' office,

the Harris county attorney's office

the TRCC(Texas Residential Commission

and the better business bureau.

If you have any more suggestions we would be glad to hear them.

We know you find this subject boring and unrelated to you personally,but when this situation lands on your door step, you will understand the true meaning of flustration.

Thanks

I understand frustration. But I don't understand the point of redundancy.

I did not post for over a month, you wrote me and ask that I come back.

If you will tell me what I have posted that was redundant maybe we can erase it.

There are other people who post things on Tremont, that I do not know, so sometimes some of the articles are duplicated.

The redundancy, as I see it ,is continuous misdeeds by this builder and they constanly make local and national media.

So in a way you are correct.

hydepark, you have made 35 posts on this forum. A search of your posts shows that every single one of them is on the same subject matter, and virtually every one of them repeats the same tired remarks. We understand your frustration with this builder, but we grow weary reading the same tirade over and over, with no new information.

I am sorry that you do not understand how annoying this is for us to read. If you spend any time on this forum other than your own postings, you will find the overwhelming majority of the posters here to be very civil to each other. But, your continued beating of this dead horse has tried our patience.

Please, give it a rest...or take it somewhere else.

Archived