Tremont Tower Condominiums At 3311 Yupon St.

johncoby

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I attended a party the day before Pride at the Tremont Tower and I was very surprised at what I saw. The front had nicely groomed landscaping and the property was clean. The pool is very small but looked great, there is a well equipped gym on the fourth floor and a reading area on the fifth floor. I met several people that lived there and they all liked it. Not one person I spoke with had a negative thing to say about the building. I was looking at buying a unit and was wondering if I am missing something?

Thank you comic08,

Several residents did talk with me about this, a women they all call the lemon lady that single handedly gave the building all of it's bad press. I have looked and looked and everything I have read traces back to a girl named Heather Mickelson and some people with the last name Fogal that did not live there. I discovered Turner Construction built the building and spoke with the project manager that stated the building is fine and has a 10 year warranty from them (six remaining). The only other bad thing I could find was that someone did comment major real state fraud there. There was 6o plus units that were sold in a scam that ended up being foreclosed on. That seems to explain why no one lived there for a long time but the building at this point is about full.

If anyone can find anything other problems of then the lemon lady and the foreclosures please let me know. I have been researching this since my visit and it seems amazing that one person can do so much damage to a property.

Yes - just read this past topic for more info: http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/index.php?showtopic=2489 I would keep in mind these are opinions...you can actually just google this place and find all kinds of info..factual and opinion 

Thanks for your input but why do you think this?

It seems I can buy a unit for a really good price, pay it off the 6 years and rent it out. I spoke with several people that own multiple units and they are not having any trouble renting them out, one even lives there.

Do you know any other properties with similar prices?

I say look elsewhere.

Even for the bargain price, the resale will never measure up to it's potential.

• The title was changed to Tremont Tower Condominiums
  • The title was changed to Tremont Tower Condominiums At 3311 Yupon St.
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived