3009 Post Oak: Office Building At 3009 Post Oak Blvd.

swtsig

• 3 weeks later...

It reached its full height a good two weeks ago. Not sure what took them so long to have the official topping out. The glass has been going up REALLY fast. At the current rate, I'd say the entire structure will be covered before the end of next month.

They still don't seem to have started construction on the garage extension, though.

• 1 month later...

It Looks like they just picked up their first tenant:

http://blog.chron.co...s-first-tenant/

Does anyone have some construction update shots? The curtainwall should be done soon right?

I'll try to go down this weekend and get a few shots. As of now the curtainwall is almost finished and still going up rapidly (I drive by every day and there is definite visible progress each time). The garage still hasn't been started yet.

I had said they hadn't started it yet. And they haven't. The bottom of the current tower is part of the parking, yes, but around the outside, in the picture that HOUSTONIAN (N-ATL) posted, there is an additional garage structure. That doesn't appear to have been started yet.

I had said they hadn't started it yet. And they haven't. The bottom of the current tower is part of the parking, yes, but around the outside, in the picture that HOUSTONIAN (N-ATL) posted, there is an additional garage structure. That doesn't appear to have been started yet.

Oh, ok, my bad. I didn't mean any harm. I just supposed it was misspeak when I saw the garage. I guess they are building just enough for their first tenant to be able to move in?

Someone mentioned earlier that the garage section is pre-fab and will just be thrown up in a matter of weeks. I don't think anyone can move in before it's up, as the garage section that is currently built has no slopes connecting the levels. It'd be kinda bold of them to assuming that we'll have hover cars within 5 months. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good news: I just drove by and they appear to be painting the garage a blue-grey color that matches well with the glass. It certainly looks a LOT better than the concrete. Didn't have time to get my phone out and get a picture.

• Like 2

So has anyone seen a press release announcing more than just a single tenant?  I would think at this point that they have to be getting a little nervous at the lack of leasing.  Of course they could have 5 deals in the works, but given the progress of the building, I would have expected more tenant updates.

• 1 month later...

I know it's still getting a paint job, but I've gotta say that garage is really ugly. Too bad it will be the most prominent feature most people will see. I guess there aren't many ways to dress up seven stories of concrete that look like a sloping gash in the side of a building, but perhaps some more trees would eventually help.

I know it's still getting a paint job, but I've gotta say that garage is really ugly. Too bad it will be the most prominent feature most people will see. I guess there aren't many ways to dress up seven stories of concrete that look like a sloping gash in the side of a building, but perhaps some more trees would eventually help.

Some garages are built into the building so it looks like it's actually part of the building.  I wish they had done that here.

If they had built this in Sweden, I imagine they would have designed it differently.  However, they are investing in Houston, so they planned things according to what they think will be most profitable in this market.  <sigh>

Got to agree here. Not that we never get anything good, but it's just good. It's a shame we don't have at least one leader in the community like of old. Someone with enough clout that might push for greatness like this city once did. Don't get me wrong, I love Houston! I just think that there are some big oppurtunities being missed during this boom.