Hyde Park Supermarket At 214 Fairview St.

trymahjong

i don't like that the duplexes near me bring extra people into the area and that someone from those units is almost always parked in front of my house, but i accept it and don't try to have the duplexes condemned.

One benefit of people parking in front of your house is if you are not there, and someone is parked in front of your house, it makes it look like someone may be home.

• 2 years later...

The old Hyde Park Market is now a Mex place called Cuchara.

http://www.29-95.com...ing-out-cuchara

Went there last week -- drinks were so-so (no frozen drinks, only on-the-rocks)....they have 3 kinds of salsa, a "spicy" roasted tomato, a peanut and tomatillo (which tasted like peanut butter - not good) and a mild red sauce which was pretty good -- they don't give free chips and salsa like most Mexican places do. We tried a few appetizers and they were all pretty good (chips and guacamole mousse, some kind of mushroom thing).

We were the only 2 people in the place at 5:30 on a Thursday, but it was packed the previous weekend when we drove by. We liked it enough that we will go back and try it again...

I have to also add, their air conditioning duct work sounded like it was falling from the ceiling each time the air turned on -- the entire wait staff jumped every time it cycled on, we ducked a couple times ourselves...

• 6 months later...

I walk to the area now to Boheme, Fairview and although it's not dead by any means I think MWD will really bring the area to life. The entire area all the way up Taft will see more restaurants, bars and activity in the next couple years IMO.

I hear you and would probably call myself out if I saw a post like that I'm just excited to be buying a house on this side of Midtown and all the new development around.

i don't really think you're off base, though... adding a max's will def bring a spotlight of sorts to that area. people love them their max's. i actually like max's but haven't been in years bc i can't stand washington. i will def consider going to this one. parking there is going to be an even bigger delicate flower, though. luckily my friends place is walking distance.

I also am lucky enough to walk to this area. Parking? Maybe they can share the current parking spaces? Hopefully they won't tear down one of the existing houses to make a new lot.

I like the idea of something new going in-- instead of the empty space.

Now if someone would only cleanup and put something fabulous into the old Late Nite Pie space----sigh

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Hyde Park Supermarket Closing?
  • The title was changed to Hyde Park Supermarket At 214 Fairview St.

Archived