GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

yall notice the new website?

http://www.houstonpavilions.com/

I like how all the entertainment venues are on the third floor.

Also, I was surprised to see Qatar Airlines as a tenant.

Friday and Saturday should have their own schedule. Like open an hour later or something.

And lets get a good shoe store in there. A place that would sell the type of shoe in my signature ;).

I thought this thing was supposed to be open on Oct 8th. And the signage hasn't been installed yet. Does anyone know if the video screens that are going up, are they supposed to be motion screens or still screens?

Anyway. i'm tired of waiting.

I thought this thing was supposed to be open on Oct 8th. And the signage hasn't been installed yet. Does anyone know if the video screens that are going up, are they supposed to be motion screens or still screens?

Anyway. i'm tired of waiting.

It was supposed to open Oct. 8th... they are 2 weeks behind due to Hurricane Ike... so now they are saying the end of October.

Most of the Retail space on the 2nd floor is empty, which is shocking. I think the retail orgs are waiting to see how this thing pans out. I can tell you that when I worked at Foleys as an assistant buyer. The DTN Foley's was a mid-tier store that did well. This area has nothing but upside and if retailers were smart they would open up in their sooner rather than later. The foot traffic will be there with the restaurants that are opening up within the location. It is a different genre. Most of the eating establishments downtown are not mid-tier casual dining. You either have the high end $40 dollar per plate or you have the park shops and the tunnel restaurants which is primarily fast casual. You are missing the McCormick and Schmicks, good mexican restaurants and others, which with a strong lunch menu at the 10-15 dollar range will get a significant amount of traffic.

I love it: the world economy is circling the drain, the banks are being nationalized, and people are upset the jumbotrons are not installed.

Want some bread to go with that circus?

it's complaining within context. I'm okay with it.

People all over the world are starving and unjustly dying every day. Doesn't stop us from complaining during financial good times.

I love it: the world economy is circling the drain, the banks are being nationalized, and people are upset the jumbotrons are not installed.

Want some bread to go with that circus?

it's complaining within context. I'm okay with it.

People all over the world are starving and unjustly dying every day. Doesn't stop us from complaining during financial good times.

not wanting to go OT too much, I think there have been several posters (including myself) who partake in fairly hedonistic ventures/hobbies that other people simply can't enjoy. :)

I've been waiting for the jumbotron as well. Drove by it last night and it looks great! There were more than a few people milling around it for a look.

what will HOB become when it shuts its doors in a year or two

can we discuss that here or should I start a new thread

it is amazing for all the people that complain on this forum about chain food they think nothing of drooling over chain entertainment especially at stupid prices

HOB is a joke and destined to go the way of planet hollywierd in short order

and really 125 pages for a shopping mall in downtown :lol:

and the HPs website seems to be down right now....not a good start :rolleyes:

it is amazing for all the people that complain on this forum about chain food they think nothing of drooling over chain entertainment especially at stupid prices

HOB is a joke and destined to go the way of planet hollywierd in short order

and really 125 pages for a shopping mall in downtown :lol:

and the HPs website seems to be down right now....not a good start :rolleyes:

Does it really matter what the venue is? It's the guest that's important, at least I thought so. Don't get me wrong, I'd see a show at the gorge over any other venue anytime. But most people don't have that option.

And maybe it's down b/c too much traffic? hehe

I'm still somewhat ambivalent at this point. I mean, yes, the grand opening for the project is next Thursday (10/16)... but businesses will supposedly be opening into January. That said, I still plan to walk through that day or in the days following the first events.

I'd wait till February or a bit later to take an objective look at the place, but that's just me. B)

It may officially open 10/16 but Spring is more realistic for a true picture of what this will become. I walked around a few minutes ago and it is really cool. I think when they light up those circular skywalks, that will be really spectacular. I am far more optimistic about HP because HOB and Lucky Strike will be two venues that draw people in. Of course the restaurants are going to be great as well and we all know downtown needs a real nice bookstore.

Actually, HOB has a lot of shows at very reasonable prices... matisyahu and blues traveler starting at $25, bob schneider at $18.50. But you are going to pay if you wanna see Jay-Z, BB King, etc... which is expected I think.

I think HOB will be fine. The 20 restaurants... I'm not sure.

Also just FYI, if you look at the commercial/office brochure on the site, it has a few more places plugged into the layout (a bank, T-mobile, etc)

As I've said time and again, I'm not worried about it. It will give downtown convention goers an option for entertainment within walking distance to the various hotels.

While I am disappointed that they cut down some of the plans, I was especially bummed they cut out the hotel portion. That would have added a whole new dimension to the area.

As I've said time and again, I'm not worried about it. It will give downtown convention goers an option for entertainment within walking distance to the various hotels.

While I am disappointed that they cut down some of the plans, I was especially bummed they cut out the hotel portion. That would have added a whole new dimension to the area.

In a way, Houston alread has that setup over in the Galleria. The hotels will come, they'll just be nearer to Discovery Green and the convention center where they should be.

I have no doubt that HP will be successful, just like Discovery Green has been a wild success. Downtown has broadened its offerrings to both Houstonians and visitors alike, and that's something to be proud of.

What I'm hoping for is that HP will spur some healthy competition with the existing retail in downtown to expand their operating hours. If Houston Center were willing to expand into the 9pm-10pm range with retail, downtown will really be in the game with entertainment and retail.

Just think, along with the theater district and sports venues, we've now got a world-class city park, another great entertainment venue in HOB, a decent commercial bookstore, wealth of new restaurants, and even an upscale bowling alley all in downtown. Man, we better not squint or we'll think we're in SAN ANTONIO ;)

Edited by totheskies

Does it really matter what the venue is? It's the guest that's important, at least I thought so. Don't get me wrong, I'd see a show at the gorge over any other venue anytime. But most people don't have that option.

And maybe it's down b/c too much traffic? hehe

I agree that the venue name really should really not matter, but lets be honest if the HOB in HP was called "Club" there would not be near the discussion about it, when it is opening, or who will play there much less the decorations and architecture of it. So it seems to me that sadly many in this forum have bought right into it

and really it should not be called HOB because the first acts are gangsta rappas and comedians, but again if it was called "club" and they were charging 200 to see a tired gangsta rappa and have the joy of getting in the cross fire of some athlete and his possie most on here would be laughing how a place called "club" thought they would ever get anyone to pay those prices for some fools to spray you with champagne....fortunately there are some intelligent people in this forum that so see through it....but not enough

I wasn't really compliaining about the jumbotrons not being installed, I was just trying to ask if anyone knew if they were supopsed to be MOTIONLESS screens or MOTION screens like in Dallas.

If they're MOTIONLESS like the ones on the Toyota Center and Hobby Center, then I'm not that excited! -_-

Edited by tierwestah

I agree that the venue name really should really not matter, but lets be honest if the HOB in HP was called "Club" there would not be near the discussion about it, when it is opening, or who will play there much less the decorations and architecture of it. So it seems to me that sadly many in this forum have bought right into it

and really it should not be called HOB because the first acts are gangsta rappas and comedians, but again if it was called "club" and they were charging 200 to see a tired gangsta rappa and have the joy of getting in the cross fire of some athlete and his possie most on here would be laughing how a place called "club" thought they would ever get anyone to pay those prices for some fools to spray you with champagne....fortunately there are some intelligent people in this forum that so see through it....but not enough

this post in inanely moronic, and i'm not even going to waste my time explaining to you why.

but kudos, nonetheless.

this post in inanely moronic, and i'm not even going to waste my time explaining to you why.

but kudos, nonetheless.

when people like you make a post like this the reality is they can't back up there reasons....not that they refuse to

and then they expect a few fools to blindly buy into it....if you were really not going to waste your time you would have not even posted....but you can't resist going for the support of the blind followers of hype and so you had to make at least some form of post even if it was a failure

nice try....you have the support of a few total idiots and that is about it....but that is really all you deserve

the HOB is nothing but a planet hollywierd and a hard rock cafe.....fluff and nothing more...it is the chain restaurant of entertainment and when its trend fades so will you and its supporters

I did not realize that the blind trend followers and the fans of champagne sprayers and athletes posses were so easily offended

Edited by TexasVines

glad to see that we are all cooperating here and hoping that HP will be a success

btw, TexasVines I'm not going against you here or trying to start an argument

but what is the purpose of your posting here(in the HP topic)

to open ppls eyes and making them realize that HP isn't what they think it is?

hmm?

the HOB is nothing but a planet hollywierd and a hard rock cafe.....fluff and nothing more...it is the chain restaurant of entertainment and when its trend fades so will you and its supporters

House of Blues is a music venue, Planet Hard Rock are restaurants with memorabilia.

House of Blues is a music venue, Planet Hard Rock are restaurants with memorabilia.

But they're part of a wave of commerce that's replacing real things with pretend things. HoB isn't a music venue, it's a music venue themed amusement park ride. Houston has lots of music venues with genuine funk on them. Why do we need pre-fab funk?

I don't see the big deal. Why do people think it's so cool to be non-commercial? So what if it's popular? They bring acts that many people want to see. That doesn't make it bad.

When it comes down to it, when you're sitting or standing in the venue, all that matters is the music. Listening to it in a crappy warehouse doesn't make it any cooler or genuine.

But they're part of a wave of commerce that's replacing real things with pretend things. HoB isn't a music venue, it's a music venue themed amusement park ride. Houston has lots of music venues with genuine funk on them. Why do we need pre-fab funk?

If I go there and see a chuck-e-cheese robot band dressed up like The Clash, I'll probably agree with you. If I go there and see a real live band that I know and like, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.