Tropical Storm Dolly - 2008

editor

Keep a few weeks of beans, chili, whatever in the pantry and eat it before it ages out.
Mix that chili with the beans, then throw in the whatever, and you have a wonderful, traditional Texas dish! :lol:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Rio Grande is so lame it doesn't even reach the Gulf.

Perhaps they should rename the river 'The Rio Debil' or 'The Rio Diminuto'.

Maybe this little hurricane will help...though I doubt it. :huh:

I believe it has been reopened...at least satellite images suggest so.

according to the weather.com radar, it looks like we should get a really good rain later today. It sure was nice slowly coming out of my sleep to the sound of rain drops oustide the window this morning

according to the weather.com radar, it looks like we should get a really good rain later today. It sure was nice slowly coming out of my sleep to the sound of rain drops oustide the window this morning

I have yet to see any rain. It did so for about 10 minutes yesterday and now it is back to dry as a bone.

It's such a drag when you miss all of the excitment. I was in SoCal when Alicia hit in 83? had to see in papers & news, blah. Wonder what they call these storms where you are? Best hold down that kilty when those gusts start to blowing. :)

Well I just asked my friends what they call them... all of them answered "****ing pests"! ^_^ They do get them when they cross the atlantic and built strength, but not in a circular motion.

I'm an incredibly sound sleeper, and even that thunderstorm woke me up. It was awesome. :)

It's random for me. Sometimes the soft beeping of a text message in the middle of the night will wake me up but the smoke alarm going off the other night in my room didnt't affect me at all. I missed the drama of this morning's storm as well. Was it bad in the Woodlands area, too? Maybe that's why.

It must have skipped north Houston and only hit further north or south. It was a little wet out this morning, but certainly didn't hear thunder or see any torrential rains.

Yeah.. as far as huricanes go.. this one's pretty lame! ;)

I guess I should water the lawn tonight..

Yeah.. as far as huricanes go.. this one's pretty lame! ;)

I guess I should water the lawn tonight..

Well considering it didn't hit Houston of course it felt lame... go down to Brownsville or South Padre Island and it won't seem so lame. :rolleyes:

Brownsville has been assaulted with hurricane force winds since early this morning, and the storm shows no signs of moving out just yet, so it ain't over 'til it's over for them. Add to that all the rain they have endured, and you have for some pretty horrible conditions.

Brownsville has been assaulted with hurricane force winds since early this morning, and the storm shows no signs of moving out just yet, so it ain't over 'til it's over for them. Add to that all the rain they have endured, and you have for some pretty horrible conditions.

Brownsville actually lucked out... they got hit and continue to get hit hard, but the worst of it went just north of them... by like 10 to 15 miles. Harlingen is getting hit really hard now w/ very very heavy rains and strong winds. Looks like McAllen is in for a rough couple of hours.

What a complete bust. More rain would have been nice.

There we go... There's that one screwball model! Watch out Amarillo! Tulsa - you could be next!

Yes... the LBAR is a very poor dynamic model... best not to even use this model w/ tropical systems... not sure why they have it up there. <_<

Archived