Tropical Storm Dolly - 2008

editor

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The storm is forecast to push into northern Mexico of possibly Deep South Texas. What Houston needs to watch out for is if it slows down it could turn to the northwest a bit earlier, possibly bringing the storm further north towards Houston. Even if the center passes south of Houston we could still see come good rains and wind... of course that's only if it turns earlier. Right now everything is pointing to northern Mexico / Brownsville.

Dolly is heading for Bastrop, so y'all just leave her alone. We need rain so badly that we'll take a tropical storm, or even a hurricane just to get a good downpour.

Cat 5 hurricane party!!! Wooowooooo!! B)

The 12Z (7am) model runs are shifting slightly towards the north... most tracks now taking it anywhere from northern Mexico to Corpus (more models this time taking it towards Corpus than in the last model runs). The further north it goes the better chance we have in Houston of seeing some rain and squalls.

I noticed driving into work this morning the traffic signs asking everyone to keep their tanks full. Can't I just get through my Monday first. . . :P

The further north it goes the better chance we have in Houston of seeing some rain and squalls.

Something of this comment hints that you are not a homeowner.

Am I sensing that you want Houston to be nailed by a storm? :wacko:

I noticed driving into work this morning the traffic signs asking everyone to keep their tanks full. Can't I just get through my Monday first. . . :P

Something of this comment hints that you are not a homeowner.

Am I sensing that you want Houston to be nailed by a storm? :wacko:

Actually I own 3 homes in Houston... so I would prefer we not take a direct hit. I am a Meteorologist, though... so I do get a little excited. :-) A little rain and a bit of wind would be nice.

As WxBoy can tell you, and as many long-time Gulf Coasters can attest to, hurricanes (and tropical storms) can be deceiving. What may seem gargantuan may end up in a whimper, and a little squeak can become a mighty roar.

Take that innocuous little system that formed just offshore and meandered around the Houston area for over a week back in June of

Not going to happen and no please don't come here. It's becoming a huge storm, and easily fills 1/4 to 1/3 of the GOM.

Is this your first storm? If so, Relax.

Get worried once it gets to be at least a 3 and it lands SOUTH of galveston. This isn't my first rodeo, so I'm not going to worry about it and just start gathering water.

I'm evacuating before gasoline reaches $4.00 per gallon, that is unless a major crane collapses on top of me.

Maybe we could launch some missiles at it, nah, that would only run the price of oil up even more.

All this speculation on were this storm is going has got me dizzy.

Maybe I should become a crude oil trader!

Um, hurricane damage in Bastrop?
A number of years ago, I stopped in Chapel Hill to see what was there. One of the stops (as though there are all that many attractions there) was an old church. When I asked how old it was, the docent told me it was built in 1900

To bad George Carlin is no longer with us, he could have done awesomely funny monologue on "THE CONE OF UNCERTAINTY"!!!!! I mean how sinister is that??? I bust out laughing everytime I hear it on the news weather updates..... :rolleyes:

In the 1950's a hurricane killed 81 people in Toronto. Nobody is safe from Mother Nature.

Very true.

Ever notice when a storn is brewing out there far away, that inland it's clear, sunny and extremely hot. A real false sense of security. :(

I'm glad I have some plywood ready for boarding up all I need to do is stock pile on the brewskies. Not jumping on no freeway and getting stuck in a major traffic jam.

At least when they pull me out of the rubble (home) they will know who I am. Imagine being out of gas in the middle of nowhere and the storm is right behind you? We are still not prepared for a major evacuation. Nope, nope no sirree.

The storm is forecast to push into northern Mexico of possibly Deep South Texas. What Houston needs to watch out for is if it slows down it could turn to the northwest a bit earlier, possibly bringing the storm further north towards Houston. Even if the center passes south of Houston we could still see come good rains and wind... of course that's only if it turns earlier. Right now everything is pointing to northern Mexico / Brownsville.

Not hoping for a full-blown hurricane but we could use the rain. My grass is YELLOW!

And I am too cheap to water.

Archived