Tropical Storm Dolly - 2008

editor

It seems like every time I look at the radar, the loop and just south of it is getting poured on. The north got some, but not much.

Is it me or does it look like it has suddenly slowed to a snails pace? It's just hovering over the bottom tip of the state.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it me or does it look like it has suddenly slowed to a snails pace? It's just hovering over the bottom tip of the state.

It looks to me like it has stalled out some. Uh Oh. That's what Allison did.

Since we're on the subject of hurricanes, I'm reading a book that is the definititive book on Katrina and New Orleans, it's called Breach of Faith by Jed Horne. He's a Times Picayune reporter who was there for most of the storm and the aftermath. In a world of bloggers who mistake themselves for writers, and tv news anchors thinking they're journalists, this is just great feature writing writ large, with the appropriate amount of commentary. Good reading I recommend to anyone who lives on the gulf coast-- as a cautionary tale if nothing else.

Finally we are getting some rain. OR should I say GOT some rain. The ground is still semi-moist.

That was some rain today.... poured in the Heights... LOVE a nice rainy day like that! The only part that sucked was when we lost power for an hour or so... I guess the trees or something were hitting the transformers... heard them blow at least 4 times during the morning and afternoon before the power went out for good.

• 4 weeks later...

Where's a camera when you need it? and this is real.

There is a building on Seawall Blvd that seems abandoned once was a store or restaurant. Just above the entrance is a big lettering that says....

HUNKER DOWN

I almost crashed into the next car when I saw it.

Wonder if F Billingsley put someone up to it just to taunt Haif folk? :blink:

• The title was changed to Tropical Storm Dolly - 2008

Archived