Travis Center: 2900 Travis St.

midtownuser

Just to keep you guys informed. We received notice today that our Exterior Rendering will begin next week Aug. 31st. We are crossing our fingers. Its been a LONG wait!

The renovations will start next week?

If that's true, then this is great news. The southwest corridor of Midtown has really been overhauled over the last 12-18 months.

The renovations will start next week?

If that's true, then this is great news. The southwest corridor of Midtown has really been overhauled over the last 12-18 months.

This is technically a couple of blocks from the center of Midtown... and yes, with the all of the development occurring at the Mix, Camden, the area around Crave...etc, it's nice to see things starting to work their way beyond the NW corner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This is great news. I have to say there has been a lot going in Midtown... Many places since last year have closed and many places (better IMO) have opened up in their place

- CityPlace is making a huge difference in density (and adding much needed sidewalks at Bagby and McGowen).

- New retail opened up next to Coffee Groundz and there is work going on in the other empty space next to Coffee Groundz (maybe more retail)

- Barcadia next to Reef is excellent, nice outdoor seating

- New Martini Bar going in on West Gray under Post Midtown, which is across from the new Cafe Layal

- Farrago's started putting seating outside and it is has been filling up (they may do this every year at this time of the year but not sure)

- Cheerz has been doing very well and is just a lot better than open city was

-Deco was replaced by FWD (or something of the sort)

- New Yogurt place opened up next to the sushi place under 24 hour fitness

- Ruby Tequila's is always going strong and is farily new...

ALSO, west gray towards taft has been opening up some new places as well (and remodeling) - Junction and another BBQ place that is more on the way to bagby opened up too

- Hopefully west gray from bagby to taft (and i guess montrose) continues to densify fairly quickly and help out the midtown area

Oh snap, not to mention the Shops at Main, loving this area.

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 1

Yes, Piola is a pizza place in the Mix where the pizza is Italian style... not NYC or Chicago style.  I was there last night and the food is good.

Tried it last night. Really good pizza. Kind of like Grimaldi's, coal fired oven with thin crust and fresh ingredients but more variety and only one size (12").  It's now my second favorite pizza behind Grimaldi's. 

• The title was changed to Crave Sushi Catering And Delivery At 2900 Travis St.
  • 3 months later...

Mods @Urbannizer @Triton please consider changing the title of the topic to Travis Center - 2900 Travis St. It would be helpful if and when there are changes to the property. In doing so, there will be a central topic for others to post updates about this specific property.

Travis Center is a strip center with multiple units. And Crave Sushi hasn't been operational in Suite A for years. Cali Sandwich & Pho replaced it.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

• The title was changed to Travis Center: Retail Center At 2900 Travis St.

Below are posts about 2900 Travis St from the Midtown Restaurant And Bar Scene - More Coming topic.

The posts pertain to Malai  / Malai Thai Street Eats. The restaurant is located in the retail center named Travis Center. Malai replaced Tejas Tito's Tacos at 2900 Travis St, Suite B.

On 7/25/2023 at 11:07 PM, hindesky said:

Malai Thai Street Eats coming to 2900 Travis St. B. It's going to be next to Cali Sandwich and Pho. Picked up a banh mi today from there. One of the owners said that he has seen workers at the spot right next to him. He also said there have been about 4 restaurants that didn't last long and the location might be jinxed. Cali draws a large crowd and parking is hard to come by during lunch, another food place is going to tough to find parking.

https://www.instagram.com/malaithaistreetfoodhull/?hl=en

jpPYakB.png

cd3XYv4.png

On 7/26/2023 at 5:04 PM, mkultra25 said:

So how did the banh mi compare to Cali's?

On 7/26/2023 at 9:09 PM, hindesky said:

I got the banh mi from Cali, they have been my go to since Les Givral's closed. The Cali combination is really good.

On 7/27/2023 at 6:52 PM, mkultra25 said:

Ah, OK. I read that too quickly and thought you were talking about the other place (that obviously hasn't opened yet). 

When I used to work downtown, Cali was the preferred go-to whenever anyone in the office was in the mood for a banh mi, but I haven't been there in quite a while. Good to know they're still a benchmark. 

On 8/17/2023 at 1:59 AM, hindesky said:

Sign permit for Malai Thai Street Eats.

Uv7JtEp.png

On 8/17/2023 at 5:20 PM, hindesky said:

Temporary sign, soft opening. RKbguDD.jpg

On 9/19/2023 at 1:15 PM, hindesky said:

gowaBV1.jpg

On 9/21/2023 at 7:10 PM, hindesky said:

Malai Thai Street Eats menu. Ytl9h8Y.jpg

46My7jO.jpg

7vCeh10.jpg

2wfqUOc.jpg

Taiga closed several months ago. It was a Lebanese / Mediterranean restaurant, lounge, and club. Taiga was located in the Travis Center at 2900 Travis St, Suite A. Previously, a nightclub called Set occupied the space.

Taking over Taiga's former space is a new restaurant and club. The name of the establishment is Lov3 / Lov3 Restaurant & Lounge. 

According to an entity filing, Derwin James Jr. of the Los Angeles Chargers football team is involved with Lov3 in some capacity.

I don't know anything about Lov3. If any of you have further insight you'd like to share, feel free to do so.

In the meantime, Lov3 is on Instagram for anyone who may want to follow for updates.

https://www.instagram.com/lov3houston

• The title was changed to Travis Center: 2900 Travis St.
  • 1 month later...
On 11/8/2023 at 5:12 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Taking over Taiga's former space is a new restaurant and club. The name of the establishment is Lov3 / Lov3 Restaurant & Lounge. 

According to an entity filing, Derwin James Jr. of the Los Angeles Chargers football team is involved with Lov3 in some capacity.

I don't know anything about Lov3. If any of you have further insight you'd like to share, feel free to do so.

In the meantime, Lov3 is on Instagram for anyone who may want to follow for updates.

https://www.instagram.com/lov3houston

Several permits were filed yesterday for 2900 Travis St, Suite A:

• One story occupancy permit
  • Certificate of occupancy permit

Details from the permits:

• Use: Occupancy report/ restaurant / 5,310 sq ft
  • FCC Group: : Non-residential alteration

As noted in November, a restaurant and lounge called Lov3 (or Lov 3) is leasing the unit. It joins Cali Sandwich & Pho and Malai at Travis Center.

One story occupancy permit

aZLPRTX.png

Certificate of occupancy permit

m5lmuIt.png