Travis Center: 2900 Travis St.

midtownuser

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

Just a little update, We are about 3-4 weeks out from opening our doors.

I know, I know... things keep getting pushed back a little here and there.

But don't worry! We are opening eventually!

Things are starting to come together.. and they're coming together quickly!

BTW, at this time, we NEED experienced Line Cooks and Dishwashers/Bussers.

So if you or if you know anyone that is interested... Please submit resumes to john@wecravesushi.com

Thanks again guys! See ya soon!! B)

Also, check out our b4-u-eat.com profile page!

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/profile.asp?r=5742

Edited by CraveSushi

does that mean you will be open on the night of new year's eve?

I really really hope so!! haha

We're not sure what to do about New Years yet if we are open.

We're trying to decide if we should just do business as usual or...

maybe do like a private party where theirs an open bar, selected all-you-can-eat sushi bar and maybe do a cover along with it. It's hard to say what will make it a successful New Years. I would invite people on here for pre-sale tickets or whatever...idk

What would most midtowners agree with? Any suggestions??

We gotta keep it mind it is a 'restaurant' not a club...

so I and the other owners may do like the private party thing we wanted from say 9pm-1am then open for business as usual for after hours til 4am. We don't know. haha what do you think??

I really really hope so!! haha

We're not sure what to do about New Years yet if we are open.

We're trying to decide if we should just do business as usual or...

maybe do like a private party where theirs an open bar, selected all-you-can-eat sushi bar and maybe do a cover along with it. It's hard to say what will make it a successful New Years. I would invite people on here for pre-sale tickets or whatever...idk

What would most midtowners agree with? Any suggestions??

We gotta keep it mind it is a 'restaurant' not a club...

so I and the other owners may do like the private party thing we wanted from say 9pm-1am then open for business as usual for after hours til 4am. We don't know. haha what do you think??

Don't you think 4am is a little early to close on NYE? most people will be leaving the clubs around that time.

Hey guys,

Sorry If I haven't been on here lately. Been real busy with trying to get the place open.

Their have been some delays but nothing drastic. So we have to push back the opening to January 2009.

The website was down temporarily because we updated the site and switched to a better and faster server.

The website is still in the beta phase. Theirs still many updates to the website that need to be done.

As far as the exterior rendering, that was just a teaser and it may or may not happen, it's not our call, we can only hope it will.

Either way, we will still open for business in January 09!

Edited by CraveSushi

What's going on guys,

So here's what we've been working diligently on.. Any day now!

Great job! I will be visiting for sure.... I am a regular visitor to the area and have found myself many times around 2-4a.m. looking for a place to eat.

Very nice looking on the inside. My wife and I can walk to your place from our house (I walk to Cali Sandwich all the time)...so I just now need to convince her to like Sushi :wacko:

Heh. Start her off easy with hand rolls and other non-threatening items, just so she can get the gist of the flavors. Then start working your way into actual sushi (again, the easy stuff like ebi) and move up from there. That's what I had to do with my husband. :)

Also, for the rest of the thread, an article this morning on Crave at the Houston Press food blog:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating/2009/...eak_preview.php

I'm not sure how many late-night restaurants could survive without bar traffic. Typical Houston Press garbage.

Agreed, 100%. I'm just hoping that the majority of the clientele isn't the same clientele that frequents places like Pub Fiction. If the folks from Leon's for example, or the Continental Club or Big Top make it over to Crave, on the other hand, that would be awesome. I'm an elitist asshole like that. :)

fair enough.

i didn't realize you had written that blog post when I made my post so sorry about the garbage comment.

I found the rest of the story to be quite enlightening :)

Doesn't bother me one bit! No apologies necessary. I'd rather hear what people really think any day of the week. :)

Agreed, 100%. I'm just hoping that the majority of the clientele isn't the same clientele that frequents places like Pub Fiction. If the folks from Leon's for example, or the Continental Club or Big Top make it over to Crave, on the other hand, that would be awesome. I'm an elitist asshole like that. :)

IMO the interior looks more Pub Fiction-esque, though. :/ Not that its a bad thing, but it might draw that crowd heavily. Well, I'll always have Late Nite Pie! :lol:

Edit: And heeeey, take back that Drakkar comment!

Edited by kylejack