Edge Condominiums At 311 Pierce St.

YakuzaIce

• 2 weeks later...

Why not just call it South Central.

How stupid can they be.

Midtown already has name recognition so much so that a new development going up in the Eastside of downtown is being marketed as Midtown.

I think it is kind deceptive because the neighborhood nearest to the development is the old Chinatown. Albeit, the development is in the middle of an old industrial complex so the area is lacking an identity.

Oh and this project is a great addition to the area. when is the ground breaking?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just to give you guys a heads up. They have started construction on the road by The Edge to add pavers, a sidewalk, and other stuff. Once they are done they will start construction on the building itself.

Even though this sounds like good news, I did find a flyer for the complex with the words SoDo in them instead of Midtown. I bought a unit at the Edge and personally do not care about the new name. I was indifferent as to whether it was Midtown or SoDo. Anyhow it seemed a lot of you did care the first time I mentioned it, so I wanted to give an update that it seems they have in fact gone forward with the new name. If I was more tech savy I would have added the picture, but instead here is the link to the flyer.

http://allisonspear.com/pdf/cover%20page.pdf

Just to give you guys a heads up. They have started construction on the road by The Edge to add pavers, a sidewalk, and other stuff. Once they are done they will start construction on the building itself.

Even though this sounds like good news, I did find a flyer for the complex with the words SoDo in them instead of Midtown. I bought a unit at the Edge and personally do not care about the new name. I was indifferent as to whether it was Midtown or SoDo. Anyhow it seemed a lot of you did care the first time I mentioned it, so I wanted to give an update that it seems they have in fact gone forward with the new name. If I was more tech savy I would have added the picture, but instead here is the link to the flyer.

http://allisonspear.com/pdf/cover%20page.pdf

A quick look at a map shows this location is not even South of Downtown. It is West. I suppose that little tidbit is not important either. Midtown itself is SouthWest of Downtown, though the skewed street grid of Downtown and Midtown allows one to imagine Midtown as South of Downtown...which is appropriate, since SoDo is an imaginery trendy name.

Thanks for the link and the laugh, Edge101.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Where exactly is this complex going to sit? When I type 300 St Joseph Parkway into the map, it is directly underneath the Pierce Elevated. Is this going to be on a triangular piece of land just west of the Pierce, or will it be on the East side of the Pierce Elevated? How will they control noise from the freeway? Not sure I'd want to plunk down hundreds of thousands of dollars for a place that is eye level with that hideous concrete neighborhood destroyer that we call the Pierce Elevated.

Where exactly is this complex going to sit? When I type 300 St Joseph Parkway into the map, it is directly underneath the Pierce Elevated. Is this going to be on a triangular piece of land just west of the Pierce, or will it be on the East side of the Pierce Elevated? How will they control noise from the freeway? Not sure I'd want to plunk down hundreds of thousands of dollars for a place that is eye level with that hideous concrete neighborhood destroyer that we call the Pierce Elevated.

The rendering doesn't sugar coat at all. It looks lke it butts I-45 at the end of the project.

aa38iu.jpg

But it sits right next door to the Post Property to the north. CAn someone tell me if I am exaggerating this, but Post Midtown should be right across the street as shown in this rendering right?

Edited by WesternGulf

A block west of the Pierce Elevated. It doesn't directly back up onto the freeway.

It appears to be on the triangluar piece of land just north of Post Property. It would abut the side road that goes alongside the freeway and turns into Bagby. I drove by recently and noticed the land being cleared.

• 1 month later...

The mystery is solved...

The developers are actually BUILDING St Joseph's Parkway to run down the middle of the block! It currently doesn't exist but it soon will. The street has been paved over the last month or so. Also, the block is directly across the street from the Rise ( the artist's Lofts formerly known as Post Midtown Square).

So now the sign is saying that it's coming in 2007????

LOL. This project is toast. Not gonna happen.

As much as I love midtown, the area hasn't evolved to the point where a $300,000 condo (a glorified apartment, basically) is worth it.

I agree that it's hard to see spending $200,000 for a one bedroom, stick construction condo but they are selling. We visited The Vistas recently and the sales office was crowded with buyers. Other projects on Jackson Hill and the Waugh/West Gray area are selling very well too.

As my dear old dad was fond of saying, it's worth what you can get for it.

Other projects on Jackson Hill and the Waugh/West Gray area are selling very well too.

Are the Jackson Hill ones really selling or do they just have "sold" signs in front? Or is the developer merely saying that they are selling? I don't really believe that all of the units that have "sold" signs on them are really sold...Its like the guy who owns a business, and it is barely successful, but if he opens up another business, it gives the image of success, and suddenly, he starts making money. So the units may not really be sold, but the developer says they are just so he can make the development look attractive to other buyers....

• 2 months later...
Are the Jackson Hill ones really selling or do they just have "sold" signs in front? Or is the developer merely saying that they are selling? I don't really believe that all of the units that have "sold" signs on them are really sold...Its like the guy who owns a business, and it is barely successful, but if he opens up another business, it gives the image of success, and suddenly, he starts making money. So the units may not really be sold, but the developer says they are just so he can make the development look attractive to other buyers....

I had a "reserve" on a unit at The Vistas - which meant I put a deposit down and then was waiting until construction was finished - the builder listed the unit as sold.....since construction took a year longer than they told me when I "bought" my unit - I cancelled....so when they say the units are sold while they are being built - it means someone has put down a deposit - I dont know how many actually go to contract though...

• 3 weeks later...
I'm confused. They want to keep Midtown just make it SoDo Midtown, along with SoDo and SoDo Houston? :huh: They really have the boundaries super-defined. Cross the street and you're in a different Do all together. These control freaks need to be stopped.

How about "SoDo Mojo"? It worked for the Seattle Mariners a few years ago, and they aren't using it anymore....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest danax

This one's moving along, visible along 45 where it becomes the Pierce Elevated.

I'm liking the design. The turrets are unique.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I cannot believe that the designers of this condo thought it would be a good idea to place the Edge name (in its especially ugly type face) right smack dab at the top of the building. It makes the building look more like an office complex than a residential building.