PNC Plaza At 2200 Post Oak Blvd. & Mixed-Use At 2120 Post Oak Blvd.

lockmat

It will be great to have the west side of the boulevard fill in if and when this site and the Apache site get developed. The only other major parcel will be the 2 story apartment complex next to Uptown Park that was a condominium  bought out by a developer a few economic cycles ago.  The building the corner of Westheimer and Post Oak could you a redo. It's odd that the east side is still a hodge lodge of an empty lot,  strip malls, small retail and a few high rises , while the west side has been pretty much redeveloped.  

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 9:44 PM, Urbannizer said:

Sounds like a new proposal is rumored to be on the table. 

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9477815&postcount=12376

Completely awesome if true. I was down there recently and thought it odd that little piece of land still sat undeveloped. I’m guessing we should be hearing about plans for the sute soon-ish, then? Like 2022?

• The title was changed to PNC Plaza/The Perennial/Loews Hotel And Office Tower
3 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Anyone banking with BBVA/PNC? I hear the merger is not going well for their customers 

I banked with BBVA now PNC. What have you heard? The only issue I have is the long wait times when calling in for phone banking. However, that was an issue prior to the merger. 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 12:45 PM, Urbannizer said:

Anyone banking with BBVA/PNC? I hear the merger is not going well for their customers 

I am the office manager for a company that banks with PNC...the merger was an absolute mess for sure at first...the owner here had lots of issues with moving over both the personal and business accounts and their online services weren't updated for the longest while but after about 2 weeks i think things got better...

at least i haven't heard him cuss in his office about it lately 🤪

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to PNC Plaza & 2120 Post Oak Blvd Mixed-Use
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MaxConcrete said:

Rendering in HBJ

hbjpage01*2500xx3257-1832-72-0.png

^^^ from the looks of it, this particular prospective edifice is one BIG 1980'S BLAH!  i have decided that i shall await DEISO MOSS to hurry up and inject their badly needed "EXCITEMENT INTO UPTOWN HOUSTON"...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, monarch said:

^^^ from the looks of it, this particular prospective edifice is one BIG 1980'S BLAH!  i have decided that i shall await DEISO MOSS to hurry up and inject their badly needed "EXCITEMENT INTO UPTOWN HOUSTON"...

I respectfully disagree with you. I think this is a big 1990's blah.

But it does fit the neighborhood and it is exciting to see stacked three-way mixed use going up in Houston, which puts us right in the 2010's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, gene said:

is it wrong to like this original rendering way more?

cHPU0MX.png

The design in this render is, from a architectural designers perspective, way better. Plus you can't go wrong with black.

1 hour ago, H-Town Man said:

I respectfully disagree with you. I think this is a big 1990's blah.

But it does fit the neighborhood and it is exciting to see stacked three-way mixed use going up in Houston, which puts us right in the 2010's.

The latest render we are seeing is definitely very 1990's-2000's, but as you say, and I agree, very on point for Post Oak Blvd, as unfortunate as it is saying that. My hope is that the trend changes. The new Zadok is actually a really nice building when I drove past it last week. My thoughts are that building will be the new direction soon enough.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gene said:

is it wrong to like this original rendering way more?

cHPU0MX.png

Way better and more crisp, would look killer on Montrose Blvd as an homage to Philip Johnson's University of St. Thomas campus. Just donate the design to Skanska for their Montrose/Westheimer project. It does pay a slight homage to Philip's Post Oak Central buildings next door.

But if we're griping about dated architecture, the shade-providing fins (or whatever they're called, louvers? help me out) on this are dated, considering that sometime in the 1960's they found a way to coat glass so as to accomplish the same effect without blocking tenants' views of the street below. But it is still cool the way a fully-restored late 50's Euro sportscar is cool.

• Like 2

Here's the above-referenced article from HBJ.  https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2022/04/25/office-multifamily-tower-deisomoss.html

Houston developer scores $26.1M loan for office, multifamily tower near Galleria

Apr 25, 2022, 5:52pm CDT

DeisoMoss recently secured a $26.1 million mortgage bridge loan from New York-based Northwind Group to build a 551,905-square-foot tower at 2120 Post Oak Blvd.

Houston-based real estate investment firm DeisoMoss is moving ahead with plans to build a mixed-use tower on a high-profile parcel just north of The Galleria mall.

DeisoMoss recently secured a $26.1 million mortgage bridge loan from New York-based Northwind Group to build a 551,905-square-foot tower at 2120 Post Oak Blvd.

When it is completed, the 43-story building will have 348 multifamily units sitting on top of 100,000 square feet of Class A office space and 25,000 square feet of retail/restaurant space. Adi Chugh, Rich Levin and Christian Hung of New York-based Surya Capital Partners arranged the loan.

Andrew Deiso, co-founder of DeisoMoss, told the Houston Business Journal that both apartment residents and office tenants will have access to an amenity deck that will feature an extra-large fitness center with yoga and cycling rooms, as well as a rooftop pool.

The project is expected to break ground in the second quarter of 2023. DeisoMoss has tapped Houston firms Ziegler Cooper Architects to design the project and Harvey Builders to serve as general contractor.

“Demand for Class A office space near the Galleria has been high for years,” Deiso said. “We’ve already had potential tenants reaching out to express interest in leasing, which is a great sign.”

Additionally, by putting the multifamily portion of the building on top of the office floors, the building will maximize the potential for unobstructed views of the area, said Taylor Moss, who co-founded DeisoMoss with Deiso in 2018.

“We really wanted to bring that live-work-play model to the project,” Moss said. “We wanted to give residents access to everything they could need, right at their fingertips.”

While the project is still in the early stages, Moss said his firm is in talks with several restaurant operators, including some that would be new to Houston, about signing on for space on the ground floor of the building.

The 2-acre property where the mixed-use tower will sit has been the subject of much speculation over the years, with many wondering what a developer would bring to such a sought-after green space in Uptown.

Deiso said he and Moss bought the property from the Tisch family in New York this past November. The Tisch family have long been known as real estate moguls, overseeing the multibillion-dollar Loews Corp. (NYSE: L) holding company.

Deiso declined to comment on the purchase price. However, Harris County Appraisal District records say the property was valued at $11.4 million as of Jan. 1.

“We’ve always known about the property,” Deiso said. “It’s one of the most coveted pieces of land in Houston. We’re thrilled to be bringing something to it that will truly benefit the area.”

In recent years, the Galleria area has been one of the hottest areas of town for multifamily development.

According to a December report by national apartment research site RentCafe, the Uptown/Galleria submarket added 1,989 apartment units over the past five years, ranking it No. 4 among Houston neighborhoods.

Just a few blocks away from 2120 Post Oak Blvd. sits Aspire Post Oak, The Dinerstein Cos.’s 40-story luxury apartment tower at the corner of San Felipe Street and Post Oak Boulevard.

Aspire Post Oak, which won the HBJ’s Landmark Award for multifamily development this year, boasts 383 residential units and 16,800 square feet for future high-end retail and dining. There's 49,700 square feet of amenity space throughout the tower, including a seventh-floor amenity deck with a glass-edge pool and a 1,540-square-foot sky lounge on the 39th floor.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, MaxConcrete said:

Rendering in HBJ

hbjpage01*2500xx3257-1832-72-0.png

Honestly, this looks like a really early design, probably not fully reflective of how the final project will look. I'm willing to give the benefit of a doubt until they show us a more "final" rendering. At least its taller than the old designs. That's a plus.

• Like 4

2nd quarter of 2023 is a full year from now. This thing is likely to be cancelled, put on hold, and eventually value engineered down to a one story mattress firm by the time it actually breaks ground. Bet.

Edited by wxman
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, wxman said:

2nd quarter of 2023 is a full year from now. This thing is likely to be cancelled, put on hold, and eventually value engineered down to a one story mattress firm by the time it actually breaks ground. Bet.

Saints And Sinners Reaction GIF by Bounce

• Like 3

3 hours ago, wxman said:

They would literally be throwing money away with how much this property probably cost to buy and pay taxes on.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, wxman said:

As far as I can tell this DeisoMoss hasn't built anything and doesn't even have a website. 

The loan they secured was a $26.1MM mortgage bridge loan, which is peanuts.

If I were a betting man, I'd go with @wxman

More power to them, of course, if I'm wrong.