Record 75,000 Turn Out to see Obama

Trae

I believe the 3 mentioned there quit last year.

Are you sure?

I don't see any current lobbyists on Obama's staff listed there. CDeb asked why so many lobbyists are (currently) on Obama's staff.

Shapiro isn't on staff. He's an adviser.

Those 3 quit their lobby jobs. Shapiro isn't a "hire". Who are the lobbyists on Obama's staff?

Split hairs as is your specialty. Advisor/staff. Whatever. Then let's call it, "Why is your campaign so influenced by lobbyists?"

Is that accurate enough for you?

Edited by CDeb

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you sure?

Pretty sure. From everything I can find on the internet, they all quit. It could all be lies, though.

Split hairs as is your specialty. Advisor/staff. Whatever. Then let's call it, "Why is your campaign so influenced by lobbyists?"

Is that accurate enough for you?

Yes. :)

KING OF BEERS !!! nuff' said.

So meme, those guys quit Dec. 31st ? Just to be fair to meme, Barry isn't letting any CURRENT lobbyist on his payroll, Barry didn't say ANYTHING about former lobbyist though. Meme..... Hildebrandt, Baker, and Beliveau ? Beliveau will most likely go back to lobbying AFTER the election, at least that is the consensus. I guess you need "Sex" defined for you also ? Here, Obama said to give this to you, it's some more wool for your eyes.

Edited by TJones

TJ, are you REALLY going to try to use the lobbyist angle to attack Obama when McCain has 54 on his staff? That's AFTER 4 more had to quit last week!

I am attacking the "Hypocrisy" of Obama, not who's got him in their pocket.

I am attacking the "Hypocrisy" of Obama, not who's got him in their pocket.

I think the hypocrisy of Obama will be easily eclipsed by the hypocrisy of McCain. From the Keating 5 to his wife's secret tax returns to his John Hagee endorsement (who thinks God sent Hitler to kill the Jews) to his lobbyist staffers working for the Saudis and the Myanmar generals, it will be an interesting summer for Mr. McCain. I hope his temper can handle it.

I think the hypocrisy of Obama will be easily eclipsed by the hypocrisy of McCain. From the Keating 5 to his wife's secret tax returns to his John Hagee endorsement (who thinks God sent Hitler to kill the Jews) to his lobbyist staffers working for the Saudis and the Myanmar generals, it will be an interesting summer for Mr. McCain. I hope his temper can handle it.

Perhaps I'll get lucky then, since McCain is NOT my choice for the party, so you are barking up the wrong tree here, and Ron Paul will come back into the picture.

The young follow him but even the Democratic party is worried if they actually turn out and vote.

Great quote from a 35 year old.

I do, however, enjoy the constant alluding to McCain's status as a grumpy old man (not to mention that of his supporters). Keep calling Obama supporters young, Coog. You'll put him in the White House. :lol:

The young follow him but even the Democratic party is worried if they actually turn out and vote.

The young kids in Texas were big for Ron Paul and he ended up with 65K votes.

Funny, since at my school (and other people my age I know) the vote was for Obama. The "Ron Paul Revolution" was an afterthought...

Edited by Trae

So meme, those guys quit Dec. 31st ? Just to be fair to meme, Barry isn't letting any CURRENT lobbyist on his payroll, Barry didn't say ANYTHING about former lobbyist though. Meme..... Hildebrandt, Baker, and Beliveau ? Beliveau will most likely go back to lobbying AFTER the election, at least that is the consensus. I guess you need "Sex" defined for you also ? Here, Obama said to give this to you, it's some more wool for your eyes.

Thanks for the wool. I'm not holding Obama up as a perfect politician, I just read in the news recently that he made his lobbyists quit last year. Seems like a smart move now, in light of McCain's lobbyists asking for their campaing contributions back.

Perhaps I'll get lucky then, since McCain is NOT my choice for the party, so you are barking up the wrong tree here, and Ron Paul will come back into the picture.

Read some of them Google links about RP's newsletter? Hope he does come back in the picture myself. Sure winner for Obama.

Read some of them Google links about RP's newsletter? Hope he does come back in the picture myself. Sure winner for Obama.

I can understand some concerns you might have, but the reality is that Ron Paul wants to be about America FIRST ! Fix our own problems here FIRST, protect our own borders here FIRST then worry about the rest of the world. How can we possibly help anyone else, when we can't even help our own society's problems ? Ron wants the same America that is my America, I need to know that WE are ok, before I can feel we are strong enough to give out anymore foreign aid. I woudn't mind taking in the weak, the tired, the huddled masses, if they would do it legally. That way we at least have somewhat of an idea and a start as to WHO exactly is in our country. Ron will bring home our troops,and put them to what I think is a better use at this point.

Ok,ok, let me stop before I spontaneously combust !

Edited by TJones

I can understand some concerns you might have, but the reality is that Ron Paul wants to be about America FIRST ! Fix our own problems here FIRST, protect our own borders here FIRST then worry about the rest of the world. How can we possibly help anyone else, when we can't even help our own society's problems ? Ron wants the same America that is my America, I need to know that WE are ok, before I can feel we are strong enough to give out anymore foreign aid. I woudn't mind taking in the weak, the tired, the huddled masses, if they would do it legally. That way we at least have somewhat of an idea and a start as to WHO exactly is in our country. Ron will bring home our troops,and put them to what I think is a better use at this point.

So take care of America first right? Like Obama?

TJ, just to be honest in my opinion, our Government, no matter who's in there doesn't want them fixed totally. One side will thrive on the welfare system, and expand it to and beyond it's limits, the other side will boost lending to the bigger industrial powers and favor contracts to those not necessarily looking out for our best interests, and more towards bottom line profits. neither side really and truly give a damn about anyone but themselves. Look at their enormous salaries. And look at the awesome benefits and fringes that come with their positions. Do you really think that's what they really need to get by on and be looking out for the interest of John Q Public. They will tell you anything you want to hear, to get you to put them in power, and then screw you in the end. (The back end usually). The government is the biggest and most tightly knit fraternity in the world. It's like a bee colony, with all these drones that have only one purpose in life and that's to support the life of the "hive". Sure they go out and pollinate a few flowers, but it all falls back to taking care of the hive, not the rest of the world or the US. They only live to make their clique the best thing around and the most profitable. They have a free ticket to party their asses off, and get rich doing it. Ron Paul is a wild card, they will never let someone like him in the top spot, and I really doubt even the second one. But, know that he's not all he tries to make you believe he is. He's not been in Washington since 1977 because he's not just like the rest. He's kind of like a conscientious objector, in Korea. He's not really a full blown soldier, but he's in the army none the less. And he does things the Army way. He's the one you see one CSpan that's always putting up the argument "in the peoples best interest". He's still part of the smoke and mirrors show, just like all the rest, you can believe what ever you want. Kinda like the WWE, you have a good guy and a bad guy. Someone has to take the fall, but it's still all part of the show. When it's all over they all hang out and reap the rewards of the whole scam. The government is designed to sustain it's own best interests FIRST, and it's own job security FIRST, and it's own financial gain FIRST. "We the People" come LAST. People like Ron Paul will never get in the top spot, just like Ross Perot, or Ralph Nader, or any other wildcard. They are there for their part in the show, nothing more than window dressing.

Listen to the BS Hillary is spreading in Florida right now, she told them in Boca Raton two days ago, that "she will do everything she can to see that all Americans get the same health benefits that all Government workers get." "If you vote me in the White House, you will have the same health care plan that I will have." Do you really think that's going to happen? You know as well as I do that is a load of crap. It's typical campaign rhetoric, which is BS from the beginning. Clinton tried this same tactic 13 years ago, and is probably showing marks from the lashing he took in Washington over it. Obama isn't saying a lot so he won't have as much crow to eat later. McCain is digging a hole so deep he'll be eating bird for the full term. He will be a one and out President at best, Hillary is just about guaranteeing him an easy walk to the oval office, by imploding the party single handedly. Dragging her crap to the convention floor will be the last straw for the Dems sitting on the fence. The best thing McCain has going for him in Hillary and her endless campaign. But it's all a load of crap, "We the People" have no real candidate in this election, only more rhetoric and posturing, by people that want you to believe they are there for you. Choose the lessor of two evils and vote your conscience.

News break on CNN........now Obama and Clinton are talking about a joined ticket. It's the only hope for them to repair the damage that's been done over the past few months. Jesus I am so tired of hearing about the 2mm and 3mm melanomas that were removed from McCain's ass, oh excuse me, face, oh hell I get confused, one's probably as bad as the other. Next we'll be comparing dental records. WGAF!!!!!!

Rant over.....love you too TJ............ :P:P:P

Great quote from a 35 year old.

I do, however, enjoy the constant alluding to McCain's status as a grumpy old man (not to mention that of his supporters). Keep calling Obama supporters young, Coog. You'll put him in the White House. :lol:

I am still pulling for Clinton. That old witch still has some magic in her bag somewhere.

McCain and Clinton are equals in my eyes.

Of course not only the young support Obama. But Michelle makes sure they are front and center behinds O-man when he speaks. NPR (of all stations) had a story where Michelle was even positioning kids by color at one university.

I am still pulling for Clinton. That old witch still has some magic in her bag somewhere.

McCain and Clinton are equals in my eyes.

Of course not only the young support Obama. But Michelle makes sure they are front and center behinds O-man when he speaks. NPR (of all stations) had a story where Michelle was even positioning kids by color at one university.

In fairness to Michelle, in order to be able to position them by color, people of color would have to be there. Check a McCain event. There are only two types of color; brunettes and fake blondes.

a story where Michelle was even positioning kids by color at one university

I didn't hear that story, but maybe she was encouraging black and white kids to sit together rather than sitting in different sections or something.

I didn't hear that story, but maybe she was encouraging black and white kids to sit together rather than sitting in different sections or something.

Dude, there is audio of her telling the staffers who to let stand behind Obama and who not to, and by what they looked like. Who was telling me about "smoke and mirrors" ?

Dude, there is audio of her telling the staffers who to let stand behind Obama and who not to, and by what they looked like. Who was telling me about "smoke and mirrors" ?

Also, Jax, did you know her Thesis was about "racial divide" and that Princeton tried to hide it until AFTER the presidential election in November ?

I didn't hear the audio or find the article, it was just an idea.

When I saw Obama in Houston I stood in the front row. I wonder if the Obamas hand picked me, or if just got lucky. I figured I just got lucky, but I hadn't heard about them picking who goes up front. There was definitely a big mix up of races and age groups in the front. There was an older black lady next to me with a sign that said "Latinos for Obama" which she was happy to wave because she said she had friends who were latino (no idea how she ended up with the sign though). There were also a bunch of black and white kids from UH and Rice, and some older black and white dudes.

Also, Jax, did you know her Thesis was about "racial divide" and that Princeton tried to hide it until AFTER the presidential election in November ?

Wow she went to Princeton? That's impressive! What sort of degree did she do? What's wrong with studying the racial divide? There definitely is one, there shouldn't be, and maybe it needs to studied instead of ignored. I'd personally rather study science but to each his/her own...

All of the HAIF
None of the ads!
HAIF+
Just
$5!