The Galleria Mall History

On the Rink Level of the Galleria, there's a store that's located under the stairs, and I believe it is now a Texas gift shop.

However, I recall my cousin telling me about a store that sold cat-related merchandise. I'm guessing this was late 1990s or early 2000s. Does anyone know the name of this?

That's correct. My aunt used to rave about it. Didn't it also have a purple theme? Eh, maybe not.

Can't remember the name of it.

There were both, under the Galleria I stairs. They may have not been there at the same time. The purple one was called Purplemania. I believe that same location also sold left-handed items also, like scissors and coffee mugs, though it may have been a different store. I remember the cat-themed store but not its name.

Wow, thanks! In 2003, there was a toy store that was called Kid N Kaboodle, but that's about it.

Texas gift shops are so boring. Name a mall in Texas that DOESN'T have one of these (or a GNC, for that matter).

True even boring old Pasadena Town Square has them!

So recently I had a cool idea that involved Houston...and I came up with a project called The Galleria Map Project. Basically, my plan is to take the existing The Galleria lease plans (http://www.simon.com/about_simon/leasing/LocalMall.aspx?id=805), blank the existing stores, and fill in the stores I...and others...remember. Unfortunately, this is only in the planning stages and I don't have the right program to handle everything.

I mean, it would certainly be a cool project if it were to be done, and...I guess I could post answers to any Q&A.

old store - new store

avventura - michael kors

dolce and gabbana - kate spade

pottery barn kids - adidas

johnston and murphy old spot - de beers

bernini - yves saint laurent

versus by versace - bulgari

emporio armani - giorgio armani

louis taub jewelrs - bottega veneta

custom shop - baccarat

baccarat - true religion

luca luca - missoni

alfred dunhill use to be where Johnston and Murphy sits now.

Oilily took that spot before it moved to its curent spot.

armani exchange was were dior is currently.

banana republic was were victorias secret is located

eddie baure was located were hollister is

well i think thats about right . thats all i remember at the moment

• 1 year later...

Hey guys does anyone have any old pics of the Sakowitz department stores and pics of the galleria's past when they had stores like St.Germaine, Marshall Fields, Frost Bros. and Lord and Taylor? I think they wouold be really cool to see and bring back a lot of memories.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I remember going to The Houston Galleria when I was a child during the 1970s and I took ice skating lessons there too during the 1970s and the 1980s. I remember they played disco music and other types of music and they had psychedic light which shined on the ice skating rink during the night time hours, it was so fun! I miss those days! I remember going to a restaurant at The Houston Galleria which was like a melt shop or ice cream shop and the waiters and waitresses would wear red and white large stripes hats and uniforms. They also had a gift shop which you walked through before you left the restaurant. It's now long gone!