The Titan On Post Oak Blvd.

arcutech

Not rly. Still not 100%

Well, I am just going by what was told to me, I am sure it can still change, but positive news nonetheless.

I received the sales packet in the mail today, and it was full of the floorplans for the units. There are 21 different ones to choose from, it appears. A special letter was also included, mentioning that pricing & contract executions would occur around May and construction should begin by July. Also, the website should be updated and a promotional video should be online within the next 15 days.

It has already missed the original ground breaking date as seen above, but at least it is still on some sort of construction schedule.

Did he happen to slip you any info about Sonoma? ;)

Davis said, at his ULI event at the Cosmopolitan yesterday, that he has 50% pre sales on the residential part of sonoma, they have restaurant after restaurant lined up for retail, and he cannot get financing so far.

Sure it has been making him want to pull his hair out - with his track record, I would think it would have been easier.

So you are saying he might invest all this hype and marketing and not constuct the building, a la Shamrock Tower?

That is correct. If he can't get financing on reasonable terms, he can't build it. That's how it works, whether you're Randall Davis or Tracy Suttles.

Edited by TheNiche

Davis said, at his ULI event at the Cosmopolitan yesterday, that he has 50% pre sales on the residential part of sonoma, they have restaurant after restaurant lined up for retail, and he cannot get financing so far.

Sure it has been making him want to pull his hair out - with his track record, I would think it would have been easier.

I guess that's the irony of a booming Houston.

the capital markets are bone dry right now, so that's not too surprising. here's hoping he can secure something before all his potential tenants walk.

So you are saying he might invest all this hype and marketing and not constuct the building, a la Shamrock Tower?

Obviously not the goal but always a possibility.

He also mentioned Sapphire in S.Padre encountered some damage from Eduardo. Was hard to tell to what extent though

• 2 weeks later...

Still trying to get buyers with three new floor plans (and the names are GREAT):

Titan announces three fabulous new floor plans Jagger, da Vinci and Armani! In response to requests for a one bedroom design, the Jagger offers 1016sf of living space and a 64sf terrace with an outstanding view south from your spacious great room and master bedroom. The da Vinci is a three bedroom, two and a half bath with 1804sf and a 155sf terrace commanding the unparalleled southwest Boulevard view. Or you may prefer the Armani, a three bedroom, two and a half bath with private elevator entry into your home's foyer. The Armani overlooks the lights of the city on the southeast corner and features two terraces for your exclusive star gazing above it all!

We invite you to visit our Sales Center open daily at 1405 Post Oak Boulevard to explore the advantages of the incomparable high rise lifestyle waiting for you at Titan!

• 4 months later...

Sad to read. Expect more of this in the future.

On a brighter note -- Big thumbs up for Randall Davis being honest and talking to the newspaper about it in a frank and open way. Most companies just put out press releases with non-speak like, "We're re-aligning our strategic focus," or some such similar crap. RD should get a lot of respect for being candid on what so many developers see as a touchy subject.

• 3 years later...

On a brighter note -- Big thumbs up for Randall Davis being honest and talking to the newspaper about it in a frank and open way. Most companies just put out press releases with non-speak like, "We're re-aligning our strategic focus," or some such similar crap. RD should get a lot of respect for being candid on what so many developers see as a touchy subject.

Sent a note last week based on this comment from Nancy's article on the cancellation of the Titan where he stated the following back in late 2008.

“In the last four or five months, I haven’t had any sales as the world stood still,” he said. “Since I can’t get a loan, I’m forced to temporarily cancel the property. I hope to resurrect it again .”

I did get a message from Randall Davis regarding the Titan when I hit up the old page for an info update considering it was left open ended and we were surprised with a similar project of significance last week just across the street.

Payam,

Please read the note below from Randall…Thank you.

Payam,

Nothing is easy these days, I am trying my best to start a new Hi-Rise in a difficult financing and sales environment. My crystal ball is broken however.

Best-

Randall

Edited by Pumapayam
  • Like 2

So there is still a chance for him to bring back The Titan.

I would assume that the success of the Astoria would play a huge role in that, the "new highrise" he reference in my email. Twice now he avoids saying "no". McDonald's back then was even willing to sell the property.

It would be a waste since you know that have the architectural plans ready to go.

Edited by Pumapayam

I would assume that the success of the Astoria would play a huge role in that, the "new highrise" he reference in my email. Twice now he avoids saying "no". McDonald's back then was even willing to sell the property.

It would be a waste since you know that have the architectural plans ready to go.

Isn't the new highrise he is referencing in the email about Astoria? That's what I gathered.

• The title was changed to The Titan On Post Oak Blvd.