The Titan On Post Oak Blvd.

arcutech

I took a couple of snapshots around the Galleria area, including where The Titan will be. They didn't let you take a picture of the model, though. One of the sales person stated that the starting price will about $420k, but this is subject to go up. Apparently, costs have gone up around 8% since they started the last tower (Cosmo). Just posting one picture, due to space limit, for this development (just to show the current setting/for the "before").

post-4946-1200943507_thumb.jpg

Edited by JJVilla

I took a couple of snapshots around the Galleria area, including where The Titan will be. They didn't let you take a picture of the model, though. One of the sales person stated that the starting price will about $420k, but this is subject to go up. Apparently, costs have gone up around 8% since they started the last tower (Cosmo). Just posting one picture, due to space limit, for this development (just to show the current setting/for the "before").

post-4946-1200943507_thumb.jpg

any word on maintenance fees? what are cosmo's?

QUOTE(DevelopmentX @ Tuesday, September 18th, 2007 @ 12:59pm) post_snapback.gifLuxury Residential Tower with a McDonald's at the front of the property!!!!!!!

I am not a fan of Dallas (too white, too small townish, too insecure- thus, the rehearsed snobbery), however when I look at what is happening in Chicago, Atlanta, Las Vegas, Miami (and yes, I know they have overbuilt) I am left with the feeling that Houston is getting second-tier projects where local developers (with the exception of Hines) lack the foresight or capital to execute first class projects that appeal to the type of out of town investors that insure solid financial returns.

I agree with your first point, talk about irony!

Not really, this is Houston we're talking about. We have churches next to Church's Chicken.

• 3 weeks later...

I received the sales packet in the mail today, and it was full of the floorplans for the units. There are 21 different ones to choose from, it appears. A special letter was also included, mentioning that pricing & contract executions would occur around May and construction should begin by July. Also, the website should be updated and a promotional video should be online within the next 15 days.

As is standard with the other Randall Davis properties, there is a cocktail party scheduled for March 5th in the Cosmopolitan (across the street from the Titan's sales office) where their reps will be showing off amenities and attempting to sell units.

I received the sales packet in the mail today, and it was full of the floorplans for the units. There are 21 different ones to choose from, it appears. A special letter was also included, mentioning that pricing & contract executions would occur around May and construction should begin by July. Also, the website should be updated and a promotional video should be online within the next 15 days.

As is standard with the other Randall Davis properties, there is a cocktail party scheduled for March 5th in the Cosmopolitan (across the street from the Titan's sales office) where their reps will be showing off amenities and attempting to sell units.

open to public? or by invite only?

so with your dates mentioned in mind... did we ever figure out what the "2.08" on the ads meant? i guess thats just the "more info will be released on" date LOL

open to public? or by invite only?

so with your dates mentioned in mind... did we ever figure out what the "2.08" on the ads meant? i guess thats just the "more info will be released on" date LOL

It's a public thing. The invites just went out to the people who signed up for more info, previous buyers and other friends of the company.

As for the "2.08" references... I think it was a reference to the official opening of the sales office and the beginning of their inserts ("The Titan Times") hitting more papers and publications.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
So what is this Titan party like, it is the first shovel dig, or the last day of McDonalds?

IIRC, the invitation said the party was actually going to be at the Cosmo. It will include current and prospective owners of Houston area Randall Davis properties. I am not sure if I will make it.

Well, their view may be obstructed (not sure what view exactly), but I would much rather view the Titan any day over the McDonalds!

the south view looking back down post oak and at transco.

id rather look over mcd's than INTO the titan. although you might see some interesting parties on those penthouse corner pools

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/busine...ff/5583898.html

"Davis is buying the land from McDonald's, which has a two-story restaurant there. The sale is expected to close this summer.

Sometime after that, the McDonald's will go, but the hamburger chain is keeping a portion of the land to build a sleek new store as part of its "re-imaging" program, spokesman Adam Salgado said."

Sweet. It looks like McDonald's is going to be landing a McCafe right in front of the Titan. I'm no fan of McDonald's but I'd be interested in checking out this place.

Here's a picture of a McCafe concept store in Germany:

http://www.papascott.de/wordpress/wp-conte...esign-wenge.jpg

"Davis is buying the land from McDonald's, which has a two-story restaurant there. The sale is expected to close this summer.

Sometime after that, the McDonald's will go, but the hamburger chain is keeping a portion of the land to build a sleek new store as part of its "re-imaging" program, spokesman Adam Salgado said."

Says nothing about a McCafe. All of the older McDonalds in Bryan/College Station have been rebuilt in recent years with a modern look. I thought that was the re-imaging McDonalds was going for. It would be cool if a McCafe was going there though, it would fit in better because of all of the business workers in the area.

Do they have any McCafes in America yet?

A test McCafe opened in the Chicago in May of 2001 but didn't fair that well: it closed within the same year. Though, its no secret that McDonald's is trying to challenge Starbucks. It looks like they're trying to include McCafes in McDonald's as a store-within-a-store.

http://www.brockmann.com/index.php/2008010...to-america.html

• 4 months later...