• 5 months later...

It can even be seen from 59! Did they add a couple of floors to it, or something?

Oh, and what's that going up just to the left of it? Despite the economy, that area has a ton fo stuff going up atm.

The website says it is supposed to be 6 stories on top of 2 stories of parking, so that's 8 in total, which seems about right.

I was under the impression that the other block would be another similar building. Can anybody confirm that?

I'm hoping that they reconsider the retail aspect sooner than later. We (being the church crowds in that area) lost our Subway to this project, so that would be an easy thing to plug in. Plus a little brunch place would surely see some major funds, and not just on the weekends. Keep in mind that every one of the large churches in the area has noon services a couple of times a week, and a full-time staff of at least 30-ish people. Add in the prospective residents of Venue and close proximity to the museum district station... sounds like a good recipe for retail.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

? The rail is right next to the building, and the ugly low building is part of a church or something I think...

I mean right next to the building. In the picture a few posts up the rail is separated from the building by a couple of lanes of roadway. The rendering shows the rail next to the sidewalk and the building.

• Like 1

I mean right next to the building. In the picture a few posts up the rail is separated from the building by a couple of lanes of roadway. The rendering shows the rail next to the sidewalk and the building.

The metro tracks in this part of town are split between Fannin and San Jacinto. On the west side of the building, the tracks are right next to it. On the east side, the tracks are separated by a couple lanes of roadway.

• Like 1

The metro tracks in this part of town are split between Fannin and San Jacinto. On the west side of the building, the tracks are right next to it. On the east side, the tracks are separated by a couple lanes of roadway.

My bad. I didn't realize it spanned the whole block.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 years later...

http://realtynewsreport.com/2018/08/30/hines-buying-museum-district-apartments-for-72-9-million/

HOUSTON – (Realty News Report) – Hines Global Income Trust has agreed to buy the 224-unit Venue Museum District apartments for $72.9 million or $325,400 per unit.

The seller of the property, 5353 Fannin, is Grayco Lui Museum District Investment. The seven-story community is 89 percent leased.

The deal, funded with $1.5 million in hard earnest money, is expected to close in September, Hines reported. The purchase includes an adjacent land parcel.

Unfortunately, the adjacent parcel (to the north of the complex abutting Southmore) is only about 15,000 square feet.  A physician owns the other 15,000 square foot parcel immediately to the east of the Hines parcel, which housed the Rehab Sports Bar.  However, I believe that bar recently closed, so Hines might have an opening to acquire that lot to get 30,000+ square feet for development.

• The title was changed to Venue Museum District: Multifamily At 5353 Fannin St.
  • The topic was unlocked