Pearland Town Center At 11200 Broadway St.

kzseattle

Too bad they didn't bring the main part of the development closer to the pond. That would have brought a little more to it.

They totally wasted an opportunity to create an inventive and useful greenspace. Having the pond in the back, detached from PTC was a huge mistake. It serves more as a retention ditch rather than something aesthetic, like a public park.

Check out some interesting rules in PTC Code of Conduct. It really is just a glorified strip mall with boarding school rules. I feel bad for anyone that decides to live there under such silly rules.

3. Annoying others through noisy or boisterous activities, unnecessary staring or following someone through the mall and parking lot.

Translation: no looking at the hot chicks.

7. Running, wrestling, horseplay, skating, skate boarding, rollerblading and/or riding a scooter; or otherwise being disruptive or creating a disturbance, obstructing or interfering with the free flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic or with patron

Edited by Pumapayam

They totally wasted an opportunity to create an inventive and useful greenspace. Having the pond in the back, detached from PTC was a huge mistake. It serves more as a retention ditch rather than something aesthetic, like a public park.

Check out some interesting rules in PTC Code of Conduct. It really is just a glorified strip mall with boarding school rules. I feel bad for anyone that decides to live there under such silly rules.

3. Annoying others through noisy or boisterous activities, unnecessary staring or following someone through the mall and parking lot.

7. Running, wrestling, horseplay, skating, skate boarding, rollerblading and/or riding a scooter; or otherwise being disruptive or creating a disturbance, obstructing or interfering with the free flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic or with patron's view of doorways,windows, and/or other merchant or mall displays. Bicycles and Segways must be used in accordance with bicycle and vehicle safety rules.

Translation: even though you live in the residential portion of the shopping center don't expected to fully embrace pedestrian activites since you really are in a shopping center and not a real "live, work, play" town center.

8. Assembling, demonstrating, parading, picketing, marching, walking abreast in groups and/or loitering for the purpose of disturbing the peace or any unlawful purpose, disrupting the shopping enjoyment of customers, or disrupting the intended business use of the mall.

Translation: don't recreate the infamous scene of Carrie and the girls on the sidewalk from Sex and the City.

13. Failing to wear shoes and a shirt.

Translation: no matter how good you look, not "neighborhood" running without a shirt.

Ha. This is just asking for memebag to go down there and do something to get thrown in mall --er, town centre jail.

No horseplay!

What's up with the directions?

Why can't you take 288 to 518 to the PTC, it seems like the most direct route, yet the map directions deliberately avoids that intersection in all cases.

Is there something more political behind this?

Unfortunately, the feeders of 288 between 2234 & 518 won't be completed until 2009. The corner of 288 & 518 is going to become a mess starting tomorrow. They are just trying to give people some alternatives to the headache that corner will be.

Me, I'll be walking to the strip center as you call it; And for sure I'll get in trouble for my unnecessary staring :)

Edited by Chamo

Ha. This is just asking for memebag to go down there and do something to get thrown in mall --er, town centre jail.

No horseplay!

I don't see anything in those rules about horses. I think they just don't want me putting on my one man production of Equus.

I actually passed by the "town center" this afternoon, and I was pleasantly surprised. Although they haven't opened up the main street in the town center, I could see clearly into the shopping area. It looks really nice and looks appealing for an evening stroll. Reminds me of the nicer outdoor shopping areas in Denver. I can imagine how packed its going to be tomorrow.

you know, I loved the story about this on KTRK. I particularly enjoyed how the new GM for Macy's says the following:

"As people are moving out of Houston into the suburbs, that's where the customers are living," Macy's General Manager Melissa Steiner. "We are trying now to go where people are. It's really a great idea. It's almost in your backyard."

It sounds like something some pearland schmuck would say.(no offense to those currently living in that nice little suburb.....we're coming after you in 10 years)

you know, I loved the story about this on KTRK. I particularly enjoyed how the new GM for Macy's says the following:

"As people are moving out of Houston into the suburbs, that's where the customers are living," Macy's General Manager Melissa Steiner. "We are trying now to go where people are. It's really a great idea. It's almost in your backyard."

It sounds like something some pearland schmuck would say.(no offense to those currently living in that nice little suburb.....we're coming after you in 10 years)

Can I nominate this as the BEST post of the day!

Wow ricco! Loved it! :lol:

I love how the commercial does nothing to showcase the town center strip mall.

Seriously a parking garage or two would have helped minimize that huge suface lot surrounding everything. This is the stupidiest use of town center yet!

*Warning* Watch out for incredibly loud and pretentious music when you enter the Pearland Town Center website.

Yeah I'd love to have something like Sugar Land's town center/City Walk in design. While it may not be an excellent design, people hardly care. My greatest gripe is that there is too much parking along "Market street".

Does their land extend as far as that pond?

Does their land extend as far as that pond?

Yeah, but it is set up worst than the Stafford Fountains. The main areas is separated parking lot, with only a few satellite pad sites, not real incentive to use the pond for anything logical.

Annoying others through noisy or boisterous activities, unnecessary staring or following someone through the mall and parking lot.

That's not entirely true. Sometimes it IS necessary to stare. They are only outlawing UNnecessary staring, for instance, staring at mediocre chicks is unnecessary. Staring at hot chicks, however, is very necessary.

That's not entirely true. Sometimes it IS necessary to stare. They are only outlawing UNnecessary staring, for instance, staring at mediocre chicks is unnecessary. Staring at hot chicks, however, is very necessary.

Finally someone who gets it!

I did a loop around around PTC the other day and yeah, it looks nice. Not as many high-quality stores as I would like but that's the way it is. I'm just happy to have a bookstore finally. Sometimes it's just necessary to browse instead of dealing with the cold Amazon.com.

Oh you stare, JUST YOU STARE, lol. Then ol' Otis will speed over to you on two wheels in his golf cart.

otis.jpg

"Git out-ta da center here ol' boyo, starin' at the pretty missy poos like you fresh out-ta da jail house! WOAH, that missy poo full of fruit, melons AND an apple bottom! I mean, git out, you bout to git me fired! Got me thinkin' bout my old creepin' days!"

Read this new Inside Pearland blog entry about the grand opening. Here's an interesting snippet from it:

"This week, Pearland police will be stationed on either side of FM 518 at Texas 288 to manually control the traffic lights, as well as on Business Center Drive, Town Center Boulevard, Kirby and McHard Drive. If needed, the officers will physically direct traffic"

Some of the blog comments were interesting too.

Edited by Timnwendy

Read this new Inside Pearland blog entry about the grand opening. Here's an interesting snippet from it:

"This week, Pearland police will be stationed on either side of FM 518 at Texas 288 to manually control the traffic lights, as well as on Business Center Drive, Town Center Boulevard, Kirby and McHard Drive. If needed, the officers will physically direct traffic"

Some of the blog comments were interesting too.

That would explain why the TxDOT signs on 288 near Southmore and near Holly Hall said something earlier this week to the effect of "Delays at FM518 exit, use FM2234 instead".

Edited by JLWM8609

where are some of the best watering holes to go to after work? I recently moved to Silverlake and I'm in my 20s.

I was thinking of TGIFs but that would seem strange to go to a restaurant's bar.

I've already been to Scooter's Beer and Burgers with a friend and it was OK.

Thanks!

I was at the PTC on Wednesday night and found the traffic to not be a problem at all! Everything ran very smoothly especially if you were an SCR resident. Getting across 288 to go back to silverlake looked to be more of a problem due to the short light going east on broadway.

I guess there was a fair amount of traffic for the people who decided to do a driving tour by going straight through the center. But that would be silly, right? I parked on the side of BJs and walked to all the stores in 3 minutes. My wife and I put in a reservation at BJs, they said it would be an hour, so we went for a walk around the complex and enjoyed the look of things. Went to B&N, bought a book, walked back to BJs 40 minutes later and they seated us immediately. It all worked very well.

I think it's funny how the biggest traffic problem with the new mall is actually the short light to get over to the silverlake side, which has always been a problem. I just left the mall via Kirby and it was easy.

I've heard the bar in Sam's Boat can be fun. I poked my head in there recently and all I can say is that it's a fairly big bar. I went when they first opened up that day, so there was not really a vibe to detect.

Thanks.

Btw, how's the mall? I haven't been able to drive through since it opened.

I was at the PTC on Wednesday night and found the traffic to not be a problem at all! Everything ran very smoothly especially if you were an SCR resident. Getting across 288 to go back to silverlake looked to be more of a problem due to the short light going east on broadway.

I guess there was a fair amount of traffic for the people who decided to do a driving tour by going straight through the center. But that would be silly, right? I parked on the side of BJs and walked to all the stores in 3 minutes. My wife and I put in a reservation at BJs, they said it would be an hour, so we went for a walk around the complex and enjoyed the look of things. Went to B&N, bought a book, walked back to BJs 40 minutes later and they seated us immediately. It all worked very well.

I think it's funny how the biggest traffic problem with the new mall is actually the short light to get over to the silverlake side, which has always been a problem. I just left the mall via Kirby and it was easy.

Next time you go to BJs, get a pazooki, they're yummy.

Okay, has anyone been to Norton's Grill and Pub?

Nothing to get much excited about. Have not been on a weekend to be able to tell you if it gets a nice crowd. Food is decent.

I would love to find a good local bar around here too.... Sam's boat doesn't do it for me either.

So I did a "driving tour" of the PTC yesterday evening... Wow, I must say, they did a fantastic job!

I was expecting some run of the mill strip with a few trees and whatnot, but instead found a well organized, nicely decorated, classy, shopping locale. In a world of endless chain retailers, this is as good as it gets. It'll definitely put Pearland on the map!

With regard to traffic, it seems getting out the PTC, across 288, is the only real problem. They need to add an extra lane that way...