Pearland Town Center At 11200 Broadway St.

kzseattle

Did I see a sign over by the HEB that said a La Madeline was going to be built there? I think I saw it on the east side of the HEB parking lot. I might be confused with another spot, though.

The sign is fairly new but construction after the foundation has not progressed for long time...

The sign is fairly new but construction after the foundation has not progressed for long time...

Looks like both the McCallister's Deli and the Le Madeleine (sp?) are out. See the link below for an updated site plan. Oh and uhm, Which Which does make good sandwiches. Has anyone tried Lenny's Sub on FM2234 (across from the 4 Points Sheraton), not bad either.

http://www.amreit.com/_filelib/FileCabinet...teplan_1015.pdf

Looks like both the McCallister's Deli and the Le Madeleine (sp?) are out. See the link below for an updated site plan. Oh and uhm, Which Which does make good sandwiches. Has anyone tried Lenny's Sub on FM2234 (across from the 4 Points Sheraton), not bad either.

http://www.amreit.com/_filelib/FileCabinet...teplan_1015.pdf

Bummer on the La Madeline, the wife was looking forward to it...

I was in the neighborhood last night for the first time in months... I couldn't believe all the changes, particularly on the stretch of 518 between 288 and Southern Trails. It's exciting to see so many nice stores and restaurants there, great for all the residents. On the down side, headed back to 288 around 6:00 pm. (on a sunday!), it took 10-15 minutes to get through the lights. I sat through some of them probably 10 times. They REALLY need to address that situation; the traffic was completely crippled.

I estimate at least 75% of this problem is due to one light; it's the last one on 518 going eastbound just before you go under the 288 overpass. That light is on a 20 second timer, which is far too short to process the backlog of vehicles traveling eastbound. You probably saw the gridlock which frequently occurs behind it at the intersection of Business Center and 518.

Why the city hasn't fixed this light yet, I don't know, but it's been on that 20 second timer ever since the towncenter opened.

I estimate at least 75% of this problem is due to one light; it's the last one on 518 going eastbound just before you go under the 288 overpass. That light is on a 20 second timer, which is far too short to process the backlog of vehicles traveling eastbound. You probably saw the gridlock which frequently occurs behind it at the intersection of Business Center and 518.

Why the city hasn't fixed this light yet, I don't know, but it's been on that 20 second timer ever since the towncenter opened.

Yup, that's the one.

I think you're referring to the light at the interchange. Is that a city traffic light or a TxDot traffic light? I remember seeing TxDot trucks repairing signals at 288 and 2234 after Ike.

I think you're referring to the light at the interchange. Is that a city traffic light or a TxDot traffic light? I remember seeing TxDot trucks repairing signals at 288 and 2234 after Ike.

I honestly didn't realize there could be a difference in ownership. I guess I could call the city of Pearland and find out for sure.

The light timing has not been changed to help east bound traffic from 518 now that there is two malls on that side. It still favors traffic coming off 288 going east bound on 518, all they would need to do is to extend it about 10 secs as mentioned or shorten the left turn light going 288 south so the east bound traffic can get a few more seconds...

I honestly didn't realize there could be a difference in ownership. I guess I could call the city of Pearland and find out for sure.

There's a box with a TxDot logo at the corner of 2234 and the 288 ramps. I believe that contains the controls for the traffic lights. I was thinking that a state highway interchange would probably be controlled by TxDot, but you never know. It would be worth calling the City of Pearland to see if they could arrange to coordinate, assuming that it is a TxDot signal.

Are they currently in the process of expanding 288 north of the Broadway/288 exit on the southbound side? Or is that a side road that they're working on?

They are not expanding the width of the highway; they are building feeder roads. The feeder roads will be on both the southbound and northbound sides of 288, but only between 518 and 2234.

About the feeder roads and the 518 traffic light timing, see this from the Chronicle:

http://blogs.chron.com/pearland/2008/12/si...elp_your_c.html

"...The feeder road construction is expected to be complete in one year and will cost $10 million. TxDOT is funding half that amount. The City of Pearland will cover $2.5 million with the final $2.5 million paid for by the tax increment investment zone that includes Shadow Creek Ranch."

Also, the traffic lights are controlled by TxDOT. The city is paying for a study which TxDOT requires before redoing the timing. This will be completed in January, after which the request to adjust the lights will be sent to TxDOT.

• 4 weeks later...

I've shopped at this store on several occasions since it opened and I can't help but notice the lack of customers. I've been there on a Saturday around 12 noon and the store seemed a bit empty. I was there on a weekday around 11 am and I felt isolated. There were only a handful of customers in the entire store. The salespeople looked bored. I hope Dillards makes it because it's such a beautiful store.

I've shopped at this store on several occasions since it opened and I can't help but notice the lack of customers. I've been there on a Saturday around 12 noon and the store seemed a bit empty. I was there on a weekday around 11 am and I felt isolated. There were only a handful of customers in the entire store. The salespeople looked bored. I hope Dillards makes it because it's such a beautiful store.

I don't think that this is unique to the Town Center store. Foot traffic/sales is/are down nation wide, as is evident by today's retail sales number. Dillard's, Macy's, or any other retailer is having trouble at the moment. It's a tough environment out there. I heard the female co-host of Morning Call (CNBC show) mention that she was in the Saks in NY yesterday and she couldn't help but notice how empty it was despite the "great" deals.

Now if the NY Saks is empty then.............

I don't think that this is unique to the Town Center store. Foot traffic/sales is/are down nation wide, as is evident by today's retail sales number. Dillard's, Macy's, or any other retailer is having trouble at the moment. It's a tough environment out there. I heard the female co-host of Morning Call (CNBC show) mention that she was in the Saks in NY yesterday and she couldn't help but notice how empty it was despite the "great" deals.

Now if the NY Saks is empty then.............

I agree but you look at the restaurants in the front of the center you could not tell there was a economic slowdown...

I agree but you look at the restaurants in the front of the center you could not tell there was a economic slowdown...

I agree and that is exactly my point, the restaurants seem to be thriving. I've eaten at most of them, BJ's, Gringo's, Red Robin, Fish City, Mimi's...etc. and they were either packed or full. The stores don't seem to be thriving IMO.

I agree and that is exactly my point, the restaurants seem to be thriving. I've eaten at most of them, BJ's, Gringo's, Red Robin, Fish City, Mimi's...etc. and they were either packed or full. The stores don't seem to be thriving IMO.

Two different types of businesses. We all know that eating out is a tradition in TX and Pearland is low on the supply side for those type of venues. One can justify eating out more than they can justify getting another item of clothing. When hunger hits, you've had a long work week, and you don't feel like cooking, badda bing!! Anyway, I would expect Pearland's offering of mid-tier restaurants (i.e. chain) to thrive being that folks are cutting back on the higher end joints.

Some are saying that Dillards will be leaving Brazoria County's other and only indoor mall. I went and sat out by the side of the road in the middle of the county on Sunday afternoon listening to A Prairie Home Companion and saw about 500 cars headed north in the first hour. Quite something for a Southern Brazoria County area of 75,000 people total.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I heard that the Arby's at the Pearland Town Center has closed. sad.gif Supposedly there is a sign on the door. Can anyone confirm this?

Never tried it....... But wouldn't be surprised since business always seemed slow there.

• Like 1