The Plazas At Midtown I: 2500-2521 Bagby St.

HoustonTransplant

However a drive-through beignet place near downtown would be nice.

That would be great but I'd make such a mess of my car's interior with the powdered sugar! :(

Crescent City still does great on Westheimer across from Lamar High School. I think they have Community Coffee as well.

I do go there on occasion and, yes, they are doing great. I suppose their customers don't mind waitng a few minutes for their beignets.

There was a place at Buffalo Speedway and Bissonnet (in the strip center that was demolished for the new HEB) that served beignets. The owner was a grouch but he told me he had much better business in the evenings than in the early morning.

• 5 months later...
Tiff's Treats in going in next door to this location.

I think the exact spot where aperture use to be will be Federal Credit Union

"CENTRAL

Arhaus, Centre at Post Oak,  across from Houston Galleria
Frida Mexican Kitchen, 3452 Ella Blvd
Sears Home Appliance, 3277 Southwest Freeway
Kobecue, 1001 Main, downtown
Primeway Federal Credit Union, The Plazas at Midtown, 2503 Bagby"

Edited by DrLan34

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Aperture Coffee Coffee Groundz Closed
  • The title was changed to Coffee Groundz At 2503 Bagby St.
  • 4 months later...

Below is the most recent leasing brochure for The Plazas at Midtown I. I think it was updated in October.

The Plazas at Midtown I is located at 2500-2521 Bagby St. It is located on an 1.15 acre parcel. County records indicate the parcel address is 2501 Bagby St. The property is bounded by Bagby St, Bremond St, Brazos St, and McGowen St.

The 2513 Bagby St unit is for lease. Chinese restaurant Magic Wok occupied the 1,050 sf space. Also available for lease, the former Jimmy John's unit at 2505 Bagby St. The unit is 1, 576 sf.

Details from the brochure:

• Plazas at Midtown I is a 15,820 square foot neighborhood shopping center situated adjacent to Downtown Houston in the Midtown submarket of Houston, Texas.  The center sits on a 1.15-acre parcel on a full-city block bordered by Babgy Street, McGowen Avenue, Brazos Street and Bremond Avenue.

https://fifthcorner.com/portfolio-items/plazas_at_midtown_1/

http://fifthcorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Plazas-at-Midtown-I_10.23.pdf

gBscf68.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

The latest leasing materials for The Plazas at Midtown I include an updated site plan.

According to the site plan, the 2513 Bagby St unit is for lease. Chinese restaurant Magic Wok occupied the 1,050 sf space. Also available for lease, the former Jimmy John's unit at 2505 Bagby St. The unit is 1, 576 sf.

The site plan also shows the unit at 2503 Bagby St is leased to Mexican eatery Dripped Birria. Previously, Poke Burri and Lifting Ramen occupied the unit. Dripped Birria is opening in the retail center next year.

Below is a list of current tenants:

• Dripped Birria - 2503 Bagby St
  • Tiff's Treats - 2507 Bagby St
  • Super Cuts - 2509 Bagby St
  • Urban Dental - 2511 Bagby St
  • Lazy Bagel - 2515 Bagby St
  • The Dog House Tavern - 2517 Bagby St
  • On the Kirb - 2521 Bagby St

The Plazas at Midtown I is located at 2500-2521 Bagby St.

wVmPEFR.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

• The title was changed to The Plazas At Midtown: 2500-2521 Bagby St.
  • 3 weeks later...

There is a discussion on Reddit about many recent closures in Midtown. The discussion, which began yesterday, primarily focuses on retail business, specifically restaurants. Most of the businesses listed pertain to Plazas at Midtown I, the retail center at 2501-2521 Bagby St.

https://old.reddit.com/r/houston/comments/18orgpq/lots_of_closures_in_midtown/?sort=old

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2024 at 5:37 PM, hindesky said:

No work has started yet.

Cmsy8g9.jpg

Of course renovations haven't begun on the 2503 Bagby unit. The city hasn't approved permitting. I mean, the plan reviewing fee was filed only a month ago...

On 12/8/2023 at 12:40 AM, hindesky said:

AniOtIv.png

Plan Review Inspection Report Inquiry Details as of today:

oMA91Vv.jpg

• The title was changed to The Plazas At Midtown I: 2500-2521 Bagby St.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 6:24 PM, hindesky said:

Drive Thru menu, it's not open yet but looks like it will be soon.

586MlTw.jpeg

Birria being a famously car-friendly food. 

Then again, Salads-2-Go or whatever is is springing up all over, so what do I know.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 004n063 said:

Birria being a famously car-friendly food. 

Then again, Salads-2-Go or whatever is is springing up all over, so what do I know.

Drive thru and get some for lunch and then back to the office or get some on the way home.  Either way you're golden...unless you're wearing white.

27 minutes ago, august948 said:

Drive thru and get some for lunch and then back to the office or get some on the way home.  Either way you're golden...unless you're wearing white.

He doesn't own a car.