Toys

Guest Marty

I had every Master of the Universe and Transformer toy ever made. I wish i still had them. What did you enjoy as a child or do you still collect them?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had every Master of the Universe and Transformer toy ever made. I wish i still had them. What did you enjoy as a child or do you still collect them?

I have a video of Masters of the Universe on my myspace!! Check it > :) (NSFW though)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...deoid=633561418

(For the record, I was a Lego dude :D )

My big three toys were Legos, GI Joe, and Transformers. As a kid, I went to Thailand when I was 9 years old and the street markets there had "transformers" from Japan that never made it to the US under the Hasbro name. Also, the one's I bought there were less kid-friendly than the same ones in the States. For instance, Grimlock (Dinobot) from Japan had a hard plastic gold sword whereas the one in the US had a flimsy red plastic one so you didn't poke your eyes out. My favorite Transformer I picked up there was Raiden, one of those multiple robots combining into a big one. This one was made up of trains.

I had over a hundred transformers, most of them unique in some way and quite collectible. I gave them all way for free when I was too young and stupid to know any better. :(

After I got tired of Legos I got Tente pieces instead. I had Star Wars everything, multiples of all characters, because I would lose them and find them again. Anything Shogun Warrior back then also. Micronauts were one of my favorites also. I would have epic battles using all the action figures, and then they would eventually all team up to try and defeat my Shogun Godzilla, and Godzilla still kicked their asses, DAMN a Lightsaber !

I had over a hundred transformers, most of them unique in some way and quite collectible. I gave them all way for free when I was too young and stupid to know any better. :(

I did the same thing too what was i thinking :wacko:

edit; does anybody remember Black Star

I played alot with the figurines mixing and matching them in battles, GiJoe, StarWars, and I actually played with my brothers army men a lot too. Lego's of course alot, we had the various car tracks too. And stompers, anyone remember them? They were little monster trucks with a double AA battery in them to make them move and they had lights I think. I always ended up outside with these toys, except the legos and thats where a lot of them probably ended up buried. I was always making forts or caves in the ground for them. or tying on a makeshift parachute out of a bandana onto the gi-joe men and tossing them in the air or a tree as high as i could. good times....good times..

I had most of masters of the universe, gi joe, and the entire empire strikes back figure collection.

I also had the M.A.S.K toys. i had the 18 wheeler/missile launcher, the camaro/plane, the green motorcycle/heli and the jeep/boat. i never got the gas station though.... oh if only i still had them...

You can find most of these on ebay, but they are rarely in good shape and are expensive. I spend a couple hundred rebuilding the glory that was my GPK collection..

:ph34r:

I still have my Castle Greyskull.

I still have all mine, the original Optimus Prime with the box, Megatron with the box, and the Contructacons with the box and about a dozen others without the box.

I had every Barbie, Strawberry Shortcake, SeaWee, and Weeble ever made! :D Well, it seemed like it, anyway...

My friend Dave still has every single Star Wars figurine that he had when he was a kid. He has them in a case somewhere!

Loved Legos too, we always got sets of those for Christmas each year. I never could make the big stuff or how it was on the box. I guess that's why I'm not an engineer or architect. :lol:

Got a basic set of Craftsman tools when I was six, and took apart everything in sight, soon I started putting them back together, I was ruined for life after that. I think it's actually a genetic defect, because I bought my oldest son a high dollar RC monster truck when he was five, what did he do, stripped it down to the lest screw first day he had it, said "he wanted to know what made it go!", I just had to laugh.

I think they were called K'Nex. Little plastic girders to make a frame of a building, and then you would snap on plastic exterior panels to make a skyscraper or whatever. Even as a kid I had architecture fantasies! :D

Subdude, if you are over 35, like me, you didn't have K'nex, you had Lincoln Logs and Erector sets. I had a ton of Erector sets also, my Pops hated it after he got them for me because he was always steppin on a screw or a nut that had fallin into the shag carpet. This was the 70's of course.

I went through phases. In the innocent child phase, the order was fort-building, tools, ghostbusters, nintendo, legos, super nintendo, sega. And then I got a Daisy pellet rifle and a CO2-powered semiautomatic BB pistol and was permitted to buy fireworks. Life was never the same after that, either for me or the little plastic lego men that I'd accumulated. > :)

I suppose that one of the very few advantages of living in McAllen in the 90's was that you could set up a firing range in your back yard and launch bottle rockets from a homemade shoulder-mounted PVC bazooka and no one cared or would report you...including the corrupt policeman next door. Living on acreage in the Texas Hill Country was still better, though...make no mistake about it.

Subdude, if you are over 35, like me, you didn't have K'nex, you had Lincoln Logs and Erector sets. I had a ton of Erector sets also, my Pops hated it after he got them for me because he was always steppin on a screw or a nut that had fallin into the shag carpet. This was the 70's of course.

No, I had K'nex. No Erector Sets. Maybe my parents didn't want to deal with the screws and nuts in the shag carpeting! :lol:

G.I. Joe. When I was in the second grade I got one for Christmas. I took off his clothes and I said that he was walking down the street naked. My dad told me that a person would get arrested for doing that. I said: "REALLY???"

Did anyone have ever had one of them 300 in 1 project from Radio Shack or Sea Monkeys.

Yes, I had the 300 in 1 electronics kit. In fact it was a favorite for several months and led to more elaborate projects that I'd build from scratch components on a breadboard. Tripwire alarms hooked up to pezzo buzzers and lights were a favorite.

It's probably a good thing that I didn't know what an electric match was.

Erector sets, American Bricks, Lincoln Logs, GI Joes, Potato heads and Cooties [i still have them in the original boxes], Legos-I have over 2000+ pieces and still play with them with my nieces and nephews.

I hated Cooties; Mr. Potato head gave me the creeps so he and his potato delicate flower pretty much have stayed in the boxes.

I also have a number of old metal wind-up toys my mom saved. Ebay says they are valuable but I hesitate to let then go.

Smurfs, Legos, Barbie, my Pee Wee Herman ventriloquist doll and his sidekick Billy Baloney (I still love that doll to this day; it's so much fun), Atari, Nintendo Entertainment System, puppets, Play Dough, my New Kids on the Block dolls, Care Bears, Wuzzles, a game called Fun Around Faces, Light Bright, Get-Along Gang toys, Monopoly, too many to name.

dc_2.JPG

My favorite toy, like with most kids, was a cardboard box.

After my father gave me the big speech about "When I was a child, I played as a child, and had childish things, then as I grew up, I put away those childish things." So, I sold all the Star Wars and other toys in a Garage Sale.

The only toys that I wouldn't give up though were my Hot Wheels. I have roughly over 2500 in boxes. I started collecting again back in the early 90's when no one else was. Then the flood gates opened, and I basically stopped in 1999 or 2000. I have rare cars that I didn't even know I had grabbed, I was just buying 20 at a time back then.

I was always outside, so my favorite toys were basketballs, footballs, my bike and a swiss army knife to make spears for some reason. Some punk kid down the street stole the knife. He suddenly had one just like mine and it was his. Ironic, huh?

And oh, micro machines were pretty fun too

Did anyone have ever had one of them 300 in 1 project from Radio Shack or Sea Monkeys.

sea monkeys??? I don't know if anyone listens to 610 online, but they have THE most annoying commercial that plays on there constantly.

Were they just pets like goldfish or somethin?

I was always outside, so my favorite toys were basketballs, footballs, my bike and a swiss army knife to make spears for some reason. Some punk kid down the street stole the knife. He suddenly had one just like mine and it was his. Ironic, huh?

And oh, micro machines were pretty fun too

sea monkeys??? I don't know if anyone listens to 610 online, but they have THE most annoying commercial that plays on there constantly.

Were they just pets like goldfish or somethin?

Sea Monkeys are actually Krill I think, they kind of hibernate when they dehydrate. Weird little lifeforms.

Archived