60 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your choice?

• Rick Perry
    • Chris Bell
    • Carol Keeton Strayhorn
    • Kinky Friedman

hopefully not this person:

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/kho...ns.e5397d9.html

Gov. Rick Perry, after a God and country sermon attended by dozens of political candidates Sunday, said that he agreed with the minister that non-Christians will be condemned to hell.

He said that he believes in the inerrancy of the Bible and that those who don't accept Jesus as their savior will go to hell.

:(

Perry will win, though he shouldn't. In the last governor election, it was two Corrupticrats running against each other. This time I think any of the three opponents to Perry are more deserving. Unfortunately they will all lose.

Perry will win, though he shouldn't. In the last governor election, it was two Corrupticrats running against each other. This time I think any of the three opponents to Perry are more deserving. Unfortunately they will all lose.

I haven't met one person in person that said they were voting for Perry. (Can't really see why anyone would want to, either). I gotta agree with Westguy on this statement. Most of my friends want Kinky to win, but they think that the election is so rigged, Perry would win regardless of how they vote.

I just want to see the states' votes count, whoever wins. No more trying to turn people away from polls like last week (the 4 Houston libraries who had to cancel free flu-shots because Republican officials didn't want people to vote that normally wouldn't have voted.) Regardless of who you think will win, EVERYBODY vote for who YOU like. If it's Perry, Strayhorn, Bell, or Friedman, doesn't matter.

I hope this election shows that voting does matter.

I'm not sure what gets people to hell but I am sure what gets you to Heaven, it's stated in the Bible:

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Romans 10:9

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

I am voting for Deval Patrick.

Kerry Healy is a twit and her nagative, fear-based ads have caused a huge backlash against her. Can't wait until the rest of the nation catches up and says "enough" with the scare tactics and mistruths.

If I lived in Texas, I'd vote for Bell.

It's too bad that the gubernatorial race is decided by a plurality rather than a majority vote. If the race was to be decided in a run-off, I"m fairly confident Perry would lose. As things stand, his chances seem best. <_<

okay, this is too depressing.

on another note, here's some history from the library of congress:

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/today/nov04.html

Americans observed the first uniform election day on November 4, 1845 in accordance with Congressional legislation passed earlier that year. The law, which ensured the simultaneous selection of presidential electors in each state, increased the power of political parties and reflected the democratization of presidential politics which had taken place since 1820.

As late as 1816, the citizens of nine states did not vote in presidential elections. Instead, previously elected state legislators chose the presidential electors who then determined the outcome of the contest.

yay

preston smith?
Not according to a former Notre Dame coaching legend!

Smith has to be the most ill informed governor Texas has ever had. At a banquet honoring former Kansas City Chiefs head coach Hank Stram, Smith made an attempt at a joke that left everyone scratching their heads. When Smith realized something was wrong, he turned to Stram and asked,

Smith has to be the most ill informed governor Texas has ever had. At a banquet honoring former Kansas City Chiefs head coach Hank Stram, Smith made an attempt at a joke that left everyone scratching their heads. When Smith realized something was wrong, he turned to Stram and asked,

I voted last Thursday. Got it over with.

:D Proud to say I voted for the first time last Thursday also! One of the best feelings I've had in a long time. I even had a standing ovation from the polling officials when I finished :D

Thanx America, 4 letting me vote! I know it's cheesy, but I'm proud to be allowed to do that!

AWWWW Sev, he was justg playin' to the crowd, like a good politican would.

byam---- you are right sev, those dirty sinners will be bar-b-q. and don't worry, just like I promised you, I won't tell anybody you said so. ;) BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! ! ! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! ! ! ACK ! :blink:

As Kinky put it and as been said many times before,"If you don't get off your butt to vote, you have no right to b*itch".

It is mind boggling to me with all the issues at the forefront of any election so few people vote.

Follow the money and look at a site like Texans for Public Justice; that basically says it all. :angry2:

Archived