You know I was at school today, and my teachers didn't even talk to me. They always tease me about the Texans when they lose, but today was a different story. They didn't even say a word to me about the team. I'm guessing they so use to them losing, then winning.

And I do admit I was wrong, Mark. I'm a man of my words, and when I'm wrong, I will admit that I'm wrong.

The Texans played brilliant on both sides of ball, and did good for the first time running the ball. I think they need to stick with Samkon Gado and Wali Lundy as their backfield. Ron Dayne? He's more like a 3rd down back. He's powerful, but too damn slow.

This was a big win for the Texans, and I hope they carry it Sunday when they play against the Titans.

Furthermore, Titans was one of my wins for the Texans. So they should be 3-4 after the game.

Edited by houstonsemipro

This was a big win for the Texans, and I hope they carry it Sunday when they play against the Titans.

Furthermore, Titans was one of my wins for the Texans. So they should be 3-4 after the game.

I sure hope you are right, semi. I'd hate to have to listen to the Vince Young fans all over again. :huh:

The Danger Signs Were There

When Jaguars players drove to Alltel Stadium on Saturday morning for a brief practice before heading to the airport, they were greeted by roadblocks that prevented them from getting into the Alltel parking lot. A road race event caused some players to be unable to report for meetings on time, which caused Del Rio to have to push his schedule back.

No big deal? Wrong. Football teams are very fragile commodities. The most minor of distractions can damage their routine and focus.

Del Rio's Saturday morning got a bad start when he picked up the newspaper and read that his star running back was complaining about his contract. It was, yet, another distraction; the kind coaches especially dislike.

Forget about the bogus terrorist threat from earlier in the week. You don't scare these guys with that stuff. Their flight proceeded smoothly and uneventfully to Houston and the hope was that maybe, just maybe, they left all of their troubles behind in Jacksonville.

They apparently did not. Some players acknowledged that they had spent a wakeful night in a noisy hotel. Party noise from the street filled several rooms on the street side of the hotel. One player spoke of finally being able to fall asleep, only to be awakened at five in the morning by loud sounds within the hotel. His night was over. It was time to play.

That small snippet came from the article. I bust out laughing when I read this.

34-6

In case you forgot. :D

What a difference a week makes? 27-7 W for Texans and another L for Dallas. Dallas doesn't do as well when playing teams with winning records. Whipping a team only 5 yrs. old might make the Irving Cowchips' fans elated, but Philly and NY will get the last laugh. Hell, the Texans may have the last laugh. We have a long way to go.

In Dallas, Giants pick and grin

It didn't matter who was at QB for the Cowboys. Neither Drew Bledsoe or Tony Romo made much hay, combining for four interceptions and six sacks in a 36-22 MNF defeat.

What a difference a week makes? 27-7 W for Texans and another L for Dallas. Dallas doesn't do as well when playing teams with winning records. Whipping a team only 5 yrs. old might make the Irving Cowchips' fans elated, but Philly and NY will get the last laugh. Hell, the Texans may have the last laugh. We have a long way to go.

It didn't matter who was at QB for the Cowboys. Neither Drew Bledsoe or Tony Romo made much hay, combining for four interceptions and six sacks in a 36-22 MNF defeat.

I thought it was funny they have been calling for Romo all year and were cheering for Romo when he came in and first pass he throws gets intercepted. thats priceless.

Damn, that's some bigass text! But yea, the Dallas Brokebacks didn't look too good this past Monday Night.

Speaking of Dallas, I was there for a business conference this past weekend, and went to a Champs sports store in one of the malls in Frisco. Not one Texans jersey. I found it interesting. Saints, Titans, Patriots, Cowboys (of course), even Raiders. But the only Houston jersey of ANY sport sold in their store (or throughout the mall), was Tracy McGrady.

I decided to talk to the clerks, because I was curious about how much they knew about sports. They knew everything about the Cowboys (including the names of the referees that called the last game), and just about everything else you could think of in Texas sports except when it came to Houston. They couldn't even think of our quarterback or coach's name. They said there's rarely any mention of the Texans in Dallas's newspapers compared to the Patriots, Lions, etc. They didn't know our stadium name, the 1st round draft pick's name, and couldn't even remember what our logo looked like.

Mind you, they also couldn't even remember where the Dallas Burn play, and the stadium's right down the street and getting ready for the MLS Cup. Way to go, Einsteins :blink:

If the Texans win against the Titans, they will have already exceeded the amount of wins from last season. And if the Cowboys lose next week as well, we'll have the same record as them...but with much more kudos ^_^

I thought it was funny they have been calling for Romo all year and were cheering for Romo when he came in and first pass he throws gets intercepted. thats priceless.

:D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I thought in was mad last night.Jerry Jones was furious.I bet he made the call to put in Romo.

If I had to guess, I will bet that there is "specific" wording in the Big Tuna's contract preventing it. I will be will to bet there is a hands off no interference clause in there. And if Jerry pulled a Jerry, Tuna could walk away with all his Oreos. Jerry may want to so bad he can taste it.

No the Tuna is at wits end with Bledsoe, he was back in the Meadow-lands, his old house, and was getting his arse handed to him and was desperate. It didn't help and he took a beating. Jerry is furious because he's a football fan, he's an old jock with an ego. He hates to lose. My Grandmother use to get more furious than he was. I literally thought she was going to have a heart attack in front of the TV. Every Sunday, Pot Roast, Home Made Ice Cream and the Cowboys on TV. I mean from the days in the Cotton Bowl until she died in 1996 103 yrs old. She Screamed at that TV, for over 30 years. There are people that passionate about it. ........Anyway, Tuna never has good luck back in the Meadow-lands. Kinda like Napoleon Bonaparte returning to Waterloo.

If I had to guess, I will bet that there is "specific" wording in the Big Tuna's contract preventing it. I will be will to bet there is a hands off no interference clause in there. And if Jerry pulled a Jerry, Tuna could walk away with all his Oreos. Jerry may want to so bad he can taste it.

No the Tuna is at wits end with Bledsoe, he was back in the Meadow-lands, his old house, and was getting his arse handed to him and was desperate. It didn't help and he took a beating. Jerry is furious because he's a football fan, he's an old jock with an ego. He hates to lose. My Grandmother use to get more furious than he was. I literally thought she was going to have a heart attack in front of the TV. Every Sunday, Pot Roast, Home Made Ice Cream and the Cowboys on TV. I mean from the days in the Cotton Bowl until she died in 1996 103 yrs old. She Screamed at that TV, for over 30 years. There are people that passionate about it. ........Anyway, Tuna never has good luck back in the Meadow-lands. Kinda like Napoleon Bonaparte returning to Waterloo.

When I think of this year's Cowboys, I think of a team of older dudes, whereas when I think of the Texans' roster, I think of young dudes, prospects, and rookies being the most talented on the team, with two players being the first pick in the draft (Carr & Williams). I do think the Texans have a lot of hope for the coming seasons, but the Cowboys look like a team that's dying for reconstruction and development of new talent, and I can't see that happening with Parcells as coach and Jones as owner. They have a "win now"attitude, but they need team chemistry first. The Texans may end up a playoff team in the coming years sooner than the Cowboys with this trend, yo.

Definetly. Even though the Cowboys beat the Texans this year, I think that the Texans are a better rounded team. The Giants showed that. Terrel Owens had Dallas' name high out there (but has done less than Andre Johnson). Without T.O., I don't think many people would be discussing the Cowboys.

Also, check this out: Texans Rank 22, and getting higher

Cowboys 17: One win and they could be back on track. That said, the Cowboys look like they're headed for a derailment.

Texans 22: Here's guessing Jacksonville wished Houston would have taken Reggie Bush instead of Mario Williams. Williams had two tackles, a sack and recovered his first fumble.

Edited by Trae

I don't know about Texans fans in Dallas, but my two friends who went to the game in Dallas said there were impressed with lots and lots of Texans fans there. Of course the Chronicle printed the number of season ticket holders from Houston to Dallas. The Texans sold over 60,000 season tickets. The Cowboys have never had that kind of season ticket fan base. Interesting ... Cowboys would not provide a breakdown of their season ticket holders. That one doesn't make much sense. Anyhow, they had 63,000+ for Monday night football. Texans always get 70,000+ B)

Edited by houstonfella

The Fort Worth Star Telegram is reporting that Romo will be named the starting QB for the Carolina game. Could he be the next Tom Brady or the next bust?

Bye the way, I was at the Cowboys/Texans game 2 weeks ago and I disagree with some of comments about the number Texans fans at the game. I sat in section 36, which is endzone lower level seating, and I counted maybe 20 Texans fans out of about 10 sections that I could clearly see. There was a group of losers...I mean Texans fans sitting by the Texans tunnel which accounted for about 8 of the 20. One guy even took off his Texans jersey and put on a cowboys t-shirt midway through the 3rd quarter.

According to sources the Cowboys/Giants Monday night game was the most watched event in cable history. Its estimated that over 11.6 million homes watched the game.

This again proves that the Cowboys will always be America's Team...

According to sources the Cowboys/Giants Monday night game was the most watched event in cable history. Its estimated that over 11.6 million homes watched the game.

Or that the Cowboys were playing the Giants, the #1 media market in the world. Don't brag too much, that record will be broken this season.

Moderators - Could we create a new thread on the Cowboys? Many of the responses have little to do with the Texans 2006 season.

Thanks!

You are right, 11.6 million Americans wanted to see the Giants hand Dallas their asses on a platter. Proving once again that Dallas cannot handle a team with a winning record. "Why is T.O. there ?"

Edited by TJones

Or that the Cowboys were playing the Giants, the #1 media market in the world. Don't brag too much, that record will be broken this season.

Moderators - Could we create a new thread on the Cowboys? Many of the responses have little to do with the Texans 2006 season.

Thanks!

The giants don't have that big of a following. In fact, I was at the Monday night game and there were almost as many Texans fans last week as there were Giants fans Monday.

Bye the way, the first part of my response, that you left out, did in fact include Texans talk.

This is what's so great about watching the Cowboys get their butts whipped...Dallas fans actually think everyone that watched was rooting for them.

If you want to think that, little d, feel free. It just makes you guys all the more amusing. Oh yeah, and I was with you guys til the bitter end. :lol:

The Texans are achieving a lot this year: already matched last year's 2 win total. The David Carr to Andre Johnson tandem is emerging and the offense is doing some good stuff even without their stand-out Dom Davis this year. Hopefully, the defense will pick up on it and get better (offseason changes pending). The Cowboys are now in a funk at QB...especially when it comes to playing good teams.

I've read posts about the "superior" Dallas Cowboys on a number of Texans and Cowboys forums from the Big D fans.

Soooo...going on to about the halfway point of the 2006 NFL season...the "superior" Dallas Cowboys are only ONE game better than the supposedly "terrible" Houston Texans.

It is now up to the Texans to play at the level we played whipping the Jags. Of course, the Texans have always played the Jags tough. The two teams match up well for whatever reasons. Our Texans need to go out and prove they are tough enough to win a road game to a 1-5 team - Bud's bunch. :lol: Come on, David, show those Longhorn fans that we didn't need to draft Vince Young. I know you can git r dun.

Whatever happened to the United States Soccer team? They kinda play for the most prized trophy in all sports, don't they?

And since when has all of America routed for the Cowboys? I'm pretty sure SOMEONE watching this past Monday was a Giants fan, yes? By the way, send Romo some props for being named started for the next Cowboys match, and send Bledsoe my condolences.

I'm just saying that because within a few years from now, the TEXANS will prove that the Cowboys are not even the team of TEXAS, let alone "America's Team". Please :rolleyes: When the Cowboys play for a World Cup, I'll start calling 'em America's Team, yo.

Whatever happened to the United States Soccer team? They kinda play for the most prized trophy in all sports, don't they?

And since when has all of America routed for the Cowboys? I'm pretty sure SOMEONE watching this past Monday was a Giants fan, yes? By the way, send Romo some props for being named started for the next Cowboys match, and send Bledsoe my condolences.

I'm just saying that because within a few years from now, the TEXANS will prove that the Cowboys are not even the team of TEXAS, let alone "America's Team". Please :rolleyes: When the Cowboys play for a World Cup, I'll start calling 'em America's Team, yo.

DJ, you know soccer is not an "American" sport, and nobody cares that much about it here in the states. Granted, there are some fans, but, you are right, it is an international sport, outside the realm of the USA, and we have just never really grasped it.

Besides, everyone knows that the "midget tossing for distance" trophy is THE most coveted "prize" in all of sports. My personal best is 16'4". >:)

Houston and Dallas are 1-1 against each other. Houston might end up with a better record than Dallas this season. We can beat Tennessee twice, the Browns, Oakland, Buffalo, and Jacksonville. The Giants and Indy will be the tough ones. Dallas is just crumbling and becomind divided. Romo and Owens on one side, and Bledsoe on the other.

And please, Dallas is not "America's Team." They have had 9 different starting QB's since 2001, not one a playoff came since last century, and doing poorly this season. The Giants play in a metro of 22 million people, which helped with the ratings a lot. Do you honestly think everyone was watching yo see "America's Team," (propbably the T.O. Show). Don't come here with that crap.

Edited by Trae

Houston and Dallas are 1-1 against each other. Houston might end up with a better record than Dallas this season. We can beat Tennessee twice, the Browns, Oakland, Buffalo, and Jacksonville. The Giants and Indy will be the tough ones. Dallas is just crumbling and becomind divided. Romo and Owens on one side, and Bledsoe on the other.

And please, Dallas is not "America's Team." They have had 9 different starting QB's since 2001, not one a playoff came since last century, and doing poorly this season. The Giants play in a metro of 22 million people, which helped with the ratings a lot. Do you honestly think everyone was watching yo see "America's Team," (propbably the T.O. Show). Don't come here with that crap.

I tell U what; I'll be an :angry2: ANGRY :angry2: dude if we were to lose to Oakland, yo....

This is what's so great about watching the Cowboys get their butts whipped...Dallas fans actually think everyone that watched was rooting for them.

If you want to think that, little d, feel free. It just makes you guys all the more amusing. Oh yeah, and I was with you guys til the bitter end. :lol:

Jeez, Red, you have my post right here in your hands. My friends who went to Texas Stadium :lol: came back with the same memories I did over a decade ago. Asbestos hanging from the rafters. Parking in the mud. Funky, buddy, funky. I love my Texans. Yeah, I do. :wub:

It's halftime, 14-3. I clearly thought the Texans will defeat Titans, but it seems like the Texans will lose this game. When the Texans are down and out they will not come back. So count this game as a L.

Furthermore, Vince Young look better then Carr, and Carr is what... the 4th passing qaurterback in the league? Yea, right! Give me a break.