Hilton Home2 Suites/TRU Hotel At 1540 Leeland St.

Paco Jones

16 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

I’ll be happily surprised if this breaks ground this year. United Airlines is seriously running forecasts for travel being down 90+ percent for the remainder of the year. Tough to see a quick rebound in travel to support demand for hotel occupancy in the nearer term.

I share you skepticism but if this doesn’t start until December of this year I can’t imagine it would be done before at least summer of 2022. 

• Like 2

They're only building on a 1/4 of the block at the corner of Leeland and Crawford. The other quarter that they own at the corner of La Branch and Leeland will be held for parking/future development.

• Like 7

• The title was changed to Home 2 / TRU Hotel At 1540 Leeland St.
  • 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to Home 2/TRU Hotel At 1540 Leeland St.
  • 4 months later...

I think we're really about to see this side of downtown begin to fill in nicely. Businesses like The Rustic and obviously Toyota Center have helped to slowly get this area going. I rode downtown last night on my bike and I was also impressed with the infrastructure. I live in UK, and I can now get downtown via bike lanes pretty much the entire way. All of these improvements help spur development. 

• Like 8

• The title was changed to Hilton Home2 Suites/TRU Hotel At 1540 Leeland St.
  • 4 months later...

The plat and their renderings don't match. The plat (I'm horrible at interpreting these so correct me if I'm wrong) makes it seem like the building will face Leeland and span from La Branch to Crawford. The renderings make it seem like the building will not reach La Branch, leaving the parking there (can see on Leeland Ave view picture), it makes it seem like it will be built closer to Pease. If I'm reading it correctly, I prefer them being closer to La Branch like the plat vs the rendering's layout.   

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

"PA Hospitality, a company led by Alif Maredia, will develop and manage the 221-room hotel, which is expected to break ground by the end of the year. Completion is planned in the third quarter of 2024."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/9-story-dual-branded-hotel-planned-near-Toyota-17548069.php

HGlxtyr.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hindesky said:

"PA Hospitality, a company led by Alif Maredia, will develop and manage the 221-room hotel, which is expected to break ground by the end of the year. Completion is planned in the third quarter of 2024."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/9-story-dual-branded-hotel-planned-near-Toyota-17548069.php

HGlxtyr.png

This might be a dumb question. But is downtown Houston the only major city that has pull in parking you usually see that in smaller cities?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

While going by this hotel project I spotted 3 guys eyeballing the place. Stopped to talk with them to see if they were the developer or construction company but they no they were with Centerpoint. They were seeing what it was going to take to supply electrical to the proposed hotel. I asked if they knew of the other proposed hotel at Texas and Austin St. and they said yes they were.

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...