Under features... "Low Maintenance Fees (ALWAYS)".

How? How "always"? All it takes is a Board vote, and the fees are what they are. 

Further, let's say they run into a property maintenance issue, or a desire by the residents to change something. Something that costs money. They raise the fees to cover it. "Low fees" still?

Maybe someone more versed in Condo HOAs can educate me, but I can't imagine how they can say "ALWAYS". (Their caps, not mine)

Is it wrong to want that chair and ottoman pictured in the second photo above that looks like a lady's bathing suit from the 20's sitting indian style with a matching beach ball?!

where can i get that?! haha! 😍😵

Edited by gene
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dakota79 said:

Like all of his projects.  Cheap and "Vegasy" (not a word, I know but you get the drift)

Maybe we need to introduce a concept called the "RD Spectrum of Quality", since it seems to radically shift from project to project, and even by experience level of RD himself. To his credit, he is getting better with each project and that is all one can ask for.

I don't know about you, but all that marble definitely doesn't look cheap. This is going to be one pricey slice of pie.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 1

Article in the Chronicle...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Randall-Davis-unveils-design-for-Westheimer-tower-14856488.php

Randall Davis has finalized plans to build a high-end condominium tower in the River Oaks area, the Houston developer’s newest towering addition to the urban landscape.

Davis, whose most recent project was Arabella — a contemporary structure on San Felipe with glass balconies and a spa-like indoor pool — said the design for his new building will have a more classic style.

The planned 25-story tower, to be built at the southeast corner of Westheimer and Eastgrove, just east of Weslayan, will be constructed in white limestone with black and gold accents.

Davis and his daughter, Natalie Davis, the company’s creative director, said they found inspiration from new homes in Houston’s affluent neighborhoods, many of which showcase white exteriors with contrasting black trim.

“I’m trying to do something that I think fits into the neighborhood,” Davis said.

Davis has developed or restored more than a dozen buildings, often designed around a central theme. The Renoir project featured a French garden and 16-foot caryatids, carvings of female figures meant to be used as supportive pillars.

Downtown’s Marlowe intended to strike a masculine chord, with portraits of Marlon Brando, Sean Connery and Paul Newman hanging in the concrete, metal and glass-clad lobby.

His new building will be called The Paramount. It will have 50 units, an indoor and outdoor pool and high-end kitchens with designer appliances.

Davis purchased the 17,300 square-foot site at 3723 Westheimer earlier this year. He recently built a sales center from a nearly 10,000-square-foot building on the site that once housed Krispen, a home furnishings store.

Davis sought a building variance for the site, hoping to build the tower closer to the street. The reduced building line, he said, would have allowed him to keep the building to 20 stories. The city’s Planning Commission denied the variance.

Units will top eight floors of parking and will range from 1,800 square feet to 6,500 square feet for a penthouse. They will start at around $1 million. Maintenance fees initially will be set at approximately $1,240 per month on an average unit.

Designed by Powers Brown Architecture, the building will be crowned by an art deco-style fixture that’s lit at night.

Davis said he’ll break ground after preselling at least 15 units. He hopes to start in April and anticipates a two-year construction time. He did not disclose the development cost.

RD-in-a-Tee.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, CraneHunter said:

Has there been talks of who the GC will be? I know G.T. Leach usually works with Randall Davis but I have not heard any updates on this.

I believe I read in one of the stories about this building that it is GT Leach. 

• Like 2

It is GT Leach, according to several articles. I know they often work with RD, but their reputation has taken quite a hit over the last 2-3 years. Surprised Davis hasn't brought in someone else.

OTOH, they were probably low-bidder, and that's the quickest way to RD's heart.

• 3 weeks later...