Downtown Restaurant And Bar Market

When does Chrstians open? I had no idea that they were building until last week and now I am dying for them to open.

They are open. When by there after the Astros game. They will have their full menu available on Tuesday. There was a great crowd there.

Edited by ryrohtx

Went up yesterday in the former Subway ground-floor retail for the Hermann Lofts.  

20910404099_dc665af6a3.jpg

ProvisionsLLC   Hmm.  Provisions you say?  I'll take a Pass on speculating.  Map updated!

20487163554_c0b2325807_c.jpg

The former Subway space occupied by Provisions, LLC will be a new Tex-Mex & tequila concept by a group that owns several bar and food concepts around town.  

The Thai space will be a new outpost from the owners of Morningside Thai.

The area is quickly filling in.  This may be the place to be in 2016.

Edited by RealEstate

Awesome. I plan on going there this Thursday to watch the first NFL game. Looks bigger on the inside than I would have thought.

I went yesterday. Super nice people. It is quite large. Big bar, lots of tables. Good food, beer, shots. Pool, table shuffle board, basketball. They are still working on the patio but it will be amazing when they are ready to open it. This place is a HOMERUN (pun intended) for downtown. Very exiting.

• Like 1

Just left Christian's Tailgate to catch the game. I really like this location and can't wait until the patio is complete. I had a group of about 10 people and none of them even knew this place existed or was in the works. I guess that's the perks of reading HAIF every day.  :P

I checked out Christian's Tailgate last night. Looks promising. Tried getting a bite to eat, but it was actually full at the bar. Place had a strange smell though. Anyways, the fact that it is busy is a good thing I think.

I hope it works out, but sports bars have not done that well in the past in downtown. NFL games are only 20 or so Sundays a year maybe a few more games sprinkled in on weeknights? What's the sports going to do the rest of the year? Live had trouble with lunch time crowds.

But I won't be a Debbie downer. Like I said it looks promising. Big huge windows on congress (live was like a cave) nice patio, feels like part of the neighborhood.

What's the food like? I heard they have good burgers.

I think the smell is from the rubber drain mats at the bar - they're brand new and I think they still smell like that.

There are more sports than football[citation needed] like Astros games, Dynamo games, and Rockets games.  And with more downtown nightlife and residents, having a place to watch sports is a good addition to the mix of bars.

I had the shrimp po-boy and it was good, while my girlfriend said the burger was good but didn't finish it.

Edited by cspwal

Not to mention college sports.

True. College football is another 12 Saturdays a year.

Like I said I think it's promising but I think sports bars in downtown need to attract lunch crowds. There's no sports on tv during weekday lunch. 

Good, inexpensive, reliable lunch food would be a big plus. Then anything they get in the evening is gravy. I'm going to check them out for lunch one of these days. It's raining today so maybe not today.

Like I said I think it's promising but I think sports bars in downtown need to attract lunch crowds. There's no sports on tv during weekday lunch.

Good, inexpensive, reliable lunch food would be a big plus. Then anything they get in the evening is gravy. I'm going to check them out for lunch one of these days. It's raining today so maybe not today.

By 12 you mean 15 plus bowls?

Good, inexpensive, reliable lunch food would be a big plus. Then anything they get in the evening is gravy. I'm going to check them out for lunch one of these days. It's raining today so maybe not today.

By 12 you mean 15 plus bowls?

Plus Thursday nights.  Plus Friday nights, and a few Sunday games.

Plus college basketball!  There are probably 100+ days/nights of college basketball every year.

Edited by Houston19514