Westheimer Montrose Center At 1417 Westheimer Rd.

sidegate

This in this morning's Commerical Real Estate section of the Chronicle

"The Westheimer Montrose Center, a 13,350 sq ft center with retail and residential space has been sold......the property at 1417 Westheimer was constructed in the 1920s and has been renovated several times"

Anyone know exactly where this is? I googled 1417 Westheimer and it came up with Liquid, the store at the curve, but that's hardly a 1920s building...

Weird - 1417 is the Liquid/Boondocks building. Maybe it has just been redone so many times the 1920s have been washed out...

I think it is time to bust out the sanborn maps...

edit - HCAD shows one part 1920, the other 1997:

http://www.hcad.org/records/details.asp?ta...t=0262060000005

and here's the Chronicle link:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/busine...te/5729528.html

Sanborn maps were made for fire insurance assessment, but these days are useful for looking at the history of sites for which the maps were made...

This is the 1925 map - i can't tell where 1417 would be exactly now (below and left of the fire station - one of the dwellings ("D")):

2r2xl6r.jpg

Here's the Harris County Block Book map - again, i can't quite tell (probably in between lots 1 and 5):

http://books.tax.hctx.net/v026/AE1997_25-26_0506.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
This in this morning's Commerical Real Estate section of the Chronicle

"The Westheimer Montrose Center, a 13,350 sq ft center with retail and residential space has been sold......the property at 1417 Westheimer was constructed in the 1920s and has been renovated several times"

Anyone know exactly where this is? I googled 1417 Westheimer and it came up with Liquid, the store at the curve, but that's hardly a 1920s building...

I'm thinking maybe they got the address wrong. Could they be referring to the strip center on Westheimer at Montrose with the Schlotkys and Half Price Books? I believe it dates from the 1920s.

I'm thinking maybe they got the address wrong. Could they be referring to the strip center on Westheimer at Montrose with the Schlotkys and Half Price Books? I believe it dates from the 1920s.

The strip center has more than 13,000 square feet. I'd love to see someone do something cool with that property though. I think it is one of those second hand shops that might have apartments in back. I need to walk by and look when it cools down.

I don't think so. That center was designed by Joseph Finger and built circa 1937; it does not have a residential componant.

This is on the south side of Westheimer, between Yupon and Mulberry (across from Sliders).

I think this is the location of a club that was closed down a couple of years ago for serving underage kids.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a bar in the back of the building that Liquid is at the Montrose Halloween Pub Crawl, and it was pretty cool. That being said, this is the perfect location for something that combines retail and residential because there is actually a lot that you can walk to from there. I'm looking forward to seeing some renderings.

• 14 years later...

• 2 weeks later...

The Instagram page for Stone's Throw was converted to Roswell's Saloon today. Previous posts pertaining to Stone's Throw were removed. So, it's possible a press release with additional details or an exclusive to CultureMap could be imminent.

Roswell's Saloon is the latest bar concept from Shawn Bermudez. The address is 1417 Westheimer, Ste A.

https://www.instagram.com/roswells_saloon

uH96FLN.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Roswell's Saloon opens to the public this week. The latest bar concept from Shawn Bermudez is located at 1417 Westheimer, Ste A.

More about the space-themed bar from a CultureMap article published yesterday:

The bar’s neon sign takes inspiration from the Glitter Gulch, a famous Las Vegas strip club. Inside, patrons will find planets, an astronaut, and other artifacts hanging from the ceiling. Projection mapped graphics add movement to the walls.

Since all of the lighting is either blacklight or neon, Bermudez made sure all of the floors, walls, and bartops are UV-reactive. Overall, the look is a mix of ‘60s space kitsch and the bedroom of a ‘70s teenager.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/roswell-s-saloon-montrose/

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Westheimer Montrose Center At 1417 Westheimer Rd.
  • 1 month later...

The 1431 Westheimer Rd parcel in Montrose has several several retail shops on the property:

• 1425 Westheimer Rd
  • 1431 Westheimer Rd
  • 1432 Westheimer Rd

1431 Westheimer is situated between the 1420 Hawthorne St parcel and the 1435 Westheimer Rd parcel. Across the street is the Windsor Center at 1424 Westheimer (where Anvil and Refuge are located).

lETWkr9.jpg

DBTlxo7.jpg

The 1431 Westheimer Rd parcel in Montrose has several several retail shops on the property:

• 1417 Westheimer Rd
  • 1425 Westheimer Rd
  • 1431 Westheimer Rd
  • 1432 Westheimer Rd
  • 1424 Hawthorne St

The following businesses are located here:

• Roswell's Saloon (1417 Westheimer Rd, Suite A)
  • Boondocks (1417 Westheimer Rd, Suite B)
  • Cloud 9 (1431 Westheimer Rd)

1431 Westheimer is situated between the 1420 Hawthorne St parcel and the 1435 Westheimer Rd parcel. Across the street is the Windsor Center at 1424 Westheimer (where Anvil and Refuge are located).

l5pkbD2.jpg

Guxv3bu.jpg

fISv8Eb.jpg

tRfqmyF.jpg

Fresca Love opened in June at 1431 Westheimer Rd, Suite B. It's an agua fresca shop that also houses a few vendors. The previous occupant was a hookah bar.

A photo of the exterior is posted below. The photo is from the shop's Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtR21tgu7xN/

5viFcBa.jpg