Five Oaks Place/Woodside: Office Tower At 1500 Post Oak Bvd.

fernz

^The perhaps you should use that as an excuse to start the weekend a little early.

And boy, the folks who own a condo on the northern side of the finished Randall Davis place (can't think of the name right now) are going to really get a great view of just what BHP Billiton folks desks look like when they aren't working!  Sucks for them.

Edited by arche_757
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Crane is going up just after New Years!

Just got this in an email.

To: Four Oaks Place Tenants

Date: December 20, 2013

Subject: Closing of Four Oaks Place Drive

On Friday January 3rd through Monday January 6th, D.E. Harvey will be assembling the crane for the Tower Five construction site. During this time, it will be necessary to close Four Oaks Place Drive. Entry to Four Oaks Place from Post Oak Boulevard will remain open. On the west end of Four Oaks Place Drive, the traffic flow will be one-way only, to allow exiting onto Post Oak Lane. To prevent any confusion during this process, D.E. Harvey will have signage installed throughout the complex and Houston Police officers will be directing traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the overhead shots that show the Astoria, BHP and the down Post Oak Blvd.  If I was a betting man, I would say Wille G's days are numbered.  That is a huge plot of land, and absolutely underutilized.  What a great place for a serious high-rise.  Maybe a hotel, since Fertitta is in that business.

Edited by Dakota79

Speaking of holes was anyone else around when they poured the slab for the two main towers of Greenway Plaza back when they were working on that project. I remember going there one night and seeing hundreds of cement mixers ringing the hole for the pour. If I remember correctly it was the largest concrete pour in Houston history. If I remember correctly they also had quite a few Ice trucks there to supply ice. Forgive me if I'm getting this wrong, but it seemed like someone explained they were doing it at night because of the amount of heat that that large a pour of concrete created. I believe they used the ice somehow in the pour. The hole they have dug for the new Hanover Morningside project is pretty impressive for the village.