Hess Tower: Office Skyscraper At 1501 McKinney St.

Ethanra

Yes, Trolleys..

http://www.houstondowntown.com/Home/Lifest...daySpectacular/

The Downtown District is excited to launch the first-ever Downtown District Holiday Spectacular, a five-week experience that packages and promotes downtown holiday destinations, events, shows and shopping!

Highlights include the amazing line-up of shows at the Theater District, the new holiday d

Yes, Trolleys..

http://www.houstondowntown.com/Home/Lifest...daySpectacular/

The Downtown District is excited to launch the first-ever Downtown District Holiday Spectacular, a five-week experience that packages and promotes downtown holiday destinations, events, shows and shopping!

Highlights include the amazing line-up of shows at the Theater District, the new holiday d

Yes, I've heard about this... the best coordinated effort that Downtown has made in a LONG time. Several of the retailers are going to be on extended hours from what I've heard.

I can't wait for Black Friday this year. I'm going to get on the bus, ride it downtown, and do all of my Christmas shopping there. I may even run over to the Angelika and catch a movie before going home!!!

When is the official "lighting"?

i know the official lighting of the downtown tree is December 5th with fireworks and music at hermann square

i know the official lighting of the downtown tree is December 5th with fireworks and music at hermann square

They put up the tree last Thursday. It looked like it has blue LED lighting. It was not fully decorated as of Friday.

It sounds like they'll be doing a better job this year in creating Christmas spirit DT this year. Last year was tired.

Edited by rsb320

By way of One Park Place.

Interesting rendering. Good find, lockmat.

Well I'm wondering if it's a really old one. I remember some people talking about a skybridge but that it was cancelled and I can't remember if it was Discovery Tower or 6 Houston Center.

Well I'm wondering if it's a really old one. I remember some people talking about a skybridge but that it was cancelled and I can't remember if it was Discovery Tower or 6 Houston Center.

The allegedly canceled skybridge was Discovery Tower, but it was a proposed skybridge to 5 Houston Center that was allegedly canceled (or not agreed to be 5 Houston Center.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Why dont some of you guys check out skyscraperpages forums much? Nobody hardly ever posts on the Houston forums while theres a new post on Austin projects like every hour, whats up? I feel like one of the only Houstonites on there :(

Neither Austin or SA have a more popular (and honestly, a more interesting or better informed) alternative like HAIF or DallasMetropolis.

I prefer HAIF, but I update some of the Houston stuff on SSP at times.

I mainly visit HAIF and Skyscrapercity forums. I tried to sign up for SSP, but I always had problems with the membership, shame too, because it was a nice site.

And great pictures. Now I just cant wait for all those other lots to fill in with buildings. =D

• 2 weeks later...

Taken today while picking up my race pack...

img0348eo2.jpg

The park was surprisingly full of people ice skating, playing in the park, flying kites, etc. It was definitely busier than I have seen Hermann Park lately (maybe due to the construction at Hermann and the fact that Hermann is more spread out).

Edited by Jax

Taken today while picking up my race pack...

img0348eo2.jpg

The park was surprisingly full of people ice skating, playing in the park, flying kites, etc. It was definitely busier than I have seen Hermann Park lately (maybe due to the construction at Hermann and the fact that Hermann is more spread out).

nice picture jax. DT is starting to peak above GRB coming from 45 before 59. i thought that was pretty cool

Just got a memo saying that Hess is taking over the building fully and it will be renamed Hess Tower which will be the E&P headquarter for the company. Occupancy in 2011.

Discovery Tower sounds much better, as did Transco.

People just want to brand things regardless. moo.

Just got a memo saying that Hess is taking over the building fully and it will be renamed Hess Tower which will be the E&P headquarter for the company. Occupancy in 2011.

Globest said they're new york based. Any idea on which current office will be moving it's location to discovery tower?