Air Liquide Center: 2-Office Buildings At 9811 Katy Fwy.

ChannelTwoNews

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They are putting up the facade on the backside and it doesn't look that great. Looked at the renderings and it looks like it was always there.

I was thrown off by the facade on this side. Doesn't look like what I expected but they are putting in the rendering's facade on the other side... couldn't snap a photo of it unfortunately.

15355484292_2fbaaddb82_h.jpg

2014-09-25 18.01.05 by marclongoria, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Normally I would absolutely dislike these two buildings, but they sure are a breath of fresh air compared to those ugly triplets with the curved roofs. Even the Crown of Destiny is better. The bright red residential building with tree painted garage doesn't help.

Plain boring boxes. Not to mention the beige color scheme. I'll take a curved roof any day.

The curved roofed buildings are the brightest & most obnoxious pastel beige. Not to mention the design looks like it's straight form the pages of a Dubai suburban office park circa 2003. They look like the mega Katy Freeway has melted and is crashing as a tsunami on that side of the freeway. Triple B District. Big, Boring, and Beige. Not to mention the color of the glass. Sheesh! Looking at them in person is the same as looking at some watercolor or very early rendering. Does anyone else see this?

Sorry for the rank, I just don't care for them. If they were actually completed in 2002 I could excuse the design but they belong on the north beltway with their other family members. In fact, that Memorial Hermann should be the centerpiece on the North Beltway. But instead, like a fungus, the early millennium designs have spread to I-10.

Air Liquide Center has some decency with the color choices. I'm not a fan of them either. They are kin to the Energy Centers on the north side of the freeway in the Energy Corridor.

Memorial City area is not original, not architectually inspiring, and ugly. I greatly dislike these buildings.

I want to see something with dark glass. blackish. Dallas has a new building just north of downtown (in uptown) of 75 with dark glass. has somecool architectual interest. I wish we had some like that.

Plain and boring is all whiny mole people like you deserve. You get what you give.

Yes, the architects and developers unremittingly scout every page on HAIF, see our complaints, and high-five each other when they read our opinions about their satirical masterpieces of modern art. 

We got them... again

Memorial City area is not original, not architectually inspiring, and ugly. I greatly dislike these buildings.

I want to see something with dark glass. blackish. Dallas has a new building just north of downtown (in uptown) of 75 with dark glass. has somecool architectual interest. I wish we had some like that.

What a great world we live in where everyone is allowed to have their own opinions regarding architecture. What's funny is most Dallas posters have derided that blackish glass 'Richard's Group' building that you praise with complete disdain from the day the glass started going up and with a similar negative fervor as you have the for Memorial City area.

Since you like black boxes, ever noticed that 80's blackish glass building right next to Mercedes dealership in Greenway Plaza?  For a fresher take on 'blackish', it looks like you'll get your wish in Houston with the new Phillips 66 headquarters down the road in Westchase. That glass started going up this week. 

What a great world we live in where everyone is allowed to have their own opinions regarding architecture. What's funny is most Dallas posters have derided that blackish glass 'Richard's Group' building that you praise with complete disdain from the day the glass started going up and with a similar negative fervor as you have the for Memorial City area.

Since you like black boxes, ever noticed that 80's blackish glass building right next to Mercedes dealership in Greenway Plaza? For a fresher take on 'blackish', it looks like you'll get your wish in Houston with the new Phillips 66 headquarters down the road in Westchase. That glass started going up this week.

Phillips will be a combination of light and dark blues. Houston Center 1 & 2 are better examples. Oh yeah and our Prized Pennzoil.

Phillips will be a combination of light and dark blues. Houston Center 1 & 2 are better examples. Oh yeah and our Prized Pennzoil.

You may be referring to the glass on the new ConocoPhillips HQ on I-10 being light and dark blues, however the glass that just started going up this week on Phiilips 66 HQ in Westchase is much darker than the earlier rendering indicated. I would say it is black and deep charcoal without even a hint of blue.

Archived