Bob Plumb

GreenStreet Redevelopment + 21-Story Hotel Alessandra

nate4l1f3    417
2 hours ago, wxman said:

This building is a total disappointment from the original renderings. Blah. Moving on...

Even more disappointing is that it doesn't even live up to the revised renderings much less the original ones.  I think 75% of my displeasure is with that tired ass beige color.

• Like 6

Moore713    297
8 hours ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Even more disappointing is that it doesn't even live up to the revised renderings much less the original ones.  I think 75% of my displeasure is with that tired ass beige color.

What the betting line on the time table before this things fails as a hotel before finally bring converted to residential?

• Like 1

Tumbleweed_Tx    1231

They removed most of the fence on the second floor today. I'm guessing that's the lobby.

• Like 2

My guys are do this job, i will go take some photos from inside and post.... but don't get to excited... think The Double Tree meets Econologe

• Like 7

nate4l1f3    417
30 minutes ago, Glass Facade said:

My guys are do this job, i will go take some photos from inside and post.... but don't get to excited... think The Double Tree meets Econologe

Trust me all the excitement it gone hahaha

• Like 4

bobruss    2388
On January 3, 2017 at 9:46 PM, bobruss said:

They'll get what  they paid for.

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 2

j_cuevas713    904
On 11/29/2016 at 4:54 PM, Houston19514 said:

Be sure to let us know how that works out for you.

Omg is it possible this might finish before the Super Bowl!?!? 

• Like 1

brijonmang    3977
26 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Omg is it possible this might finish before the Super Bowl!?!? 

....no

• Like 9

gene    809

i wonder if it will be done in time for Super Bowl...

;)

• Like 3

swtsig    2114

i still can't figure out why they aren't trying to activate the actual streetside retail.

• Like 6

monarch    2786
4 hours ago, swtsig said:

i still can't figure out why they aren't trying to activate the actual streetside retail.

^^^ imo, it seems that MIDWAY'S new property developer LION is trying to concentrate solely upon the smallest of exterior cosmetic details (painting of the escalators etc.) until the HOTEL is hereby completed.  once ALESSANDRA is completed, i am thinking that their focus shall become primarily around marketing the hotel/office space along with much better soft goods via higher end retail.  i have stated it once, and i shall state if again "HOTEL ALESSANDRA shall indeed act as the true catalyst for growth at GREENSTREET.  this new and brilliant hospitality segment is just what this property needed all along.....

• Like 1

Elseed    40

Would be cool if they actually had some real signage on the exterior of Greenstreet. Instead of it just looking like a giant grey box.  I really dont understand what the previous owners or new ones are thinking.

• Like 5

UtterlyUrban    1376
4 hours ago, Elseed said:

Would be cool if they actually had some real signage on the exterior of Greenstreet. Instead of it just looking like a giant grey box.  I really dont understand what the previous owners or new ones are thinking.

The current owners are thinking about planting grass that turns to weeds.  Adding an "astro turf lawn" for the sake of nature, and painting flowers on stairs.  Unfortunately, they seemingly have yet to find a large tenant for the property to go into the ex-bookstore.  Hopefully the hotel works better than the rest of it.  

Remember the renderings when midway bought the place?  I defy you to look at those and what is there now and see much comparison.

• Like 3

Nate99    6199

What kinds of large square footage retail is looking for space these days?  Maybe they could give Dick's Sporting Goods a sweetheart deal for the BAM space, they just added a bunch of Houston area locations.  The BCBG had big bright harbinger-of-store-closure "EVERYTHING MARKED DOWN!" signs last time I walked by.

• Like 2

quietstorm    1037
6 hours ago, Nate99 said:

What kinds of large square footage retail is looking for space these days?  Maybe they could give Dick's Sporting Goods a sweetheart deal for the BAM space, they just added a bunch of Houston area locations.  The BCBG had big bright harbinger-of-store-closure "EVERYTHING MARKED DOWN!" signs last time I walked by.

I think Zara or H&M would do well.

• Like 4

dml423    94
5 hours ago, Nate99 said:

Say no to Dicks. Why would you give it to the competition when Academy's headquarters are located in the Houston metro (Katy)? Support local.

• Like 1

BeerNut    300
5 hours ago, quietstorm said:

I think Zara or H&M would do well.

Maybe a UNIQLO?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 10/28/2016 at 6:58 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

I tried looking through all the pages in reverse chronological order but gave up at page 30. So if this has been posted before, please ignore and forgive me for reposting.

Here are renderings of Hotel Alessandra extracted from Valencia's in-house magazine.

gZfDSA2.jpg

OlXHU2F.jpg

FMAAFMQ.jpg

CbTa8t8.jpg

9lymbFU.jpg

Facebook page for Hotel Alessandra at Greenstreet in downtown Houston:

https://www.facebook.com/hotelalessandrahouston

Here's another rendering of a room inside Hotel Alessandra from Facebook:

CcyTJGU.jpg

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 6

UtterlyUrban    1376

Many a business traveler will not care and will book it for the right price as long as it has a bed.  But to me, that interior design is a jumble of tack trying to find call itself class.  Yuck.  Hopefully the actual rooms and overall interior design  feel better than this schlock.

• Like 1