Bob Plumb

GreenStreet Redevelopment + 21-Story Hotel Alessandra

1427 posts in this topic

So essentially they created a huge pedestrian only alley with retail. Groundbreaking...

Snarky comments aside I do wish this project all the success it deserves and really hope for all the new residential units to help make that dream a reality.

1 person likes this

Sound out the name of that construction company... back to my scotch%^&

2 people like this

I'm originally from Sydney and have spent staggering time in Mebourne and that alley with shops reminds me of some of the outer lane ways in Melbourne. All that is missing are some tables in the alley for outdoor eating, some benches, and resi and hotel.

Some public art and mood lighting would be a nice touch.

Ah look at me blabber away

Edited by Sellanious Caesar
1 person likes this

Pavilions redo...

skyhouse rental office...

12576869515_580bff8143_c.jpg

12576863935_eb9c0b4152_h.jpg

12577317784_6cf0ef6138_h.jpg

12576855865_6e88f2d196_h.jpg

12576961013_cc8c4c0c4b_z.jpg

2 people like this

Really? How does it benefit the Chron?

Publications with paywalls enable the full article to be accessed from search engines. This way the search engine can index the full story. They get click-through traffic from people that search words in the story. If nobody ever finds their articles on Google they risk losing relevance.

Edited by kylejack

Yeah, I'll be curious to see some before and afters here.

Looks like all they did was remove the planters and add pavers

Are we supposed to be dazzled?

Looks like all they did was remove the planters and add pavers

Are we supposed to be dazzled?

Aren't they hoping for more outdoor cafe seating in certain areas with the restaurants and such?

i hope this doesn't come off as a flame post, but i'm not really seeing what's so drastically different about this vs the old Houston Pavilions. But on the other hand, I don't even think i saw it when the renderings came out after this re-do was announced.

Hope my observations turn out to be wrong.

2 people like this

Have they not made any of the planned exterior changes? I think that will be one I the biggest changes and the interior ones may not be as noticeable until completely done.

From their twitter account ten mins ago

Stay tuned for big announcements in March + updates on our GS transformation! Sign up for our GreenStreet newsletter! greenstreetdowntown.com/newsletter

12:22pm - 28 Feb 14

4 people like this

Hotel Alessandra has secured financing and is currently in the design phase. Construction begins later this year (Look in the Shopping district area):

EuuhkPN.png

Direct link to full sized image: http://i.imgur.com/EuuhkPN.png

Credit goes to Urbannizer for posting the pdf!

Edit: Haha...Didn't see your post.

Edited by Triton
2 people like this

Good to see this one has legs. We heard last year that they were kicking around the idea of a sky lobby which I thought would be a real unique concept for houston.

1 person likes this

i think its saying construction start beginning of 2015. notice the solid black lines? i think those are the year cut off points..

good news though, looking forward to another crane in the sky next year!

Looks like you're right. Don't know why they didn't put the light red 2014 line over the black line...

1 person likes this

It would be awesome if they have a Jumbotron....Or some huge Advertisements....(never understood why DT Houston doesnt have a million advertisements on the buildings and such seeing how there all over the freeway) Maybe a nice mural (it has to be Huge)...more bars...a rooftop lounge....

Edited by Elseed
2 people like this

It would be awesome if they have a Jumbotron....Or some huge Advertisements....(never understood why DT Houston doesnt have a million advertisements on the buildings and such seeing how there all over the freeway) Maybe a nice mural (it has to be Huge)...more bars...a rooftop lounge....

That sort of thing isn't allowed by DT management district

That sort of thing isn't allowed by DT management district

Actually the DT retail task force.. recommended they revise this policy. I dont see this being lifted for DT as a whole but the proposed Retail district may be given a expemtion

Edited by Moore713
1 person likes this

They've ripped up a large portion of Fannin.

ThIs is great and all but one of the main sellin points of this place was going to be the focus of retail .. so far not a single new retail opening.. which is odd given the number of small to mid size retail being forced out of Uptown due to  redevelopment you would think witht he growing residental that attracting companies to open up DT would have gotten easlier.. Second I stil think terminating the least on one of Houston most successful clubs(Scoot gerner) was the stupidest thing ever. Have they even filled that space yet ? Not many bar are known outside of Houston and scotts was one  of the few that a celeb might have heard of when it came to Houston.

2 people like this