Pearl 21Eleven: Multifamily At 2119 Westheimer Rd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It looks very nice overall. The wood, the brick work... everything looks premium. The only really bad area is the lower right hand side of this first photo on the first floor. It's giant beige cinderblocks and I am not exactly sure why they didn't try to do something else in that area. Perhaps they will put a vine wall over that section but that small area does look really bad, right next to the road. It's still under construction so I guess we'll wait and see.

16256016391_cdd114753f_h.jpg

21 Eleven by marclongoria, on Flickr

16257015002_7beb8b70fe_h.jpg

21 Eleven by marclongoria, on Flickr

• Like 6

This is a six story stick-built (wood frame) building?

haha... ok, premium looking on the outside.

It is concrete on the lowest floor with the steel sections throughout but it is mainly wood on the upper floors: http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/27160-21-eleven-new-apartments-by-hines-at-2111-westheimer/?p=458380

haha... ok, premium looking on the outside.

It is concrete on the lowest floor with the steel sections throughout but it is mainly wood on the upper floors: http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/27160-21-eleven-new-apartments-by-hines-at-2111-westheimer/?p=458380

I don't know anything about fire codes here or anywhere else but I am surprised that COH allows stick frame building this tall. I guess buildings like this likely have effective fire sprinklers in each unit but it still surprises me that code doesn't require concrete slabs between floors for buildings of this many stories. Is Houston unique or is this common around the country?

I assumed that similar sized (height) resi buildings that are starting construction downtown would be slab between floors. I will need to pay more attention as they build.

Thanks for the pics.  I think this building is good awful ugly.  Hopefully it will look better when it's done, but I think Hines really dropped the ball with this one.  

I actually really like this building... a lot actually. leaps and bounds above the other midrise stuff going on.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

They are doing construction on Westheimer like Kirby Dr. to have utilities poles to be underground with large sidewalks. Also trees, but I have no idea why Hines kept the poles in his complex. How odd looks terrible. :o

Nice! Do you have a link to this? From what stretch is this suppose to start and end?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to Pearl 21Eleven: Multifamily At 2119 Westheimer Rd.