River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd. & 4702 Westheimer Rd.

6 hours ago, Montrose1100 said:

Monarch what exactly is holding anyone from visiting/shopping/dining? I've been to ROD a few times and have seen a good mix in Hermes and IPIC. Honestly haven't been anywhere else in ROD. I'm definitely not the clientele they're catering too but Hermes has a scent that deserves spending money on for special gifts.

As for teenagers, they can all invade the Galleria as they already have. 

^^^ @Montrose1100 greetings my pal.  i may present an answer to your query in one word... IGNORANCE!  ignorant to the very fact that the ROD even exist.  please recall my pal, that both you and i are members of this wonderful forum called HAIF.  therefore, we were completely and utterly aware of the ROD from its heralded conception... to where it stands today.  upon the other hand, there are literally thousands and thousands of houstonians, that simply do not know that this place even exist.  "NEVER EVER HEARD OF IT!"  at least this is what i get whenever i mention the ROD to them...

i shall never forget one evening at the ROD, as i had just completed a lovely dinner.  i was on my way over to AMORINO GELATO, i started walking slowly contemplating upon whether or not to go into that magnificent boutique (45-10 from Dallas) that i love so much.  nonetheless, as i stood there, i started looking at the GI-NORMOUS crowd of people dining and sitting around having a wonderful evening surrounding the courtyard at the little french restaurant TOULOUSE.  for some reason, i was a bit stunned at the magnitude of the crowd of people within that particular area of the ROD.  however, as i stood there, what stunned me even more... was the fact that out of that GI-NORMOUS crowd of people, there was not one person of color.  NOT ONE!  trust me, i looked very carefully. 

in fact, i did not really encounter many people of color at the ROD, until i ventured forth into the IPIC MOVIE THEATER to watch a movie... as i own a PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP.  there seemed to be a good lot of black patrons at the TUCK ROOM enjoying dinner or drinks at the bar.  everyone seemed to be having a wonderful evening.  

nonetheless, this shallow encounter made me quite sad to think that such a beautiful, gorgeous, place such as the ROD exist in houston, and only a certain aspect of its citizenry even know that it exist.  in my opinion, it is HIGH TIME that the marketing professionals of the ROD... UP THEIR GAME!  if they don't, then we shall start to witness more boutique closings in the near future. 

Edited by monarch
  • Like 3

Monarch's comment prompts me to consider what I've noticed, as someone who enjoys all people.  At ROD, the crowd I've seen (and I walk through there almost every day) is overall affluent looking.  Even within that complex, different establishments seem to draw a different mix of demographics.  Amorino and HopDoddy seem to be the most diverse ... a lot of folks of middle-eastern or far-eastern descent.  A fair number of hispanics and african-americans ... as at The Tuck Room.  The fancier restaurants, more anglo-americans or wealthy latin-americans, but not exclusively.  If we were to focus the conversation on AA's, its interesting to me that some restaurants in the Galleria and inside-610 area draw a lot of upscale AA folks, but others are very white.  It's curious ... sometimes I think its different tastes in food, other times it just seems that people feel more comfortable patronizing places where they feel like they don't stand out.  Anyway ... feel free to comment, these are just my impressions.

Edited by ArchFan
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, monarch said:

^^^ @Montrose1100 greetings my pal.  i may present an answer to your query in one word... IGNORANCE!  ignorant to the very fact that the ROD even exist.  please recall my pal, that both you and i are members of this wonderful forum called HAIF.  therefore, we were completely and utterly aware of the ROD from its heralded conception... to where it stands today.  upon the other hand, there are literally thousands and thousands of houstonians, that simply do not know that this place even exist.  "NEVER EVER HEARD OF IT!"  at least this is what i get whenever i mention the ROD to them...

i shall never forget one evening at the ROD, as i had just completed a lovely dinner.  i was on my way over to AMORINO GELATO, i started walking slowly contemplating upon whether or not to go into that magnificent boutique (45-10 from Dallas) that i love so much.  nonetheless, as i stood there, i started looking at the GI-NORMOUS crowd of people dining and sitting around having a wonderful evening surrounding the courtyard at the little french restaurant TOULOUSE.  for some reason, i was a bit stunned at the magnitude of the crowd of people within that particular area of the ROD.  however, as i stood there, what stunned me even more... was the fact that out of that GI-NORMOUS crowd of people, there was not one person of color.  NOT ONE!  trust me, i looked very carefully. 

in fact, i did not really encounter many people of color at the ROD, until i ventured forth into the IPIC MOVIE THEATER to watch a movie... as i own a PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP.  there seemed to be a good lot of black patrons at the TUCK ROOM enjoying dinner or drinks at the bar.  everyone seemed to be having a wonderful evening.  

nonetheless, this shallow encounter made me quite sad to think that such a beautiful, gorgeous, place such as the ROD exist in houston, and only a certain aspect of its citizenry even know that it exist.  in my opinion, it is HIGH TIME that the marketing professionals of the ROD... UP THEIR GAME!  if they don't, then we shall start to witness more boutique closings in the near future. 

Equinox gym in ROD has a huge number of POC people.

source: Equinox member of color

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, clutchcity94 said:

Equinox gym in ROD has a huge number of POC people.

source: Equinox member of color

equinox_fitness_logo-1546454411

^^^ @clutchcity94 props my pal, for your contribution to this dialogue.  you are hereby correct upon your assessment of equinox.  one of the many things that i absolutely LOVE about EQUINOX, is their absolute commitment to all things diversity.  EQUINOX management hails from new york city, and they fully comprehend that diversity within their gyms, is paramount to  their overall success.  EQUINOX harbors a very diverse upper management group, and they are constantly preaching a very consistent approach to hyper diverse properties worldwide.  i always feel completely at home at any EQUINOX property no-matter where i am.  what a magnificently managed corporate entity...    

• Like 4

• The title was changed to River Oaks District - Retail/Office/Residential Project - Westheimer at Westcreek
  • 1 month later...
On 3/4/2020 at 4:14 PM, LBC2HTX said:

2C24937B-AFC9-4D8B-A039-25A564A5EE2A.jpeg.427e43f524a40695048406de7788aa98.jpegThe always-empty East Hampton must be getting a sweetheart deal from ROD. I'm surprised they're still around given how fast they exited their montrose location.

East Hampton locked out. Only surprise is that it didn’t happen before COVID.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to River Oaks District: Retail/Office/Residential Project - Westheimer at Westcreek
  • 2 weeks later...

Phase 2 is supposed to be an office building + EQX hotel, plus some retail.

The rendering above seems to be for the hotel portion, hence the lobby + terrace yoga. So seems like plans haven’t changed, just dragging ass with no movement since last year. Though, I don’t blame them given the less than stellar occupancy at Phase 1.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, LBC2HTX said:

Phase 2 is supposed to be an office building + EQX hotel, plus some retail.

The rendering above seems to be for the hotel portion, hence the lobby + terrace yoga. So seems like plans haven’t changed, just dragging ass with no movement since last year. Though, I don’t blame them given the less than stellar occupancy at Phase 1.

Oh ok that makes sense. The link makes it look like just office but I guess it is only marketing/lease that portion

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2020 at 5:13 PM, LBC2HTX said:

East Hampton locked out. Only surprise is that it didn’t happen before COVID.

ROD wants $29k a month in rent for the East Hampton space.  That right there is the problem...the cost of doing business in ROD is absurd and not sustainable.  ROD is going to be riddle with vacancies within the next year.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ponchorello said:

ROD wants $29k a month in rent for the East Hampton space.  That right there is the problem...the cost of doing business in ROD is absurd and not sustainable.  ROD is going to be riddle with vacancies within the next year.

That seems insanely overpriced.  How many square feet is the space?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarathonMan said:

This conversation has gone completely off the rails.  Focus, people. . .

All off-topic comments have been split into a new thread here. For those wishing to continue the discussion about drag racing, and rambunctious youths, can do so there.

Let's try to keep it on topic HAIFers. 😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

• The title was changed to River Oaks District: Retail/Office/Residential Project - Westheimer At Westcreek
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to River Oaks District: Retail/Office/Residential - Westheimer At Westcreek
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to River Oaks District: Retail/Office/Residential On Westcreek
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...