Post 510: Multifamily At 510 Richmond Ave.

talltexan83

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel bad for the people who will have a view of the spur overpass.

Why? 

Chillin' out and laughing at people who are commuting home in Sugarland can be an excellent past time while you're at home already.

Sears won't be there in 2 years - mark my words.

The Spur from that location moves it's 59 that's the parking lot.

Not hating on this development - good for the neighborhood overall.

I agree. That entire block that where Sears and that abandoned building sit will be gone soon. This area is going to be a nice dense pocket of residential.

I agree that it's great for the hood. I walk to Wheeler station along richmond a few days a week and it will be great having more life/activity in the area. I just realized how close some of the windows will be to the spur, and walking under that overpass every day I know how nasty it is under there. As you can see, some of my photos are taken from under the spur.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good lord. There has to be some city building code that forces these developers to choose the most boring color schemes / designs. I swear when I was in austin last weekend EVERY new complex incorporated stone and wood and had a very modern feel... It's a struggle to find anything that isn't beige stucco or brick.

You gotta be kidding me, this apartment building was looking great, then they covered it up with THAT?

That siding looks like baby flurf.

This one looks like mustard colored crap when driving down the Spur

The mustard is pretty true to the rendering; it should be toned down a bit when they put in the contrasting brick on the lower half. I'm more concerned that they put that weird flat facade on half of it, and it's not even the half that would cover up the parking garage sticking out of the roof. What's up with that?

Good lord. There has to be some city building code that forces these developers to choose the most boring color schemes / designs. I swear when I was in austin last weekend EVERY new complex incorporated stone and wood and had a very modern feel... It's a struggle to find anything that isn't beige stucco or brick.

Stone in Houston would just come across as ripping off Austin's style. It's completely inappropriate. 

I don't the problem is with the materials per se; it's more with the detailing and grab bag faux historicness. At least this thing doesnt have any turrets.

Stone in Houston would just come across as ripping off Austin's style. It's completely inappropriate. 

I don't the problem is with the materials per se; it's more with the detailing and grab bag faux historicness. At least this thing doesnt have any turrets.

I don't think austin has cornered the market on using stone as an architectural accent.

wow, this might even top Hanover West Gray's cheapness. Seriously, hardie-plank for the entire building? And what's up with the mustard paint? Were they all out of teal colored paint or something?

I believe that style of siding is called "Return On Investment".

• 4 weeks later...

Archived