Hyatt Regency At 1200 Louisiana St.

northbeaumont

As an added note the interior lifts have been the site of several suicides. Once about 22 years ago some older man jumped from the 31st floor and hits the area directly in front of the lift. The bricks popped out of the pavement and broke the glass of the lifts. It was quite horrible. Lobby had guests and everything. Kind of selfish act. Could have hurt others too.

If you are in the lobby today you notice the large wave of metal mesh covering the front desk and restaurant. I heard these where added to protect people from suicide attempts. Crazy...

Edited by matth1231
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That hotel seems to continually be redefining and shifting its ground floor services and amenities, but the impressiveness of the 30 story atrium never changes. As long as the rooms stay current and stylish, the Hyatt should remain popular

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
They ripped out Ducks and Company and are combining it with the other lobby restaurant to create one large restaurant. It is going to be a Shula's Steak House which is a chain that is hotels.

looks like the shula's is open

The elite of four Shula steakhouse concepts, the 248-seat restaurant serves wet-aged center-prime cuts of Angus beef.

The star of the menu is a 48-ounce porterhouse for $84. So far, Shula has sold 44,000 of them.

Edited by musicman

The star of the menu is a 48-ounce porterhouse for $84. So far, Shula has sold 44,000 of them.
Is this just Houston?, I can't see how it can be. I checked the website, and I think if you eat the entire thing you get to join some club. So far 33k+ are in it. Edited by Daniepwils
  • Like 1

looks like the shula's is open

The elite of four Shula steakhouse concepts, the 248-seat restaurant serves wet-aged center-prime cuts of Angus beef.

The mind boggles. :blink:

Those wacky meat-eaters..

• The title was changed to Hyatt Downtown Expansion
  • The title was changed to Hyatt Regency At 1200 Louisiana St.
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A special Valentine's Day event at Hyatt Regency Houston: For one night, Spindletop is being opened for a special Valentine's Day prix fixe meal. Yes, it's high...nosebleed high; $295 per couple. But for that you get a four-course steak and codfish meal with Spindletop's unique revolving view of Downtown. Contact the hotel for more information, or go to this Facebook link: https://fb.me/e/4RkFX2PKo

Disclaimer: I am employed by the hotel, but I'm not an official spokesman.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ehbowen said:

A special Valentine's Day event at Hyatt Regency Houston: For one night, Spindletop is being opened for a special Valentine's Day prix fixe meal. Yes, it's high...nosebleed high; $295 per couple. But for that you get a four-course steak and codfish meal with Spindletop's unique revolving view of Downtown. Contact the hotel for more information, or go to this Facebook link: https://fb.me/e/4RkFX2PKo

Sounds like a good time. Unfortunately, I will not be in town and my valentine will be in another place entirely. I would like to see anyone's review of the evening. Hopefully, Hyatt will have similar events in the future. I haven't been to "Spend"letop since 1980 but I remember it well.

• Like 1