post your internet connection speeds

TestYourConnection.gif

wondering what kinda internet connection speeds you're getting? check out this free speed test for your broadband connection: http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

post your results here so we can compare.

here's mine:

Download Speed: 4480 kbps (560 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 1032 kbps (129 KB/sec transfer rate)

TestYourConnection.gif

wondering what kinda internet connection speeds you're getting? check out this free speed test for your broadband connection: http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

here's mine:

What ISP is giving you a megabit up?

I ride the exercise bike while i am on this forum in the evening and on the weekends. i went from 232 -193 lbs in a couple of months, but i stop eating before bedtime.

But to answer the big question my Internet speed is 54 Mbps, but it varies minute by minute so the test is flawed.

What ISP gives you 54 Mb/sec? I think you're confusing the speed of your wireless LAN with the speed of your WAN connection.

What ISP gives you 54 Mb/sec? I think you're confusing the speed of your wireless LAN with the speed of your WAN connection.

you are right here's my test results 2677 down 360 up sorry for the wet behind the ears. :lol::lol::lol: Roadrunner

Edit: My phone rang today and it was my own home phone calling it self. I got Warner Cable, phone, internet and tv.

TestYourConnection.gif

here's mine:

Earthlink Cable wireless at 10:20 p.m.

Download Speed: 4629 kbps (578.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 359 kbps (44.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Is it true that some of these sites which offer free computer services are really fronts to install spyware or adware?

Yes. Just about any type of site can be a front for those sorts of things. The number one keyword associated with spyware/adware is SCREENSAVER.

What ISP is giving you a megabit up?

ygnition (aka tvmax).

I ride the exercise bike while i am on this forum in the evening and on the weekends. i went from 232 -193 lbs in a couple of months, but i stop eating before bedtime.

wow! congrats. not a bad way to pass the time and lose weight.

Yeah I know, just spoiled. I can barely remember having dial up anymore, that was a drag, when a 16k modem was rocking and rolling. My old desktop IBM 5150 running IBM PC-DOS on it in 1981. Had an Intel 8088, 4.77MHz with 640k of RAM. I paid three grand for that thing. That was a lot of money in 1981. Had the dual 160KB 5.25-inch floppy disk drives, man that was big stuff. Upgraded to MS-DOS in 1982, and we were flying high. Then I stepped up in 1987 and got a Tandy running Windows 2.0 still had the 5.25 inch floppies. but also had the 3.5 inch disk and the 386DX processor. Thought we were really rocking and rolling. Paid about $2200 for it then. We've come a long way baby!!!!!!!!!!

off the bike and at work:

Download Speed: 31784 kbps (3973 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 7796 kbps (974.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

I am at work, and this is supposedly T1, but I am running

1290 KB download

1199 KB upload

My Road Runner at home is,

1983 KB download

1055 KB upload

At home:

6079 kbps download

4972 kbps upload

at home on RoadRunner:

4688 kbps download

359 kbps upload?! WTF? :lol:

It's not unusual for cable and DSL connections to be an order of magnitude slower on the upload than the download. 56k modems were like this, too. It has a lot to do with how the signals are generated.

Also, with cable it gets even messier since you're sharing the connection with everyone else in the neighborhood.

And to make things worse, most cable and DSL companies cap your upstram bandwidth in order to discourage people from running thier own servers out of their homes.

Yeah I know, just spoiled. I can barely remember having dial up anymore, that was a drag, when a 16k modem was rocking and rolling. My old desktop IBM 5150 running IBM PC-DOS on it in 1981. Had an Intel 8088, 4.77MHz with 640k of RAM. I paid three grand for that thing. That was a lot of money in 1981. Had the dual 160KB 5.25-inch floppy disk drives, man that was big stuff. Upgraded to MS-DOS in 1982, and we were flying high. Then I stepped up in 1987 and got a Tandy running Windows 2.0 still had the 5.25 inch floppies. but also had the 3.5 inch disk and the 386DX processor. Thought we were really rocking and rolling. Paid about $2200 for it then. We've come a long way baby!!!!!!!!!!

I just got dial-up on Friday. Believe me, after 2+ months with no internet at home, even dial-up is great! :D

Archived