texas votes red ... again.

houstonmacbro

If any of you can not be objective enough to admit that George Bush is a great American than that says alot about you, In my humble opinion

Would that be in your subjective humble opinion or your objective humble opinion?

Personally I find it hard to admit that he is a great man when I view him as one of the 3 worst Presidents in our history-I base that on objective study-not subjective ravings.

Feel free to digest it-or not.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would that be in your subjective humble opinion or your objective humble opinion?

Personally I find it hard to admit that he is a great man when I view him as one of the 3 worst Presidents in our history-I base that on objective study-not subjective ravings.

Feel free to digest it-or not.

Who are the other 2?

If any of you can not be objective enough to admit that George Bush is a great American than that says alot about you, In my humble opinion

I'm not feeling very objective. In your opinion what makes Bush a great American? And list some other great Americans, in your opinion, so we have some sort of benchmark.

This is funny, really. I was merely trying to make a point. Of course a gay man is going to know about color, and atheists are going to know about secularism. I'm not going to defend my points any further, but I do want to say this about the way people behave on this board:

I think it's funny how I express my opinion, and because I am a right-leaning Christian, I get attacked and villified like I'm some kind of idiot, and I don't appreciate that. TJones has his sentiment padded in humor, and RedScare's sentiment is wrapped up in some strange superiority/wisdom complex. I try to just be me--as candid as I can be-- and state how I feel, and each and every time I am shot down by snide comments from the peanut gallery when everyone else here in the inner HAIF "clique" gets winks and smiles and pats on the back for their unbelievably intellectual insight. Puh-leeze. I'm not perfect by any means, I merely have opinions as all of you do, and though they may not be shared by you personally, that doesn't mean you have to make hypocritical comments about my avatar or signature, or my user name, or anything else you presume to know about me, or anyone else here with an opinion that differs from yours.

Stick to what you know, fellas--because it sure as hell ain't politics, and it ain't women, either. :)

I have actually read every single one of your posts Parrot, you know we are roughly on most of the same pages. This one I have quoted, I feel is your best one thus far. Just don't get so irritated by others that doubt what you say, just hit them with the facts and leave it to the others who read to decide who is right. You can't change their minds even when they see the facts for themselves. You can't say it is your "opinion" though, when you try to state things as "facts" and show articles and links to back up your "opinion", because at that point it is not an opinion anymore. You know better, you know you have to put IMO, or IMHO, these Dirty Dem. Sharks around here LIVE for one of us Real American Reps.<<< IMO, to give them something to sink their Govt. funded teeth into. Just give them a simple, "YOU GUYS ARE JERKS !" and move on to the next topic. That's what I do. Watch, Nmain, you're a big jerk! I knew BLACK means devoid of all light, but me and Johnny Cash look DAMN GOOD in that COLOR! SEE Parrot! The point is, you can't let them KNOW that they are getting under your skin.

I have to "clique" here, because I would NEVER hangout with these ,IMO, losers in public. :lol: j/k

btw, I didn't answer your question earlier about women votes goin' to Strayhorn. Women are absolutely the most wonderful creatures on the face of the planet. I know this because my wife made me say so .......I mean my wife is the REASON, I get up every morning. According to Red, that is NON-secular.

Oh dangit !............I forgot this for Parrot...... ;):P:D:huh:

Women are absolutely the most wonderful creatures on the face of the planet. I know this because my wife made me say so .......I mean my wife is the REASON, I get up every morning. According to Red, that is NON-secular.

This much is true. Women are the fundamental basis for male creativity and productivity. If it weren't for them, men would never have made it out of the stone age (ignoring biological constraints, of course).

This much is true. Women are the fundamental basis for male creativity and productivity. If it weren't for them, men would never have made it out of the stone age (ignoring biological constraints, of course).

Well, that and we needed to invent the wheel so that someday we could invent the Ferrari, and get some...........well, you know where I am goin' with this. :blush:

"It's the car........chicks dig the car."

Riddle me this guys:

How can someone literally have an "objective opinion"?

Objective being based on fact and research and subjective being opinionated. "Objective opinion" sounds like an oxymoron to me. I thought all opinion were subjective, that's what classified them as an opinion. Maybe I am being too literal in the entire deal. I can see a scientist giving an objective finding through research, but if he gave an opinion on his findings it would then be subjective would it night?

Just a thought.

Thanks, TJ. I appreciate that.

It's not so much that anyone "gets to me" personally--I mean, I know how forums work and the kind of mindset you have to have. Unfortunately, I sometimes forget that nobody can see me or read my mind when I am typing. I think what irks me is that I present something "as fact"--what I know to be---others do too (and everyone's "facts" seem to be different, depending on which side of the fence you sit), yet I always seem to get picked apart, and quite disrespectfully (and is continuing, I see, and by the same people, in error again) because what I see as fact is apparently in the minority here--and how could it not be? Look at the majority of people who frequent this particular forum.

My grandma used to say "Never wrestle in the mud with a pig, the pig loves it, and you only get dirty."

Yep.

You know, I was all set to believe that I was to blame for parrot's crying and wailing until I reread the thread. Everyone was posting along nicely until parrot INSULTED ME! Go look at post #45 for yourself. You injected yourself into the debate, replete with CAPS and all. Then you start crying like a baby when I and several others debate circles around you. Now, I know that when I post on a thread, I subject myself to rebuttal. If I get incendiary, I might get burned. Those are the rules. I accept them. You apparently do not.

Sorry, parrot, you get no sympathy from me. As MY grandma used to say, "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen!"

Psst, wanna let everyone in on a little secret, lots of religion and Jesus being thrown around in this thread, was wondering if everyone knew that the new Speaker of the House (who the right thinks is the devil himself) is in fact a devout Catholic that has been married only once and has 5 kids and 5 grandkids. Psst, she also actually happens to know what the separation of church and state means.

Try telling either an extreme nihilist or an extreme mystic that getting out of bed is non-religious. There is always an element of faith...faith in your existence, faith that the floor that you will step upon is not an illusion but a solid surface that will support you, faith that the world that you are about to engage in exists as you see it with every construct intact. Deconstruct each of those notions (among every other) and all that you are left with is uncertainty.

You went on to discuss how secularism applies to government. Although interesting from a historical viewpoint, it isn't really relevant to my point.

I reread this post, and got a little spooked there for a second. It reads like a scene out of Matrix 3. :ph34r:

Psst, wanna let everyone in on a little secret, lots of religion and Jesus being thrown around in this thread, was wondering if everyone knew that the new Speaker of the House (who the right thinks is the devil himself) is in fact a devout Catholic that has been married only once and has 5 kids and 5 grandkids. Psst, she also actually happens to know what the separation of church and state means.

That's awesome, I wonder how long it will take her to tax them both. Only the extreme right thinks she is the devil, I think she just wants to impeach the President. So, I only see her as half bad.

........but I'm THE DUDE ! ! !

george_bush_r150.jpg

:lol: Funny how that "I picked a wrong day to quit sniffing glue" is under W's pic. Looks like a caption for the picture. :lol:

Anyway, on to important stuff. Earlier I posted "Tjones doesn't get a twist in his panties when he gets a sarcastic reply". I was expecting a comeback somewhere along the lines of "hey! I don't wear panties!" but it never came. Are we to assume..........

Hey! Where did that post go?

:lol: Funny how that "I picked a wrong day to quit sniffing glue" is under W's pic. Looks like a caption for the picture. :lol:

Anyway, on to important stuff. Earlier I posted "Tjones doesn't get a twist in his panties when he gets a sarcastic reply". I was expecting a comeback somewhere along the lines of "hey! I don't wear panties!" but it never came. Are we to assume..........

Hey! Where did that post go?

I felt it wasn't funny enough , I liked it when I did it, but then had second thoughts when I saw it up there.

Only the extreme right thinks she is the devil, I think she just wants to impeach the President. So, I only see her as half bad.

So you just "think" she wants to impeach the President but you really don't "know" that do you? All I've heard her say is she has no intention of allowing that to happen. Are you channeling parrothead or just parroting what she parrots from your hero Limbaugh?

BTW, I understand Limbaugh is being showered with thankyou bouquets from Senator-elect McCaskill for his fantastic impersonation of MJ Fox. He could not have done her, embryonic stem cell research and the Democrats a better favor with his mocking of a Parkinsons sufferer-on camera! The visual of masses of jiggling obesity laced with the standard drug-addict's dulled glaze was priceless.

Thanks, Rush...extra OxyCotins for you! :wub:

:lol: Funny how that "I picked a wrong day to quit sniffing glue" is under W's pic....

...And now the nose is stuck to the lip. Smart. Very smart :unsure:

Anyway, on to important stuff. Earlier I posted "Tjones doesn't get a twist in his panties when he gets a sarcastic reply". I was expecting a comeback somewhere along the lines of "hey! I don't wear panties!"

Whatever happened to Lewinski, by the way? Will she run in '08? We could use someone with her experience as Chief of Staff. Not joking. Imagine how many foreign policies we could get going in America's direction with her expertise. Not a good idea? F*ck it, bring in Condi...

:

I just didn't want to take away from all YOUR panty wearin' THUNDER !

martin_with_panties_on_head.jpg

You know, I was all set to believe that I was to blame for parrot's crying and wailing until I reread the thread. Everyone was posting along nicely until parrot INSULTED ME! Go look at post #45 for yourself. You injected yourself into the debate, replete with CAPS and all. Then you start crying like a baby when I and several others debate circles around you. Now, I know that when I post on a thread, I subject myself to rebuttal. If I get incendiary, I might get burned. Those are the rules. I accept them. You apparently do not.

Sorry, parrot, you get no sympathy from me. As MY grandma used to say, "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen!"

News flash: I'm not looking for sympathy from you. I want fair play and respect. I don't think that's too much to ask for, do you?

I'm not "crying and wailing", nor am I "crying like a baby", though I can see why YOU would think that. It's a nice touch, coming from someone in your line of work. I particularly like the "Everyone was posting nicely until..." remark. :lol: That gave me the giggles for sure. RedScare proclaiming innocence. Cute! :lol:

...and honey--I own the kitchen. Take a frickin' number and sit your a$$ down. ;)

• 2 months later...
Hmmmm. A great a American who lied about keeping Rumsfeld on to the end of his term when he knew full well he was out the door. I'm glad he did dump Rumsfeld but what was his motivation for handling the firing so badly?

When Newt Gingrich criticized Bush for not dumping Rumsfeld about two weeks before the election, Bush said that he did not want to use someone for political gain. As much as I don't like and agree with Dubya, I have to commend him for that.

Archived