What does your username mean?

Parrothead

Thought it would be fun to find out the source of some of the mystery names out there. Some are sort of obvious, but even still, may have a bit of history, so please share! :D (I realize we may have done this before, I can't remember though.)

I'm Parrothead because I'm a Parrothead, aka Jimmy Buffett fan and a member of the Houston Parrothead Club. B) Quando Omni Flunkus Pastus...When All Else Fails, Party!

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon.

Houston= my home

1stWord= Premier city and best in Texas, word!

OnTheMoon= Moon is the furthest celestial body man has ever set foot on and Houston was part of it. Houston can go to great distances to be the 1st and the best.

Also means=it was the 1st word on the moon :lol::lol::lol:

Mine's kind of a combination of things. Growing up in the 70s, I was always fascinated by the Cold War. I was especially intrigued by the spooks and espionage, and the high stakes diplomacy that played out on the world stage. My office partner is a former resident of the USSR, now a US citizen. We often compare notes on what each country's govertment said about the other.

However, the first time I used RedScare as a username was back in 2002, when NC State was playing Notre Dame in the Gator Bowl. I was reading a football forum, and the usual arrogant Notre Dame faithful were terrorizing the Wolfpack fans. I decided to log on and give my 2 cents. Since the Wolfpack colors are red and white, I thought RedScare would be a nice double entendre. The name stuck, and the Wolpack crushed Notre Dame like an aluminum can. :lol:

I find it most amusing when other forumers think it has some political meaning. Someone came on this forum once and accused me of not knowing when the Red Scare occurred (there were actually two Red Scares). It was funny because the topic was not about Red Scares or communism. He was just mad at me and couldn't think of anything else to say. I think those were his only couple of posts. :P

2112: When the meek shall inherit the Earth.

[enter massive Neil Peart Drumming and Squeeky Gheddy Lee's voice]

I remember buying that Rush cassette at K-mart on 45 and West road in 1986. At the time it was the best music to listen to when your were a 11 year old kid.

Started using it while back at A&M.

I really enjoy driving - both across the city and across the state.

I grew up in Northwest Houston and it took me only about an hour to drive door to door, parents to dorm/duplex. I really came to love driving that stretch of highway that connected my two homes.

Also, Highway6 was a Texas country band comprised of all Aggies about 5-10 years ago. The founder was a BQ buddy of mine and their most famous song spoke of the day in the life of an Aggie.

So Highway6 has come to be my metaphor for remembering the good times back in aggieland and it reflects my love for driving out on the open road.

Started using it while back at A&M.

I really enjoy driving - both across the city and across the state.

I grew up in Northwest Houston and it took me only about an hour to drive door to door, parents to dorm/duplex. I really came to love driving that stretch of highway that connected my two homes.

Also, Highway6 was a Texas country band comprised of all Aggies about 5-10 years ago. The founder was a BQ buddy of mine and their most famous song spoke of the day in the life of an Aggie.

So Highway6 has come to be my metaphor for remembering the good times back in aggieland and it reflects my love for driving out on the open road.

I'm glad to hear your explanation. I always thought it meant you went both ways. :lol:

(Aggie joke)

My username reflects my preference for The Original Timmy Chan's over any of the imposters, like New #7 Timmy Chan's, Jimmy Chan's, Jimmy Wok, Chicken Chan's, Tammy Chin's, Timmy Dang's, etc.

Don't mess with the ORIGINAL! :P

where is the original one? is that the one over on 610 south loop @ scott or cullen?

Archived