Foreign Consulates

jt16

3 hours ago, hindesky said:

https://abc13.com/mexican-consulate-houston-new-building-relocation/10687580/

The New Mexican Consulate has opened in the Westchase area according to ABC13.

I thought New Mexico was a state. Has that changed?🤣

Yeah, yeah, I know you meant new consulate for Mexico, replacing the dump that was next to 59 off of Wheeler.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wow.  Did ABC13 really include this line in their story?!?!?!:

“There is no word yet on what will happen to the old consulate building on Caroline Street in Midtown.”

Should someone tell them about the plan to rebuild I-69 which requires the demolition of the old building (and which is scheduled to kick off either late this year or early next)?

Pathetic

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

“There is no word yet on what will happen to the old consulate building on Caroline Street in Midtown.”

Should someone tell them about the plan to rebuild I-69 which requires the demolition of the old building (and which is scheduled to kick off either late this year or early next)?

Maybe they should read HAIF...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Is there any doubt at this point that good journalism is dead and gone?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Vietnam Consulate Offices In Houston
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Mexican-Foreign-Affairs-minister-inaugurates-new-16258810.php

New Mexican consulate opens in Westchase area of Houston

Mexico’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Marcelo Ebrard Casaubón opened the new state-of-the art headquarters of the Mexican Consulate in Houston’s Westchase area Friday.

“This new headquarters will help us to significantly increase our presence in the region and to be able to provide better services for both Mexicans and people interested in Mexico,” Ebrard said at a ceremony in an art gallery in the new complex.

Edited by editor
Edited due to copyright. Remember to summarize and link. Don't copy and paste.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Foreign Consulates
  • 3 months later...

It's set for removal as part of the 59 burial included in the I-45 realignment. A demo permit for the multi-story structure has been filed already. The single family home that acted as taco shop for some time was on HAR a while back. 

unnamed-1.png.2bc4d4146a1c8fc6e9aade224c103055.png

unnamed.png.798e58a75dced11b90badc1e020b5612.png

Edited by JClark54
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, JClark54 said:

It's set for removal as part of the 59 burial included in the I-45 realignment. A demo permit for the multi-story structure has been filed already. The single family home that acted as taco shop for some time was on HAR a while back. 

unnamed-1.png.2bc4d4146a1c8fc6e9aade224c103055.png

unnamed.png.798e58a75dced11b90badc1e020b5612.png

Is there a start date on the 59 burial yet?

39 minutes ago, august948 said:

Is there a start date on the 59 burial yet?

Not to my knowledge. The last update from a relevant TIRZ/civic association/neighborhood association/super neighborhood association meeting I saw was TxDOT had been given the OK to do preliminary work on areas of project not impacted by the civil rights investigation. I presume this section would apply, as MPNA, MPSN and the museums have been in support of it. 

Edited by JClark54

54 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Every building on that block has a "Pending" on it except the 7-11 convenience store in the current HCAD. Even those further west on 59/69 including the Chelsea and the Carter. I wonder what that means?

vCX1JCy.jpg

DUilCxI.jpg

pw00Wm1.png

It means nothing more than the value hasn’t been uploaded yet.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Every building on that block has a "Pending" on it except the 7-11 convenience store in the current HCAD. Even those further west on 59/69 including the Chelsea and the Carter. I wonder what that means?

vCX1JCy.jpg

DUilCxI.jpg

pw00Wm1.png

It means HCAD hasn't put a value on it yet. Last time I looked, my entire neighborhood is pending.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...