Jennings Island: Twin Towers In Clear Lake

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

20j0aoi.jpg

"Jennings Island Development represents a unique opportunity to create a world class waterfront residential high-rise project. The twin towers are positioned on the peninsula to capture the commanding views of both Clear Lake and Galveston Bay. Fashioned in a nautical expression, the two towers are designed with the sleek shapes of an elegant yacht.

The timeless architectural expression also breaks the building down into a distinctive base, middle and top. The building skin is crafted of glass, metal and architectural precast to give the building a strong, youthful architectural expression. The lower levels of the tower overlook the lush pool and garden area on top of a two level garage.

Amenities for the project also include a state-of-the-art fitness center, a clubroom, bar, 24-hour security, infinity edge pool and garden terrace with outdoor cabanas and entertainment spaces. Within each unit, the residences are appointed with 10 foot ceilings, luxurious master baths and kitchens detailed with stone countertops. All the cabinets will be European-style wood veneer with complementary granite and marble countertops. Each unit will also feature fireplaces in each living room and large, sweeping terraces to enjoy the outdoor sea breezes of Galveston Bay and Clear Lake."

Jennings Island

So Endevor's advertisement is a bit questionitable... "Only Waterfront Luxury Living". ^_^

I like the way it looks, who knows, maybe one day Clear Lake will look like Long Beach.

so, both projects are by endeavor holdings? EDI designed endeavor condos & Ziegler Cooper are designing Jenning's Island.

i thought that since endeavor condo sales were going so well this project held some promise.

i think this is the same deal as discussed in the hbj article from may 19th

linky

Nope. According to that article, the site that Endeavor Holdings purchased was the Marker 1 Marina at 3101 Nasa Parkway. Keymap 620N. Jennings Island is somewhere in keymap 620P, T, or U.

EDIT: I was wrong here. Read the next few posts.

Endeavour Holdings Inc. broke ground last month on the firm's first high-rise residential building -- which also happens to be the first high-rise condominium tower on Clear Lake (endeavor condos).

Things now are going so well that two more waterfront residential towers are already in the works (jennings island). And Endeavour has gotten into the marina business with a specialty partner to boot (marina niche is talking about).

it sounds to me like it is referring to jennings island, as well as endeavor condos and the marina. am i wrong?

Endeavour Holdings Inc. broke ground last month on the firm's first high-rise residential building -- which also happens to be the first high-rise condominium tower on Clear Lake (endeavor condos).

Things now are going so well that two more waterfront residential towers are already in the works (jennings island). And Endeavour has gotten into the marina business with a specialty partner to boot (marina niche is talking about).

it sounds to me like it is referring to jennings island, as well as endeavor condos and the marina. am i wrong?

You're half-way right, bach.

In sort of a departure for Sun Resorts, the firm transferred ownership of the older Parkside Marina to a newly created partnership for redevelopment into residential. Partners are Sun Resorts, Parsley's family partnership and Endeavour. Constructed 25 years ago, Parkside Marina is located 250 yards away from the site of Endeavour Clear Lake.

The owners will spend the next two months relocating boats from Parkside Marina to Endeavour Marina. The old marina will then be torn down to make way for a 20-story, $35 million residential tower. Parsley expects to break ground by Dec. 1 on that 125-unit complex called Endeavour Parkside.

I cited the wrong marina, but the site appears to not even be within the City of Seabrook proper, so you can count out the Jennings Island site. The address will be 4949 Nasa Pkwy., which is in El Lago. This makes sense because I remember having seen an article a while back about El Lago opting to allow highrises along Nasa Parkway.

so, the jennings island site is not the one mentioned or is not in the works?

Nope, it was unmentioned. Also, you quoted the article as saying that two more waterfront towers were in the works, but the article went on to explain that one was on Clear Lake and the other was in Galveston.

Like I said, Nancy had already done the runaround trying to find info on this without any luck before she left the Chronicle. The issue has been thoroughly researched, but to no avail. Hell, she even called ME looking for contacts. Come to think of it, that was about the time that the El Lago article came out. I remember thinking "oh well, at least her effort wasn't a total loss."

There's the Endeavour already under construction and the planned 20 story rental tower that will be called Endeavour Parkside which will stand adjacent to it.

Then there's the Jennings Island proposal for Seabrook, although Ziegler Cooper's website is the only time I have seen this proposal.

The one that seems forgotten is The Launch at Nasa, another 20 story condo proposal.

There's the Endeavour already under construction and the planned 20 story rental tower that will be called Endeavour Parkside which will stand adjacent to it.

Then there's the Jennings Island proposal for Seabrook, although Ziegler Cooper's website is the only time I have seen this proposal.

The one that seems forgotten is The Launch at Nasa, another 20 story condo proposal.

Just so nobody bothers looking it up as a possible Jennings Island deal, the Launch at NASA (terrible name) will be next to the Hilton hotel. 80 units ranging from $290's to $2M.

• 2 weeks later...
so are all of these new towers besides the Endeavor, are they proposals? or have they been approved?

They are all proposed at this point. The developer for the Jennings Island project is working with the City of Seabrook, but it has a long way to go and it seems as if it will be quite expensive. He will have to presell, too. The Launch has dropped off the face of the Earth at this point, but you never know. Look for a new project to be announced shortly for Seabrook on Nasa Road 1. Financing is in place and it will go up once it is approved.

The other project for Parsley is Porretto Beach in Galveston. I also understand he and Sun Coast have contracted some land on Offats Bayou across form Moody Gardens.

Archived