Jennings Island: Twin Towers In Clear Lake

Boy, I was thinking along the same lines. Doesn't look inventive at all (looks like some of the stuff that went up on Miami Beach in the late 60s) although I still don't have a full handle of the scale of the design--but still enough of one to know that the architecture would be quite mediocre.

It's not all bad, though, as the views threaten to be great and the touch of retail can't hurt at all.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boy, I was thinking along the same lines. Doesn't look inventive at all (looks like some of the stuff that went up on Miami Beach in the late 60s) although I still don't have a full handle of the scale of the design--but still enough of one to know that the architecture would be quite mediocre.

It's not all bad, though, as the views threaten to be great and the touch of retail can't hurt at all.

At least it is a developement, and yes, it does scream old school Miami, but it is not ugly, just plain and cliche.

Back to the original post: Jennings Island would be totally awesome. I love the design of the twin towers and the waterfront views with sailboats and the Bay would be a place where dreams come true (for those rich enough to afford). I have always loved Kemah and the Bay .... and I remember when it was really crude. But look at Kemah/Clear Lake now. Another 20 years and no one will believe this place. And that is a good thing.

• 7 months later...

Wow, remember when it was a trip just to go to the "Ship's Store", or lunch time hamburgers at the "Regatta Inn", even though the matre de made us sit "away from the crowd" as he called it, or maybe crashing a party at the GBCA clubhouse.

Developers sure know how to ruin things.

• 3 months later...
Project has been picked up by Jetall Development. They are moving ahead although it will take a lot of work.

Good to hear. This is within maybe a mile or less of several other Seabrook proposals so I'm curious as to who this project's target audience would be. Is there any timeline working on this?

Also, technically shouldn't this be in the Coastal Prairie & Bay area? Just saying...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • The title was changed to Jennings Island: Twin Towers In Clear Lake

Archived