Jennings Island: Twin Towers In Clear Lake

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is in the city of Kemah, then these are the Clear Creek ISD schools it is zoned to:

* Stewart Elementary School (Unincorporated Harris County) - http://www.ccisd.net/school/stewart.html

* League City Intermediate School (League City) - http://www.ccisd.net/school/lci.html

* Clear Creek High School (League City) - http://www.ccisd.net/school/clear_creek.html

No kidding.

New%20Building%20Main.jpg

Oh my goodness. If this is not an example of how Houston has settled into mediocrity, I don't know what is. Folks look at the design of this thing! I'm not saying the place should be laced in solid gold but come on. Where has the imagination of this city gone and why do developers continue to choose Houston for what appears to be their worst designs? I would rather this not be built at all than to see this terrible design from the early 70's coastal Alabama rise (and it is in close proximity to one of the areas most popular attractions nontheless). :rolleyes:

Is the address "326 Miller Ave Kemah, TX 77565-2635"?

Did get by there today and if it is the piece of property I think it is, then yes, it seems to be at the corner of Miller and Grove. Not many street signs around there. But I don't know about the number.

Next weekend: hot air balloons ... about 500 of 'em. I have a friend who lives on Clear Lake and can't wait to have omelets and champagne and OJ. :wub::wub:

I dont get it. What is the connection between baloons, CL, Eggs, and Champagne. Sadly, I think I am probably the only one who doesnt get it. I feel stupid.

Nice proposal. But how do you suppose they're going to import all that blue water? Will they have to dig out the brown water first, or just dump the blue water in and let them fight it out?

The Water is airbrushed, much like super models. Its an "image" thing. ;)

the water in the bay is blue, or appears to be blue in some places. the brown water in the gulf is due to silt from the mississippi that moves west along the coast. galveston wouldn't exist if it weren't for this.

the water in the bay is blue, or appears to be blue in some places. the brown water in the gulf is due to silt from the mississippi that moves west along the coast. galveston wouldn't exist if it weren't for this.

Bay waters are typically much more muddy than the Gulf waters because they are the direct recipients of sediment from rivers. You'll note that the Buffalo Bayou, San Jacinto River, and Trinity River are all very very muddy. Muddier than the Bay. Muddier than the Gulf. By the time that bays empty into the ocean, the mud has either settled to the bottom or become diluted.

I've heard that explanation about Mississippi River sediment many times, but if you open up Google Earth and look at the sediment flow eminating from Galveston Bay into the Gulf of Mexico, you'll notice that the current washes the sediment north along Bolivar Peninsula. That begs the question of how or why Mississippi silts would make Galveston's gulf waters so brown. Could it be the sediment from San Luis Pass/Chocolate Bayou or the Brazos River instead? Could it have something to do with the South Jetty blocking normal sediment flows? Or is it just a seasonal thing?

Is there a hydrologist out there that can verify one way or the other?

Bay waters are typically much more muddy than the Gulf waters because they are the direct recipients of sediment from rivers. You'll note that the Buffalo Bayou, San Jacinto River, and Trinity River are all very very muddy. Muddier than the Bay. Muddier than the Gulf. By the time that bays empty into the ocean, the mud has either settled to the bottom or become diluted.

I've heard that explanation about Mississippi River sediment many times, but if you open up Google Earth and look at the sediment flow eminating from Galveston Bay into the Gulf of Mexico, you'll notice that the current washes the sediment north along Bolivar Peninsula. That begs the question of how or why Mississippi silts would make Galveston's gulf waters so brown. Could it be the sediment from San Luis Pass/Chocolate Bayou or the Brazos River instead? Could it have something to do with the South Jetty blocking normal sediment flows? Or is it just a seasonal thing?

Is there a hydrologist out there that can verify one way or the other?

I'm obviously no hydrologist, but i can tell you that Galveston Bay's waters turn green/blue when the winds sustain a South/Southeast direction. I have always understood that to mean that the blue waters off shore move in, and the bayou sediments change direction. When this happens the Spec fishing is wonderful, and the bay actually looks pretty.

I'm obviously no hydrologist, but i can tell you that Galveston Bay's waters turn green/blue when the winds sustain a South/Southeast direction. I have always understood that to mean that the blue waters off shore move in, and the bayou sediments change direction. When this happens the Spec fishing is wonderful, and the bay actually looks pretty.

that must have been the situation when i first noticed the bluish water at kemah several years ago. i looked out expecting brown and was amazed at how not brown it was.

Makes sense. I know that various tide, wind, and barometric pressure combinations can have dramatic effects upon Galveston Bay. My grandfather has lived in Bacliff and made a living from the Bay since the 1950's and tells stories about how northers have blown the water out of the bay so as to create a land bridge between the mainland and parts of Galveston Island, as well as exposing the old Redfish Reef crossing that cattlemen used to use to get from Smith Point to San Leon.

The Jennings Island twin towers would be so cool. I really hope that this can come to fruition. I know there are enough gazillionaires in the Bayou City to afford a 4th home over there. B)

Well isn't "the third largest collection or leisure boats" or something like that in the U.S. right there? Maybe they're trying to attract the same crowd. Or perhaps compete with Galveston.

• 2 months later...
so are all of these new towers besides the Endeavor, are they proposals? or have they been approved?

We do have land fronting Offats Bayou and I-45. This will be an exciting project which I can't really talk too much about yet. Endeavour Partner's LP and myself have a love of architecture. If you could see the plans for Offats you would put your money down right now! It will be more affordable than our first tower while retaining the attention to design inside and out. Please forgive me for not being able to say more, but I am more than willing to post the first renderings of Endeavour Parkside.

• 1 month later...
looks like bad retro. and the thatched/shingle roof stuff, no thanks. :)

No kidding. Not to mention the boxy unsexy wrap-around patios with the same style of wrought iron bannister as is used on the faux-French townhomes, funky awnings, and cheesy computer graphics. I could nitpick at the details, but it'd be like trying to explain to someone why FM 1960 is a bad place for light rail. Not worth the effort.

Archived