Shops At West Gray

hindesky

That neighborhood behind there has had stuff getting torn down nearly every month, so one or two more isn't anything new. I think parking is mostly Barnaby's. It's been a problem for a while, with parking on-street even before all the other places showed up. Those probably have made the on-street parking situation worse, driving this.

The two houses on W. Pierce St. on both sides of the Barnaby's Cafe parking lot are going to be torn down. They are both empty and in very rough shape. I bet the will be additional parking lots. Barnaby's needs to spend some money on the exterior of their building, it's in very rough shape.

OpHn0iS.jpg

lDyHkeD.jpg

qxeezrT.jpg

sjOtUrg.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
1 hour ago, RockyDijohn said:

I live on W. Pierce and have some concerns about the potential expansion of the parking lot on my street. How can I stay abreast of further developments? 

Here at HAIF.

• Like 4

Demolition permits would be required to tear down the houses on W. Pierce to turn them into parking lots. I discovered that you can monitor demolition permits at this site:

http://www.cohtora.houstontx.gov/approot/soldpermits/online_permit.htm

I chose the "Owner/Occupant" button and uses the search term Thera Investments but found no outstanding demo permits. I tried again using the Address button and using W. Pierce but found nothing there either

Be sure to complete the date search fields.

I guess one needs to do this from time to time to monitor when the W. Pierce houses will be demolished.

• Like 1

It's easier to look at "Permit Type" and use the drop down menu for "Demolition" which will include all demolition for the time period you choose. Or you can use the Zip Code using the dates but that will show all permits for a zip code.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Shops At West Gray