Texas Born Celebs...texas Born Hollywood Bred

BayouCityGirl

I was watching Ghost Whisperer and I was interested to find out where "Jennifer Love Hewitt" the star of the show (and Party of Five) was from. So I peeked in on www.imdb.com and found... she's from "Wakko"..er.. Waco, Texas.

Little did I know Michael Dorn (not too long ago) was born in a little city between Houston and San Antonio.

We know Dennis/Randy Quaid/Brent Spiner all went to high school in Bellaire (in Bellaire -Houston- Texas)

(their so patrotic on red/white in that small city that even their street signs are red/white! ;))

of course we know where Kelly Clarkson is from (I forgot the name of the city, Texas) outside the Metroplex.

The Cosby Show mom is from Houston (I can never remember her name)

Patrick Swayze is also from Texas as well (went to Lamar high school in Houston)

even bands I love are from Texas...

"Bowling for Soup" started in the Panhandle I beleive (sorry again its a long day and my mind is shot)

anyone think of other Texas born (not necessarily Houston people) actors/celebs?

----

P.S. Not the ones who reside here like Sandra Bullock out in Austin (we know she lives there right?) but the ones who are 100% pure Texan...born and ...somewhat bred down here :P

Well I meant not necessarily just Houston.

Janis Joplin, Renee Zellwigger, Chris Cagle(country star), Babe Deidrickson, Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemens, That goofball that got caught playing bongos naked while smoking pot Matt Maghanahey, Earl Campbell, Jimmy Dean(sausage king), Jessica Simpson.

Tila Nguyen when to my high school and graduated the year before me. Rashad Lewis went to my rival school and got drafted straight to the NBA during my sophmore year. Vince Young went to Madison and is about to become an NFL star. We've also had all of Swisha House make it (Paul Wall, Mike Jones, Slim Thug), Lil Flip, countless rappers, and Destiny's Child's artists make it, especially Beyonce :) George Strait is a proud Texan as well!

Chandra Wilson, who now plays Dr. Miranda Bailey on Grey's Anatomy, was born in Houston. I took dance lessons with her in the late 70's at Hallie Pritchard's School of Dance.

In case anyone is interested, Hallie Pritchard's school was located at the "witches hat house" that was on the SE corner of Fannin and Webster, caticorner (sp?) from the Greyhound Bus Station. That building was in such disrepair in the 70's, that there were huge holes in the roof. They had 55 gallon drums on the second floor to catch the rain water, which, by the way, made great bird baths for the pigeons that inhabited the second floor.

Howard Hughes has a resting place here in town !

I would put myself up here but I was actually born in Oxford, Mississippi when my father was going to Ole Miss. I am a Texan though, and a Legend in my own mind, So, it kinda counts.

wanna take a stab at the pronuciation of "Mexia"? [it's an old trick we natives play on non-natives ;) ]

B)

A hint: It's not Mex-e-a.

So maybe you could take pity on this non-native: how is the town Buna pronounced?

Is it "Bunn-ah"? or does it rhyme with tuna?

Byooo-na?

(you should have heard the laughter the first time I asked about Bexar County...)

So maybe you could take pity on this non-native: how is the town Buna pronounced?

Is it "Bunn-ah"? or does it rhyme with tuna?

Byooo-na?

(you should have heard the laughter the first time I asked about Bexar County...)

I have always heard it pronounced Byooo-na.

Now lets try Refugio

Archived