Union East: Retail, Office Development At McKinney & Sampson St.

Is it just me or have the neighborhood threads turned very parking-heavy in the last month or two? It seemed like we were on a good streak of mostly uninterrupted urbanization, but lately it seems like there have been an awful lot of updates and projects with a preponderance of new surface parking.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 004n063 said:

Is it just me or have the neighborhood threads turned very parking-heavy in the last month or two? It seemed like we were on a good streak of mostly uninterrupted urbanization, but lately it seems like there have been an awful lot of updates and projects with a preponderance of new surface parking.

Completely agree! I feel like this is an issue thats still ongoing throughout Houston, even in areas thats supposedly aiming to become more walkable. For example, Shepherd, Westheimer, and Almeda are all getting new developments with giant parking lots fronting the street. It confusing because I thought the city was adopting ordinances to improve this issue? Its extremely annoying because its legit the simplest solution, make the damn building front the street and move the parking out of the way, this doesn't impact the business in any way, so why hasn't this been implemented yet?! 

• Like 1