Niko Niko's At 2520 Montrose Blvd.

lovett19

I haven't been to the new location yet - hesitant for some reason (and the super "clean" feel others have described doesn't help!).

And yeah - John. I used to go more often, but no matter how long in between he always would at least remember I always got a Diet Coke and he would always bring me two or three at once.. :blush:

Niko-Niko's - only been there once since the remodel. My agoraphobia/claustrophobia hits too hard there!

Nah, young lady, late 20s or early 30s. Dimitri's mom is hilarious, though. She never takes my order anymore but sometimes I see her around in a wheelchair just hanging out. She cracked me up when she took orders. She would bellow, "FRRRRRENCH FRIES, RRRRRRICE OR POTATOES?" and if you took even a moment to think she'd hit you again, "FRRRRRENCH FRIES, RRRRRRICE OR POTATOES?!?!"

LOL! She is an awesome lady, she was a big singing star in Greece back in the 60's or 70's.

• 6 years later...
  • 5 years later...

I understand that...but dang this place seems to alwayyyyyyyyyyyyyyys be busy and the cars pulling in and out often seem to wreck havoc in regards to traffic on montrose...so the expansion and more parking would be warranted for sure! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 4/18/2022 at 12:01 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

Damn, is this a win for the area? I feel like that's a lot of charm to lose just to expand a restaurant. 

Also, it's unlikely that any housing will be built in the foreseeable future that will be as affordable as those little garden apartments.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Taking over a whole 1.35 acre city block.... in the middle of Montrose....fronting thee main street of Montrose?! It doesn't make any financial sense, especially since the restaurant itself is very small (even if they expanded it). Yes its busy/popular, but I always find parking here. Sometimes the restaurant feels more packed than the parking lot itself. I mean look at the google view, theres still TONS of parking spots?! Google street view also shows the same thing throughout the years. More parking isn't going to increase their revenue any more than it is now. This would have made a little more sense if it was an expensive restaurant, but we're talking about a $10 average plate. This is almost the size of the Montrose collective lot and larger than the lot down the street with the mid-rise going up?! I'm sorry but this makes absolutely zero sense to me and I hate it all together 

Edited by Amlaham
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

i think the main problem is the access to that lot and the way it is configured to be honest but yes i will say that more often than not the streets are packed with parked cars as the lot is full...especially thurs to sun. 

On 4/20/2022 at 11:39 AM, Houston19514 said:

Do we have any indication whatsoever as to what their plans might be?

They were replatting to remove the alley that runs through the middle of the property. They might be doing this to close off the somewhat dangerous "exit" in their parking lot right by the front door.

This is an alley:

x6jePSt.png

It is visible on Google Maps and looks like a road here:

GTaFZ5E.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• The title was changed to Niko Niko's On Food Network Tonight
  • The title was changed to Niko Niko's At 2520 Montrose Blvd.